Page 100 of 244 FirstFirst ... 50 90 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Did anyone else notice his new shorter haircut????
    Last edited by Call of Doughty; August 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Your avatar is very fitting right now. Go to bed, it's past your bedtime.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Lip service IMO. No chance Bobby Ryan plays anywhere other than with Spezza. And you can count on Bobby Ryan sandbagging when he lines up with Turris and Zibanejad in practice now. Haha.
    Why does he bother with lip service? Lip servicing Turris or Zibanejad? To what purpose? I don't see it as an impossibility that Ryan plays with someone other than Spezza. Of course chances are Ryan has the best chemistry with the best center.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Just makes everyone work harder in general. If he says everything is set in stone, what's left for everyone else to fight for. Just creating competition with careful wording I think. Who knows though?

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the feedback on Stone, not that it mad emy decision any easier
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Monster

#Sens prospect. RT @AttackOHL Jarrod Maidens has returned home after suffering from recurring concussion symptoms. No timetable for return

Dobber Sports Genius

F***! His career is over.

I guess him being my avatar the last 3 months didn't help him at all. Useless avatar.

Banned

Premature to say his career is over.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Premature to say his career is over.
    Not in my mind it's not.

Dobber Sports Icon

what are the chances JCowen gets a deal before the season starts?

sure would hate to see him sit out because of this
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post

sure would hate to see him sit out because of this
    I think they'll get it done, but it's on him and his agent at this point

Dobber Sports Guru

50-50. He either signs or he doesn't.

I think they'll agree on a deal before the season, probably something neither side is happy with.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I think they'll get it done, but it's on him and his agent at this point
    ..ya i guess it is hey. but it odesnt sound like its gonna get done any time soon
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...tiations-drag/

50-50. He either signs or he doesn't.

I think they'll agree on a deal before the season, probably something neither side is happy with.
    haha probly, thats how it goes when your that far apart.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Banned

..ya i guess it is hey. but it odesnt sound like its gonna get done any time soon
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...tiations-drag/

haha probly, thats how it goes when your that far apart.
    I just think unlike a guy like Kadri who won't shut up, Cowen is staying quiet and wants to get something done. He can't afford to miss camp.

Dallas' ex assistant GM was on the Team 1200 the other day and said that a contract should be decently easy to get done if a team offers you a long-term deal like Ottawa did.

I'm confident Cowen won't want to miss training camp, and a 4-5 year deal will be signed. Cowen isn't the type to holdout, nor does he have any leverage to do so. He is a 2nd-3rd pairing D with 90 games played with 2 serious injuries. He should take a 6 year deal at about $4 million per.

Dobber Sports Genius

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa in London, Ontario at the Budweiser Gardens
    Final Score – Ottawa 4-1
    Best Player on the Ice – Tie. Sens forwards: Derek Grant and Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Let’s talk about Pageau first. If you watched the 1st round matchup in last year’s playoffs between the first-seeded Montreal Canadiens and the eighth-seeded Senators, you already know who Jean-Gabriel Pageau (JGP) is, that is a 5’9”, 172 lbs, 20 year old that isn’t afraid of anything. He got a hat trick in Game 3 and had the arena formerly known as ScotiaBank Place chanting his name. Well, in this game, if the attendance wasn’t only 200, you may have heard his name been cheered again. He recorded a goal off a rebound on a shot from the point, but he did all the little things right again and that is what kept him in the Sens lineup for 9 regular season games and all 10 playoff games. I don’t know if he even lost a faceoff yesterday. He carried the top line with Shane Prince (more on him later) and 2013 1st rounder Curtis Lazar. Pageau has been marketed this offseason by the Sens as an NHLer, but his two-way contract will make things interesting. His future is in the NHL, that is a guarantee - 70 point upside. St. Louis-lite, same as every small player with potential gets named. Had an A on his jersey.

Derek Grant – Wore the C for the Sens rookie squad. Listed at 6’3” and 203 lbs, this 23 year-old put on some size in the offseason. A PK wizard, Grant scored two goals yesterday at center between Matt Puempel and Andre Petersson. Again, he won the majority of his faceoffs, especially the key ones in the defensive zone on the PK. He was a fixture on the penalty kill and led by example blocking shots and getting the puck out. Left in the 3rd period after one of those blocked shots got him in the hand. UPDATE* X-Rays were negative. He is a smart, 200 foot workhorse that coaches love. Grant should see some NHL action this year and is the perfect 4th line center. Too bad Zack Smith is ahead of him and there right now. Pageau has the leg up on him as well.

The Sens are dealing with a big numbers game right now with so many players ready to make the jump and so few spots available.

Did anybody show they were NHL ready? Yes, Pageau and Grant. Grant impressed me just because he plays his role so well.

I was asked to watch certain players from some Dobberhockey members:

Pittsburgh’s Matia Marcantuoni:
    He was playing center and is listed at 6’0”, 197 lbs. I tried to notice this 4th round pick in 2012. He played for the Kitchener Rangers last season scoring 7 goals and 18 assists in 64 games. He was fast, played the PK, didn’t have much luck in the circle, took some shifts off in the first period and missed some shifts in the 2nd. He came out in the 3rd and finished more of his hits, but he never stood out in any way.

