Page 117 of 244 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 127 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The Sens are a decent young team, but have some real issues that were potentially masked by playing such a weak set of teams last season.
    I think part of it was that Anderson (as well as Lehner and Bishop) was so great last year, that there was no way he was going to repeat that. He was due for a regression of some type, and he's starting to come back to his average stats.

The team was 27th-ish in goals for, but second in goals against. This year, they're scoring more, but letting more in too.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

That's a good point as well. They still look like a dangerous team and I wonder if they'll get a chance to gain some confidence by chewing through some of the bottom feeders. I have not looked at their schedule so I'm not sure when that might be,

Dobber Sports Padawan

I can listen to Shawn Simpson some times and other times I cannot. He talks pretty fast. He's been on the management side of things for a couple teams, but teams that really went nowhere, so I find it hard to trust his opinion completely. Then again, it is only his opinion.

Like you Big Ev, I was hoping to see the team start to trend towards being a team that pushes the pace all over the ice and in all three zones, but I find there is a lack of work ethic going on right now.

Doulos is right, their schedule was horrendous to start the year, basically against all of the best western teams there are, but at the same time, I am disappointed that the Sens didn't seem to measure up very well.

Not even one win.

So now I am like, "what team do we have here now?".

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Banned

You're right. But it's really great that we don't have to go on the California trip ever again this year. It sucks to start on that trip to begin the year. Never got our game rolling and our confidence isn't there yet

I think some guys just need a healthy scratch to get them watching a game or two. Greening, Cowen, Condra are three that come to mind.

Another thing is that we don't have the same Chris Neil anymore. He was a big part of the team when he was faster, nastier. He has lost a step and doesn't energize the team as much.

I think Phillips has been good but obviously he is a bit slower as time goes on.

I know we have a good team. It will click one day. Keep the faith!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I am definitely not hitting the panic button yet, unlike a lot of the Sens Army who are, ha ha. I still have faith they will turn a corner sooner rather than later.

But my over analytical mind starts turning when I hear different opinions about the situation. Shawn Simpson says speed if a factor, yet I never hear Jason York or Pierre McGuire (love him or hate him) say that at all.

I actually expected (and wanted) them to fare decently on the western road trip, but when it's 2-0 before the game is five minutes old (in almost all of the games), you start to think something is amiss.

Speed? Work ethic? Getting used to no Alfredsson? Combination of all?

I am still in the corner of work ethic not being there and agree there should probably be some benchings in the near future.

We (or the Sens rather) also have to realize they aren't a surprise to the other teams anymore. Other teams are getting up to play Ottawa and Ottawa should be ready for that.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Initiate

43 shots after 2 periods....wtf is going on?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    43 shots after 2 periods....wtf is going on?
    53 after 3... Double what the sens managed... Lucky they're got into OT.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Banned

Turris is the team's best centre. Not even an argument right now.

I don't think they were too bad tonight (shots don't mean everything) but a trade of some sort will be coming shortly.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ev, you know I love your positivity, but giving up over 50(!) shots is flipping ridiculous.

I love Neil as much as any Sens fan, but he does not belong on the top line. Defence looks pretty bad, Cowen especially looks like he needs some work. At home against the Islanders after a tough October...these are the kind of games you just have to win. Lehner is ridiculously good and he deserves better than his win/loss record. I don't even want to think about where this team would be without him and Andy.

Turris does look great though...(I am kicking myself for drafting both Bozak and Weiss ahead of him...d'oh!) As for a trade...what do you think the team will be going after? Melnyk may want to try to shed some salary....so perhaps a vet for some prospects?

Incidentally...this might be nitpicky, but I would have rather seen Turris or Z in a shoot out over MM.
    Last edited by Achilles; November 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

I'm not saying they don't need some changes. I think Cowen will get better as the season goes along. Thought he was good tonight.

You're right that Neil doesn't belong on the top line. But he wasn't on it tonight. KT"s line is the top line in Ottawa.

As for a trade, I would dangle the biggest piece we had Anderson, and I would dangle Wiercioch, Chris Neil, Colin Greening, Milan Michalek. Wayned Simmonds would be the best add at this time IMO.

I wouldn't deal a vet for prospects (unless these are rookies playing right now who we know will be good). We don't need any. I would only trade for proven players, and guys who are speedy and provide toughness/jam.

As for that Florida rumour earlier I could see them wanting Bjugstad and/or Gudbranson

Banned

Spezza was the only choice for the C but he is definitely not the answer. Neither was #11. If the team really wants to contend, the old guard will need to go. This is Turris, Karlsson Methot, Ryan, Zibanejad, and Lehner's team now. The changing of the guard.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Turris is sitting on my wire right now and he's looking awfully tempting.

Any chance he posts 70 this year?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Turris is sitting on my wire right now and he's looking awfully tempting.

Any chance he posts 70 this year?
    In a 12-team? Jeez.

Edit: Nevermind. I see you have some pretty tight rosters there.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Sens were also out shot so badly because The Isles shoot a tonne when they are on the PP.

Ottawa doesn't shoot at all on the PP. They pass way too much, trying to get that pretty goal. So frustrating....

The bigger problem is they can't get out of their own end. They lost almost every battle for the puck last night in their own end. Absolutely no physicality (except for Methot) on the blue line right now.

They aren't too bad in the offensive zone, but still need a lot more physicality there as well.

The Sens have got to work on something or make a move for some physical presences, because they are way too easy to play against.

Three games now, where they've had two goal leads erased (against Toronto, Chicago and The Islanders). Those should have been three for the win column.

Banned

Cowen is still physical. Gotta be patient with him and let him work on his game. Can't believe he didn't take the long-term offer, though.

Borowiecki was called up which adds some toughness to the back-end.

They just need to keep the puck in the offensive zone, which will lead to less shots against and better team D. This rests on #19 as his line has been dominated in mostly every game. Starts with him winning draws as well.