Page 10 of 244 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Also, Peter Regin is fine and should practice next week. Might play opener.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Last game tonight. Forward lines from practice:

Greening-Spezza-Filatov
    Michalek-Zibanejad-Alfedsson (love this line!)
    Foligno-Smith-Butler (bad news for Butler owners)
    Condra-Konopka-Neil
    Hoffman-Da Costa-Daugavins
    I'm a bit surprised that Greening is on the 1st line. I would have thought that Foligno or Smith and even Condra would get that spot ahead of him.

(I know it's preseason but obviously they are trying to settle on some lines to start the year)

Banned

Greening's just a solid player and my guess is that they think he compliments Spezza and Filatov's game quite well. Foligno is more of a 3rd line quality, as is Smith, who should be 3rd line centre for the who year I would think. They may feel that Greening has more offesnive upside. Also, it's more of a matter of chemistry, most likely.

Dobber Sports Guru

Has Butler even played with Spezz this preseason? Seems like a natural fit after their chemistry last year, but now it seems like he's been shuffled around without going back to it.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ace

so how has filatov done so far. i see he gets a couple points here and there and i read that he looking pretty impressive. do you guys think he will stick on a line with spezza and maybe become half of the player he was touted to be
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Banned

Butler has played with Spezza sometimes, but Spezza has played only two games.

Filatov has played very well DB87. Read posts above Just can't buy a goal. I think it's fair to say he will start the year with Spezza.

Banned

Didn't see the whole game tonight (2-1 win), but a lot of it.

Zibanejad had another strong game. He scored a goal but it was called back because Greening touched Thomas (he didn't, it was a BS call).

Rundblad looked more comfortable, scored the GW PP goal, but will probably still go to the AHL.

Story of the game obviously Anderson. 39 saves on 40 shots. He is gonna have a big year. Probably will have the most saves in the league. If your league counts that category, get him.

Other than that not much else to say.

Banned

No need to worry but Filatov was placed on a line with Neil and Smith in the third. Just pre-season here folks, so calm down!!!! haha

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey,

I need to drop a prospect in a point only keeper league and I have narrowed my weakest prospects to the following two: Andre Petersson and Patrick Wiercioch. The prospect that I will be keeping can stay on my farm for another 3 years. Which one of these two has the greater chance of becoming a fantasy relevant player?

P.S. In this league, a forward needs to score 65pts and above to be fantasy relevant and a defensemen 40pts and above.

Thanks

Banned

I would take Petersson. Higher upside. Wiercioch has way too many ahead of him on depth chart.

General thoughts on Lehner? Needs to ferment longer, I assume.

Thanks
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Not much to say on him. He will be Binghamton's starter and will do well, most likely.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

have to make cuts by tonight. any inside scoop on Rundblad's status? need to decide between him and gragnani for last slot. i asked boom about MAG in the BUF thread, and he suggested i hop over here to ask you about rundblad.

he did also sayt something about taking off some rose coloured glasses.... said you might like that comment but im not too sure

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minutes For Bearding View Post
    have to make cuts by tonight. any inside scoop on Rundblad's status? need to decide between him and gragnani for last slot. i asked boom about MAG in the BUF thread, and he suggested i hop over here to ask you about rundblad.

he did also sayt something about taking off some rose coloured glasses.... said you might like that comment but im not too sure
    Big EV would have a better handle on this situation but I'll try.

I don't think DR makes the team right out of the gate. He has alluded to the fact that he might go back to the SEL if he doesn't make the team but I'm a gambler and think that he will split time between Binghamton and Ottawa.

MAG should have got a shot at the PP after last seasons play-off performance but additions have made his spot tenuous at best.

Swing for the fences and take Rundblad.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin
    D: Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovich....F ox....Zellweger....Toews

F: Eichel....Caufield.......J Robertson......W Nylander.......Kucherov....Lundell
    Eklund.....W Johnston.....Marchenko......Stankoven.......Peterk a.....Holtz

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Long term Rundblad blows Gragnani out of the water. This year is up in the air for both since Gragnani is the 7th dman and will likely get limited games. Rundblad is the clear choice here.
    GO WINGS!