Senators Ludwig Karlsson:
    The college free agent signed with Ottawa this offseason out of Northeastern. He is 22 years old and listed at 6’3”, 200 pounds. His center was Professional Tryout Danny Hobbs with Cole Schneider on the other wing. He seemed overwhelmed. Schneider made a nice play to set him up in the slot in the 2nd period and Karlsson took too much time and ended up not getting his quality scoring chance off. I think he was surprised by the pace, even though the pace was slow being the first game of the tourney. I will have two more chances to watch him, that is if he plays both remaining games – he may because he is one of the lesser-knowns to Sens brass.

Sens Cody Ceci:
    The 15th overall pick in the 2012 NHL draft, Ceci had a down and up year last season. He started the year with the horrid 67’s in the OHL before being traded to top team Owen Sound where he started to look more like the player the Sens felt like they drafted. After being eliminated in the OHL playoffs, Ceci finished the year in the AHL for Binghamton where he was one of their best defencemen in the playoffs. In yesterday’s game, he was paired with the hard-working, defensive Dman Fredrik Claesson. Ceci looked good, but I wanted more. He got his point shots through and they were nice and low; made good breakout passes and entered the zone with speed on occasion; he had very good gap control, but something left me underwhelmed. After reading that, I guess I just wanted to see flash in his game, but he has never been about that so I’m looking for something that will never be there. Solid game for him.

Ottawa Senator Buddy Robinson:
    At 6’5” and topping the charts at 232, this 21 year old was signed as a college free agent out of Lake Superior State. He played in Binghamton for a short time last season and is starting to turn some heads in the organization. Yesterday he played with tough guy Darren Kramer and Wacey Hamilton. Robinson pressures the puck well, has some speed for his size and used it to create a couple odd man rushes. I didn’t like his choices with the puck in those circumstances and I wished he used his size to shield the puck more, but he did create chances. Decision making and knowing how to use his frame at the pro level will come hopefully. He took a double minor for highsticking and that led to the Pens only goal as they scored 2:06 into the 4:00 penalty. He spent time on the top line with Pageau and Lazar when Prince was in the box for being a boss. Overall, I can see what the Sens like in him, but this wasn’t his greatest showcase.

Other players I need to mention:
    Do the Penguins have themselves another Matt Cooke? Yes and no. He goes by the name of Bobby Farnham. Farnham split time between the ECHL and AHL last year. I shouldn’t sell Matt Cooke short but the comparisons are there. Matt Cooke can play the game, this Farnham guy can’t. All this 5’10”, 180 pound, 24 year old does is finish checks ((doesn’t matter if they are 5 seconds late, (which led to Sens Michael Sdao jumping off the bench and getting ejected)), cause havoc and chirp all game. He fought twice in the game. The first time he got beat up by Sens tough guy and peanut butter jar making Darren Kramer and next by skilled, non-fighter Shane Prince. That’s all I want to spend on that plug - Bobby Farnham everyone.

More on Shane Prince:
    The Prince fight was the best. Prince doesn’t fight and won this one easily dropping and bloodying Farnham in the 3rd. Prince wanted nothing to do with the instigated fight by Farnham and the outcome was a happy surprise to everyone. I talked to Prince in the penalty box the whole time and he was very pumped about winning the fight. I told him he was trending on Twitter for beating up the biggest dick on the ice and he laughed. Back to the skilled part of the game, Prince was a magnet to the puck and that line with him, JGP and Lazar were dangerous all day. Offensively, defensively, physically, they had complete control when they were on the ice together. Prince is another one that will see time in the NHL this season in my opinion. Great game. Prince hurt his ankle at some point and rested today.

Sens Andre Petersson, who played in the absence of concussed Jarrod Maidens, struggled early. He was tentative and got knocked off/away from the puck. He was unwilling to battle and floated. The guy has mad skills but is running out of time with the Ottawa. Then come the flashes of brilliance where he took a couple hits to make a pass that setup a goal. It wasn’t enough and he needs to be consistent. His game yesterday would do him no favours and probably drove Coach Luke Richardson crazy.

Ottawa Dman Chris Wideman didn’t have a good game. He took 3 penalties and didn’t show much offensively.

Curtis Lazar, the Sens 1st round pick this year played great. Same thing I said about Prince minus the fight and add that opponents are going to hate playing against him. He is a strong two-way player that finishes every hit. One hit that stood out was when he pretended to stand up a player, but crouched as low as he could and took him out below the knees with his hip.

Quick hits:
    - Ottawa goalies played well, Francois Brassard started the game and let in the only goal off a screened shot from the point, the rebound was popped upstairs. He was in control all game, square and didn’t let any of the crease crashing affect him.
    - Chris Driedger looked as calm as they come. Watch for him during the World Jrs. Hopefully I get to see more than one period this tourney.
    - Mark Stone didn’t play this game for the Sens.
    - Scott Simmonds for the Pens looked behind the play all game.
    - Pens Jean-Sebastien Dea looked good. He was hard on the puck, used his speed and created some chances. Wish I could see more of him. He is listed at 6’0” and 155 pounds. Yikes. He’s got skills beyond his frame.

Back shortly for Game 2 – Ottawa versus Chicago on Saturday at 2PM.
    Last edited by notch4077; September 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM.