Page 122 of 244 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Damn I love seeing Spezza get so excited! Playoffs, here we come! Thank you Oilers!
    Horrible backcheck by Spezza on the game winner.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    He did look like he was dogging it at the end, though he skated hard right after the turnover. Phillips shat the bed on the turnover. It's really too bad, the comeback was very exciting. I don't care that Nashville is out of the playoffs....scoring 3 in 10 minutes against Rinne and that defence is impressive.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Damn I love seeing Spezza get so excited! Playoffs, here we come! Thank you Oilers!
    Do you love Spezza coasting from the blue line on the back-check and costing you the OT goal?
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

He did look like he was dogging it at the end, though he skated hard right after the turnover. Phillips shat the bed on the turnover. It's really too bad, the comeback was very exciting. I don't care that Nashville is out of the playoffs....scoring 3 in 10 minutes against Rinne and that defence is impressive.
    LOL!!! Looked like he was dogging it at the end????? Take off those homer glasses my friend, that was brutal and Ovi-esque. He didn't take a stride after the blue line, and Jones had an easy tap-in because of it. Any that's your Captain, embarrassing.....
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wow anyone blaming Spezza on the OT goal is an A grade moron. That was a beer league play by Phillips, being the last man back and being completely unaware of his surroundings. Why did we sign this guy?
    10-team - 1yr, h2h Yahoo! - 2 Waiver pickups/week
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily starts: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2 UTIL, 2G, 6BE

C: B.Richards, Grabovski, MacKinnon, Kesler
    LW: Vanek(RW), Pacioretty,
    RW: Ovechkin, Iginla, Wheeler, Okposo, Neil
    D: Letang, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Crawford, Price, Pavelec
    IR: R. Nash

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    LOL!!! Looked like he was dogging it at the end????? Take off those homer glasses my friend, that was brutal and Ovi-esque. He didn't take a stride after the blue line, and Jones had an easy tap-in because of it. Any that's your Captain, embarrassing.....
    He did skate hard at the beginning. Watch the replay. Really don't see the reason for the "LOL". Yeah, I'd like him to skate harder at the end, perhaps he might have been able to prevent the rebound.

However, I also like the 3 points. If it wasn't for Spezza the game would not have even made it to OT.

I find it humorous that the focus is immediately on Spezza. Why not light up Phillips? Where was Karlsson on the backcheck?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

Dobber Sports Genius

Yes, it was.

Everything you said is basically the reason the Sens won't make the playoffs this season. I'm not just talking about this game against Nashville either. Your sequence of events happens way to often with the Senators.

Do you love Spezza coasting from the blue line on the back-check and costing you the OT goal?
    Nope.

Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by spanyon View Post
    Wow anyone blaming Spezza on the OT goal is an A grade moron. That was a beer league play by Phillips, being the last man back and being completely unaware of his surroundings. Why did we sign this guy?
    I'm not even sure why Phillips was on the ice in OT. It happens time and time again. Every defenceman knows when they are the last man as you said, and that was embarrassing. He handled the puck like a live grenade. But, I still think you need a vet on this defence going forward. Yes, they could've let Phillips walk and signed another vet to play with Ceci and the young blueline in Ottawa, but the contract is decent and Phillips minutes will be lowered when Cowen takes his first steps next season. Not happy with some of MacLean's decisions this season.

He did skate hard at the beginning. Watch the replay. Really don't see the reason for the "LOL". Yeah, I'd like him to skate harder at the end, perhaps he might have been able to prevent the rebound.

However, I also like the 3 points. If it wasn't for Spezza the game would not have even made it to OT.

I find it humorous that the focus is immediately on Spezza. Why not light up Phillips? Where was Karlsson on the backcheck?
    Spezza haters are Spezza haters. If you read some game day threads from last night, they are prime examples. They went from vocal to cowering in their turtle shell to finally picking on Spezza again on the final play. It's the nature of trying to follow the leadership that Alfie provided. They will always pick on Spezza. It's funny though, they say Spezza likes to win but doesn't hate to lose. They say Karlsson would be a better captain because that is a guy that hates to lose. But it was Karlsson that said he was ok with the losses to Edmonton and Calgary this week because they did some things right?!?! WHAT?!?! Those two losses were embarrassing.

I wished I lived in Ottawa and could go to more games and talk to actual Sens fans. That way I wouldn't have to spend time on Sens forums and read nonsense all the time. This is the only Sens forum where I don't have to read crap because it's more fantasy pool related.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm an optimist and I would take that bet. I will give you my season seats to Game 1 of the playoffs if they make it. If they miss, you owe me a case of beer. Those are good odds for you.

What do you say?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I'm an optimist and I would take that bet. I will give you my season seats to Game 1 of the playoffs if they make it. If they miss, you owe me a case of beer. Those are good odds for you.

What do you say?
    I live in Regina, so I may not be able to take you up on that. Perhaps if there were two games on a weekend I could fly out. How about this, if I can't make it in April, we could pick a time next season when they played 2 games close together. I could fly out for a weekend and catch the game, then get my own tickets for the second game. I will PM you tonight about this.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I'm not even sure why Phillips was on the ice in OT. It happens time and time again. Every defenceman knows when they are the last man as you said, and that was embarrassing. He handled the puck like a live grenade. But, I still think you need a vet on this defence going forward. Yes, they could've let Phillips walk and signed another vet to play with Ceci and the young blueline in Ottawa, but the contract is decent and Phillips minutes will be lowered when Cowen takes his first steps next season. Not happy with some of MacLean's decisions this season.
    Phillips was probably on the ice because they were short a dman, because of the injury to Ceci.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

I live in Regina, so I may not be able to take you up on that. Perhaps if there were two games on a weekend I could fly out. How about this, if I can't make it in April, we could pick a time next season when they played 2 games close together. I could fly out for a weekend and catch the game, then get my own tickets for the second game. I will PM you tonight about this.
    One playoff game is like 2 regular season games, so I will still take that bet and I will pay for both regular season games. If the Sens make the playoffs this season, you just get your ass to Ottawa next season and I will gladly give you 2 games for winning this bet.

Dobber Sports Genius

Phillips was probably on the ice because they were short a dman, because of the injury to Ceci.
    Don't bring correct rationale into my posts please.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Notch,

It looks like I'll need to get you that case of beer...

Dobber Sports Stud

Notch,

While a case of beer is always enjoyable, I feel as if this one may have a bitter taste to it!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Genius

Notch,

You never officially agreed to the bet. I was all in, but you never actually accepted. If you want to be a man of your intentions, email me the cash and I will donate the case to my mens league team. Thanks. notch4077 (at) me.com

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    While a case of beer is always enjoyable, I feel as if this one may have a bitter taste to it!
    I didn't say he could buy me a case of Lucky Lager. The beer will go down as smooth as Karlsson's stride. Not bitter like Spezza or Kassian's.