Page 127 of 244 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

The Great One

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

I'm not sure I read as much into Notch's statements about Hemsky and Spezza. I mean, what is Hemsky supposed to say when asked if he'd consider re-signing in Ottawa?

Banned

Hemsky proved last night he doesn't need Spezza - in fact, he'd be better without him as he'd have the puck way more.

Ditch Spezza, Michalek, keep Hoffman, Stone, Lazar.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm not sure I read as much into Notch's statements about Hemsky and Spezza. I mean, what is Hemsky supposed to say when asked if he'd consider re-signing in Ottawa?
    He should say what he said, that "Spezza is the best centre he has ever played with." But why say that the decision for him to sign this off season has a lot to do with where Spezza will be when Spezza's contract doesn't expire until the year after Hemsky's? That's all I'm saying and yes, I admitting to trying to read between the lines. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Hemsky proved last night he doesn't need Spezza - in fact, he'd be better without him as he'd have the puck way more.

Ditch Spezza, Michalek, keep Hoffman, Stone, Lazar.
    Pretty safe to say keep Hoffman, Stone and Lazar and cut bait with Michalek. Haha. Those are the easy decisions. What about the harder other ones? Hemsky? Da Costa? Kassian? Anderson? Methot? Greening? Condra?

Surely you don't think the only moves this offseason will be to trade Spezza, let Michalek walk as a UFA and to qualify Hoffman? Stone and Lazar already have contracts so those are 2 pretty safe prospects you mentioned.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    And I'm also not saying I want Spezza moved, I just think he will be. If he isn't though, I expect Methot and Anderson will be. Chew on that one. Haha.
    lol hahahaha

I think Methot stays and so does Anderson. Lehner isn't ready just like Rask wasn't. In two years, Lehner will be a starter and dominate but I would caution Sens management against pushing him in the crease as THE guy any quicker than that. Methot has been rather serviceable and I would chalk up this year as somewhat of an underachievement of a pretty good hockey team and last year an overachievement of the same group. The truth is in the middle and with guys like Karlsson, Lehner, Turris, Methot AND Spezza around lol, they should figure to remain competitive at least. Not to mention talents like Ryan, Stone, Zibanejad and the list goes on. Sens are in a good sport to contend soon.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    lol hahahaha

I think Methot stays and so does Anderson. Lehner isn't ready just like Rask wasn't. In two years, Lehner will be a starter and dominate but I would caution Sens management against pushing him in the crease as THE guy any quicker than that. Methot has been rather serviceable and I would chalk up this year as somewhat of an underachievement of a pretty good hockey team and last year an overachievement of the same group. The truth is in the middle and with guys like Karlsson, Lehner, Turris, Methot AND Spezza around lol, they should figure to remain competitive at least. Not to mention talents like Ryan, Stone, Zibanejad and the list goes on. Sens are in a good sport to contend soon.
    I love Lehner, goalie of the Sens future and all, but you're right IMO, he hasn't shown me anything this season to say the Sens can give him the crease yet. Other than Reimer, I've never seen a goalie lose track of the puck, fail to cover and have as many lapses of concentration.

There are too many questions marks and/or outside influences combined with too many NHL-ready prospects for everyone to stay this offseason. Some changes need to be made to show accountability for this season. I've posted my predictions for the changes coming this offseason and am fully prepared to have none of them come to fruition.

Dobber Sports Genius

More help for the Bingo Sens as Hobey Baker nominee Ryan Dzingel has signed an ELC and will head to the AHL now. He's a 7th rounder from 2011 that has spent 3 years with Ohio State. He will forego his 4th and final year by signing this deal.

He is a prospect that is rising very fast through the Sens system as of late and had a great camp with the Sens this season.

His game was more complete this season as compared to previous years with Ohio State which has lead to increasing his offence - funny how that works. His first strides are world class and he was always a pass first player until this year when after 3 years of pleading from Buckeyes coaches he shot the puck more with instant success. He's hard on the forecheck for not being the biggest player.

Dobber Sports Genius

Elliotte Friedman on the Sens:

http://pmd.fan960.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3

- Karlsson can be a lot better.
    - Cowen and Wiercioch have taken steps back.
    - Long off season will help everyone.
    - Wouldn't be surprised if Spezza was traded. Like a marriage that has gone stale.

Dobber Sports Genius

http://the6thsens.com/2014-articles/...ds-rights.html

2012 - 6th rounder (166 overall) - Goalie Francois Brassard.

Things not mentioned in the linked article include:

As per the CBA - Re-entering the Draft

A player not signed by his NHL team within two years of being drafted can re-enter the draft, as long as he is 20 years old or younger at the time of the subsequent draft. Players over 20 become unrestricted free agents.

NCAA players are an exception: NHL teams retain the rights to a college player until 30 days after the player has left college.

A team that does not sign a first-round draft pick is awarded a compensatory pick in a future draft upon losing the rights to that player.

A player who has been drafted a second time cannot re-enter.

Dobber Sports Genius

Sens use their 4th and final callup to keep Pageau up for the remainder of the season.

Spezza is in tonight.

Dobber Sports Veteran

C'mon Karlsson, need you to do something tonight.......I'm in the finals and I need you even if the Sens are out of it!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    C'mon Karlsson, need you to do something tonight.......I'm in the finals and I need you even if the Sens are out of it!
    This is a stretch of 3 games of the worst hockey I can remember him playing lately. Rarely does he have back-to-back games of these kind of mistakes and lackadaisical play.

First game was Calgary and we were all ready for a big game against Carolina…didn't happen. Then we were sure it would come against the Islanders and it was even worse. No way does it go 4 game - to be continued...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Likewise. I've only owned him for a few weeks, but the last few games have stood out as being very underwhelming. The energy and intensity just haven't been there from him. The last game that I watched, one of the local colour guys was speculating the he could have a mild flu bug or something because he did not look like himself. I hope you are right about not having 4 down games in a row, hoping he comes out like gangbusters in a big rivalry game on CBC.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Genius

What would you think about this trade guys? Spezza, Lehner and Karlsson to LA for Quick, Kopitar and Doughty. I'd love to see it happen. Won't happen, just food for thought. Freidman mentioned on 690 montreal today that there is a possible disconnect between spezza and the sens, that his time has run out and that his relationship with the org has gone stale. I'd love to see Drew in an Ottawa jersey.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

No doubt in my mind spezza is dealt but lehner and karlsson are untouchable lol...also I'm not sure if your post was sarcasm or not,

there is no reason for Anderson and spezza to start the year as Sens next season

Dobber Sports Veteran

So Big Ev, what do you think the % chances are that Anderson gets moved? I've been eying Lehner as a sneaky end-of-season stash in hopes of a trade, but I haven't been following the Sens that closely outside of Karlsson.