Page 116 of 244 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I just don't see us winning a Cup with him (Spezza)
    I've said this since forever.

Dobber Sports Icon

I liked Zibanejad on the wing
    i didnt see any of the game..did he play the entrire game on the wing? this is really what needs to happen, hes not a third or 4th line player.

I'd like to see them try Zibanejad with Spezza and keep Ryan with Turris next game.
    ...yes, Ryan, Turris, MacA are very good together, leave that as is and move Zib to the wing with Spezz and anybody else but MM.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    i didnt see any of the game..did he play the entrire game on the wing? this is really what needs to happen, hes not a third or 4th line player.

...yes, Ryan, Turris, MacA are very good together, leave that as is and move Zib to the wing with Spezz and anybody else but MM.
    He can play 3rd line C if we needed it. But yes he was a winger the whole game. He had 5 shots as well. When he plays the wing he becomes like Ovechkin lite.

Ryan needs to play with Turris. So yes put Zibby with Spezza.

Dump Michalek to Edmonton or Philly.

The Great One

I think Spezza would be the perfect #2 center.

If Turris can take over and force top opposing d minutes, I like Ottawa a lot more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

If Turris can take over and force top opposing d minutes, I like Ottawa a lot more.
    Either way, pressure gets taken off one guy. They are a good one-two punch to have.

The Great One

I agree, but have never been convinced Spezza can lead a team to a Stanley Cup.

We'll see.

Dobber Sports Guru

On to to Sens, I am confident that Kyle Turris is the team's best centre. He is insanely good in all three zones and every player who plays with him gains confidence and impoves their play. Whoever plays on Spezza's line is absolutely brutal and gets hemmed in the zone for the majority of the game.
    Turris is reminding me somewhat of Plekanec. A 50-60 point guy who can get to 70 once in a while, should probably be a second-line centre, strong defensively, could be better on the facoffs, etc. Even the height and weight is pretty close. More offensive upside in Turris though.

I used to say that about Joe Thornton for years, especially in the playoffs. Although Jumbo Joe changed my mind in the past couple of seasons.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

I agree, but have never been convinced Spezza can lead a team to a Stanley Cup.

We'll see.
    Well #11 couldn't either. Guy got too much praise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Turris is reminding me somewhat of Plekanec. A 50-60 point guy who can get to 70 once in a while, should probably be a second-line centre, strong defensively, could be better on the facoffs, etc. Even the height and weight is pretty close. More offensive upside in Turris though.
    I think he is becoming like Patrice Bergeron.

Very promising because he's not just playing well, he has usually been the best player on the ice at least in more games than not.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think he is becoming like Patrice Bergeron.

Very promising because he's not just playing well, he has usually been the best player on the ice at least in more games than not.
    The only thing keeping me from comparing him to Bergeron is his faceoffs. He has a 44.5 per cent this year, has been under .500 in eight games this year, last year he was around 43 per cent.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    The only thing keeping me from comparing him to Bergeron is his faceoffs. He has a 44.5 per cent this year, has been under .500 in eight games this year, last year he was around 43 per cent.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that Bergeron is the king of faceoffs. You are spot on.

Anyways it is definitely promising to see his play in all 3 zones this year. I think last year playing #1 minutes was huge for his development.

What was Phoenix doing with him? Lord.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Alright;

This has been on my mind for awhile.

Anybody who listens to TSN 1200 knows who Shawn Simpson is.

One thing he keeps saying is, is that this team is more or less too slow to keep up with a lot of the other teams now. Especially getting out of their own end.

This team is still a young, developing team, and I don't want to buy into a possibility of them being too slow to keep up, but rather, I think it is just an effort and physical level that is lacking right now.

To me, I just don't see the "Pesky Sens" we've become accustomed to from the last two years out there right now.

What does everyone think?

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Could is be as simple as they are getting killed by Western Conference teams? Look at the records of the East vs West - if you remove the Oilers the bottom 8 teams would all be coming from the Eastern Cnference.

The Sens are a decent young team, but have some real issues that were potentially masked by playing such a weak set of teams last season.

I imagine once they start wading through the bottom half of the Eastern Conference again they will start to look a lot better.

Just a theory and I could be offbase, but there's some strange stuff going on in the league right now.

Banned

I don't see the Pesky Sens either but I didn't really want to this year. I thought it was time to get rid of that and become the team who forces the play, not just a team who comes from behind and outwork players. I still want effort but I would like them to outscore and out-defend the other team with elite play. The Pesky Sens basically had the mentality that they weren't as good as other teams and that they needed to fall behind first before ramping it up.

They could be a lot faster but I think they have plenty of speed, except for the Spezza line.

I think they just need one veteran mobile D on the back-end to help with the transition game. And maybe just one more forward who is a bitch to play against like Steve Ott who I brought up earlier.

So far they have played like it would all be gravy after getting their stars back + Bobby Ryan. But I saw a ton of good signs last game even though 6 goals were allowed. The 3rd line really stepped up especially.

The D is the biggest problem. Address that and all should be good.

I just think that this isn't the true reality of this club given the fact we have lost to: San Jose (x2), Anaheim (x2), Chicago, LA, Toronto, and Edmonton. I would have liked to win those games obviously but that is a tough, tough October. Luckily we face the NYI, DAL, CB, MTL, PHI next and have a big homestand coming up.

We need to see more in-conference games before deciding if big changes (or small) need to be made IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jL67s View Post

Anybody who listens to TSN 1200 knows who Shawn Simpson is.

What's your opinion on him, btw? Personally can't listen to him for more than a couple of minutes.