Page 118 of 244 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Well it sure is a good thing that the Sens didn't hypothetically trade Spezza for E. Kane, Bogozian and a top 5 pick... Man, that hypothetical deal would have set the Sens back years... hypothetically.

Well, at least you are sticking to your guns Ev.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Well it sure is a good thing that the Sens didn't hypothetically trade Spezza for E. Kane, Bogozian and a top 5 pick... Man, that hypothetical deal would have set the Sens back years... hypothetically.

Well, at least you are sticking to your guns Ev.
    This isn't the Pietrangelo thread.

Banned

and no still wouldn't want anything to do with Evander Kane regardless of his play.

by the way, I remember that now. The Sens did not have Kyle Turris when that discussion was ongoing. Completely different situation now .
    Last edited by Big Ev; November 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM.

Dobber Sports Star

keep Conacher or cut bait?

Can't tell if he is a keeper or a never will be
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    keep Conacher or cut bait?

Can't tell if he is a keeper or a never will be
    He's not much of an offensive player.

Super Moderator

19 shots in the 1st period again? What's going on here, it's been a while since I've seen a Sens game and this isn't what I'm used to. Anderson is being hung out to dry. Is it just the D or other things I'm missing?
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Banned

Team banked on Cowen and Wiercioch being ready for big minutes (as I would have as well), but obviously they are not.

Team D and effort are lacking, mainly because the leadership group sucks. Highly doubtful Spezza is re-signed at this rate, and Chris Neil is done.

Team needs some changes and fast...I'm sure they know it.

The three guys with letters are clearly on the downswing and it's Turris', Ryan, Karlsson's, etc. team now.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Team banked on Cowen and Wiercioch being ready for big minutes (as I would have as well), but obviously they are not.

Team D and effort are lacking, mainly because the leadership group sucks. Highly doubtful Spezza is re-signed at this rate, and Chris Neil is done.

Team needs some changes and fast...I'm sure they know it.

The three guys with letters are clearly on the downswing and it's Turris', Ryan, Karlsson's, etc. team now.
    One thing you hit the nail on the head is Turris. He's just great in all 3 zones and I from what I see the only pressure is when his line is on the ice.

I know this will be Lehner's team but with the goalie market being hard right now, do you think they could get any serious player for Anderson? Or you think they'll wait for the off-season to move him?
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    One thing you hit the nail on the head is Turris. He's just great in all 3 zones and I from what I see the only pressure is when his line is on the ice.

I know this will be Lehner's team but with the goalie market being hard right now, do you think they could get any serious player for Anderson? Or you think they'll wait for the off-season to move him?
    I don't know if they would get anything substantial for him, but it makes sense to look into dealing him even now since he makes more money than Lehner and his value is still pretty good.

They were rumoured to be in talks with Florida, and Anderson for them would make a lot of sense since he and his family live there and they could use some more help in net. A D like Gudbranson (Ottawa boy) or Kulikov (or even Campbell although unlikely) would make sense coming back. But the person (Kirk Luedeke or whatever his name is) was saying they may have been talking about a forward like Shore or Bjugstad...I would deal Anderson if we could get Bjugstad plus a D or something.

Banned

I like this Turris on the left point on the PP as was suggested I believe by Notch earlier this season.

Dobber Sports Genius

Bobby Ryan, 2 points on 6 shots, a BEAST today.

oh yeah, EK, 2 points and 8 shots....no slouch either.

Anderson injured on hit from young Russian driving to net.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

that's not from the point nor would he be good on the point. Need a guy with a bomb which he does not possess
    Turris has no one-timer. Get over it.
    I like this Turris on the left point on the PP as was suggested I believe by Notch earlier this season.
    I finally got one right. It's funny, I was looking for the first two quotes of yours this morning.

Sens have been nothing like what i expected this year, so I will take anything I can get at this point.
    Last edited by notch4077; November 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Really hoping the PP line they had out there today sticks. EK, Ryan, Spezza, Turris are by far their best offensive players right now and I think they should load up PP1 and give them 2/3rds of the PP time if possible.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Banned

I think MacArthur is better offensively than Spezza right now but he is also on PP1, so a moot point.

The Great One

Man Neil has really lost a step. I thought signing him at just under 2M was really great value at the time, but another 2+ years at 1.9M, on an internal cap team, is pretty bad.

I saw this go unanswered earlier, and I'm curious too, what is Turris' updated projection in points this year?