Page 105 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    And so it begins...

Zibanejad is on the wing today with Turris and MacArther.

Pageau created this! Haha.
    i dont see how this playsout OTHER than Zib playing a wing, JGP is just too good not to playy on this roster and theres no way that either of these two play 4L minutes. i know sens brass has said many times that Zib will be a 3C but i just dont see that sticking with the way JGP has played.

Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part though...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

It is what it is. It's only a split-squad scrimmage so some players are going to be be moved out of their normal position to fill gaps.

But yes, I mentioned Pageau because in the end, he finds a spot on this team.

ZBad on wing does make the puzzle easier to complete.

Dobber Sports Expert

These are the lines and D pairings on ice this am from Sens main camp this am (courtesy of Garrioch):

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan MacArthur-Turris-Conacher Smith-Pageau-Condra Greening-Zibanejad-Neil Stone-O'Brien-Hoffman Petersson-Da Costa-Kassian

Zibanejad has returned to centre and Conacher is on the wing on 2nd line with Turris and MacArthur. No surprises. #Sens

Phillips-Ceci, Methot-Karlsson, Borowiecki-Corvo, Cowen-Wiercioch are the d pairings. #Sens #ottnews
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Guru

Hey guys, I wanted some thoughts on Wiercioch's production this year. Dobber still has him at 29 pts, but he has him as being on the "second PP unit". By my recollection, at the end of last season and some of this preseason, he was playing on the first unit with Karlsson wasn't he? If that is the case and he sticks there what do you think is a reasonable projection? Can he hit 35 pts?

He is available in the league in my sig and I have three available roster spots to fill for backups and prospects.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Hey guys, I wanted some thoughts on Wiercioch's production this year. Dobber still has him at 29 pts, but he has him as being on the "second PP unit". By my recollection, at the end of last season and some of this preseason, he was playing on the first unit with Karlsson wasn't he? If that is the case and he sticks there what do you think is a reasonable projection? Can he hit 35 pts?

He is available in the league in my sig and I have three available roster spots to fill for backups and prospects.
    Wiercioch was severely underrated in some projections I saw in one of the ramblings about a month ago. I said my piece in the comments section. The guide came out shortly after and they upped their estimates for him. He is still too low in my opinion.

Wiercioch has underrated passing and gets his shots through. He and Karlsson are going to be good on the 1st PP. 35-40 points is my guess. The Sens losing Gonchar won't hurt at all (stats-wise) because of Wiercioch's talents on offence.

Dobber Sports Genius

The Sens are gonna break everyone's heart when they send Pageau down to Bingo soon.

He'll be back.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post

Grab him up ASAP. I think he's a lock for 35-40 points provided he sticks on the first PP unit. The other upside to him that many underestimate is his 1st pass ability and his vision on the point. Although much of his contribution last year was on the PP, as he begins to play more at even strength, I bet you'll see him putting up a few more assists at even strength as well.

Good luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Grab him up ASAP. I think he's a lock for 35-40 points provided he sticks on the first PP unit. The other upside to him that many underestimate is his 1st pass ability and his vision on the point. Although much of his contribution last year was on the PP, as he begins to play more at even strength, I bet you'll see him putting up a few more assists at even strength as well.

Good luck!
    Yup, I agree. I think I tried to say the exact same thing.

He's made some unreal passes in tonight's game so far. Everyone who has never seen him play has no clue about his skills and potential. 35 points is a lock.

Dobber Sports Expert

I had the pleasure of coaching him on ice for 3 + years. He made some plays as a 15 year old kid that guys playing Major Jr at the time couldn't even think of. If he can master playing the right side, you Ottawa fans are going to have a real exciting year from the kids.

Banned

Wiercioch's passes are buttery smooth and he has improved a lot in his own zone and physically. Reminds me of Wade Redden from years back.

With Da Costa and Hoffman and Conacher all needing waivers, there is a big log jam. All these players are locks:

Spezza
    Ryan
    Michalek
    Turris
    MacArthur
    Pageau
    Zibanejad
    Condra
    Smith
    Neil
    Greening
    edit: Conacher (wouldn't be a lock if he was waiver exempt)

Then you have these guys vying for 1 spot. We'll see what we have in Hoffman coming up but I would guess he is sent down (waived).

Hoffman
    Da Costa
    edit: and Stone
    ---
    Kassian (not needed)
    O'Brien (done)

All in all this is great depth. This will be Michalek's last year most likely and they have the means to replace him.
    Last edited by Big Ev; September 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

To all my Ottawa Sens Buddies...

Sorry if this has already been answered earlier, I don't follow this thread all that closely. BUT...

As a Karlsson owner, I'm interested in who you guys think will line up with him on the 1st pairing this season.

Thanks guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    To all my Ottawa Sens Buddies...

Sorry if this has already been answered earlier, I don't follow this thread all that closely. BUT...

As a Karlsson owner, I'm interested in who you guys think will line up with him on the 1st pairing this season.

Thanks guys.
    Methot is his partner

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Twas what I thought. Heard rumours of Wiercoch.

Thanks BIG E!

I smell whatcha cook'n BTW!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Twas what I thought. Heard rumours of Wiercoch.

Thanks BIG E!

I smell whatcha cook'n BTW!
    I believe it's a pair of 6'5" D men playing together in Wiercioch and Cowen.

Wiercioch is seeing PP1 duty with EK.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    I believe it's a pair of 6'5" D men playing together in Wiercioch and Cowen.

Wiercioch is seeing PP1 duty with EK.
    Yes.

Methot-Karlsson
    Cowen-Wiercioch
    Phillips-Corvo/Gryba