Page 104 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Haha. Oh god, didnt know the conversation about Turris' one-timer was about him on the point. Yeah, no.

Sens played tonight against Winnipeg's team full of AHLers and hear me out here, the two Ottawa whipping boys, Corvo and O'Brien looked very good.

Sens won 3-1. Big Buddy Robinson, Ryan and Michalek with the goals!

Can the Sens go undefeated thoughout the preseason and regular season? Haha.
    Turris has no one-timer. Get over it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm going to see them tomorrow in Saskatoon and I am very excited. I hope they play Bobby Ryan and Zibanejad...I haven't seen either in person yet.

I'm trying to temper my expectations for ZBad this year, but after seeing what he did last year at 19, I can't help but expect big things from him long term. Great offensive skill, physical, fantastic one-timer...I honestly can't see him as a 3rd line C for too long. It would be nice if he and Turris could both find a top 6 role while Spezza is healthy.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    I'm going to see them tomorrow in Saskatoon and I am very excited. I hope they play Bobby Ryan and Zibanejad...I haven't seen either in person yet.

I'm trying to temper my expectations for ZBad this year, but after seeing what he did last year at 19, I can't help but expect big things from him long term. Great offensive skill, physical, fantastic one-timer...I honestly can't see him as a 3rd line C for too long. It would be nice if he and Turris could both find a top 6 role while Spezza is healthy.
    I'd say don't look at the number too much (3C). They will roll 3 scoring lines. Can't move him to wing at this point if he's not comfortable, and centres are more important.

Dobber Sports Genius

And Buddy Robinson opens the scoring for the Sens for the 2nd straight game. Shorthanded.

It's gonna be interesting to see how far the 6'5" 232 pounder can push for a spot. Love free assets. All hail Bryan Murray.

O'Brien with another assist.

Dobber Sports Initiate

No 1st line players and no Mika. Most definitely the last time I ever drive 200+ kilometres to see a preseason "NHL" game. Some observations:

1. Robinson looks ridiculously big, especially on a line with Conacher. Conacher has pretty slick hands, but it concerned me that he didn't get a shift with Turris and MacArthur. I know it's only one game, but still. Notch, who was he playing with last game?

2. Hoffman looks pretty damn good. I thought he was the best forward out there.

3. I barely noticed Ceci at all.

4. I'm not sure what pissed McGratton off so much, but after his fight the rest of the second period was a chippy gong-show.

5. Calgary had Baertschi, Monahan, Backlund, and Reinhart playing and Ottawa beat them handily...that has to worry if you if you're a Flames fan.

6. There are, to my surprise, a ton of Senators fans in Sask. I expected most of the crowd to be rooting for Calgary, but I'd say the building was 50/50.

7. Jared Cowen was signing autographs between the 2nd and 3rd. I sure hope he's happy with his contract and comes to play this year.

Seeing the Islanders in my home town tomorrow. I sure hope I get to see Tavares, but I won't hold my breath.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    No 1st line players and no Mika. Most definitely the last time I ever drive 200+ kilometres to see a preseason "NHL" game. Some observations:

1. Robinson looks ridiculously big, especially on a line with Conacher. Conacher has pretty slick hands, but it concerned me that he didn't get a shift with Turris and MacArthur. I know it's only one game, but still. Notch, who was he playing with last game?

2. Hoffman looks pretty damn good. I thought he was the best forward out there.

3. I barely noticed Ceci at all.

4. I'm not sure what pissed McGratton off so much, but after his fight the rest of the second period was a chippy gong-show.

5. Calgary had Baertschi, Monahan, Backlund, and Reinhart playing and Ottawa beat them handily...that has to worry if you if you're a Flames fan.

6. There are, to my surprise, a ton of Senators fans in Sask. I expected most of the crowd to be rooting for Calgary, but I'd say the building was 50/50.

7. Jared Cowen was signing autographs between the 2nd and 3rd. I sure hope he's happy with his contract and comes to play this year.

Seeing the Islanders in my home town tomorrow. I sure hope I get to see Tavares, but I won't hold my breath.
    Thanks for the live recap which is always better than watching on TV or highlights.

Just wanted to answer your question quickly. Conacher was with Da Costa and Stone against Winnipeg.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Notch, is there anyway for you to get Conacher's ear? I would love to see if he might be willing to contribute to the Cambodia Diabetes Association in a non-financial way.

Dobber Sports Genius

All I can do is when I have my season ticket holder meet and greet that is coming up, I can slide him some information on your cause. Can I you email me what you would like him to read and I will do my best to pass it off to him.

No promises, but I will try.

Twitter campaigns are useless for this sort of thing in my opinion, so I hope I can do it in person.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Notch, is there anyway for you to get Conacher's ear? I would love to see if he might be willing to contribute to the Cambodia Diabetes Association in a non-financial way.
    You are probably best to get hold of his agent for this sorta thing.

Dobber Sports Genius

Sens 1st rounder this year Curtis Lazar has just signed his entry-level contract.

Expect the contract to slide as he leads the Edmonton Oil Kings all year playing in every key situation.

Dobber Sports Genius

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=682887

Sens make their first round of cuts and release 4 players.

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators announced today they have reduced their training camp roster by four players, re-assigning defenceman Ben Harpur, forward Vincent Dunn and goaltenders François Brassard and Chris Driedger to their junior teams.

Harpur will return to the Ontario Hockey League’s Guelph Storm, while Driedger will join the Western Hockey League’s Calgary Hitmen. Dunn and Brassard will return to their Quebec Major Junior Hockey League clubs, the Gatineau Olympiques and Quebec Remparts, respectively.

The Senators training camp roster is now comprised of 52 players: Five goaltenders, 16 defencemen and 31 forwards.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Can't wait to get my first glimpse of The Sens new big line tonight!

Also want to see to see Zibby, Claesson, Pageau, Prince and Petersson.

Glad the game is on TSN!

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jL67s View Post
    Can't wait to get my first glimpse of The Sens new big line tonight!

Also want to see to see Zibby, Claesson, Pageau, Prince and Petersson.

Glad the game is on TSN!
    Mostly all theses guys were excellent. Petersson still soft but he is just so fast and skilled. Hopefully he stays healthy and tears it up in Binghamton. Zibanejad's offense has progressed very well over the last couple of years. Greening and Neil are pretty awful linemates for offense but that's who he will have to play with right now, most likely.

Pageau is just unreal. Not only will he make the team, but he will be one of their better players and might challenge for the Calder.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Mostly all theses guys were excellent. Petersson still soft but he is just so fast and skilled. Hopefully he stays healthy and tears it up in Binghamton. Zibanejad's offense has progressed very well over the last couple of years. Greening and Neil are pretty awful linemates for offense but that's who he will have to play with right now, most likely.

Pageau is just unreal. Not only will he make the team, but he will be one of their better players and might challenge for the Calder.
    Haha. Not sure what you mean by challenge, but either way, haha. Where he is going to get the minutes needed to make a push at that trophy?

Dobber Sports Genius

And so it begins...

Zibanejad is on the wing today with Turris and MacArther.

Pageau created this! Haha.