Page 95 of 244 FirstFirst ... 45 85 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Spezza

Alright boys, I'd like your opinion on something, because I'm sure you'll tell me if I'm thinking with my heart too much. In a league that counts PIMS and Hits at 1/10 (together) the value of points, would you trade Eric Staal straight up for Spezza? Spezza may have the higher upside, but he always gets hurt. Staal is pretty much as dependable as they come in terms of playing nearly every game.

I think it's close and I'd likely do it.

Thoughts?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Alright boys, I'd like your opinion on something, because I'm sure you'll tell me if I'm thinking with my heart too much. In a league that counts PIMS and Hits at 1/10 (together) the value of points, would you trade Eric Staal straight up for Spezza? Spezza may have the higher upside, but he always gets hurt. Staal is pretty much as dependable as they come in terms of playing nearly every game.

Thoughts?
    I'd keep Staal there. Spezz's injury-filled past has to be a consideration, and Staal looked pretty darn good on the new-look Canes last season. I'm not sure Spezz's upside is that much higher than Staal's either (the guy did put together that one massive season and has been over PPG before.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post

Thoughts?
    I would keep Staal. Spezza has the skill to outpoint Staal on a regular basis, but also has the band-aid label. If Spezza had his greatest, healthiest season and all things came together for him, the best he could give you is probably 15 points more than Staal. I say take the chance that this won't happen for Spezza and keep the more consistant, albeit streaky player in Staal.

It is no fun having one of your top-point getters in fantasy hockey being injured.

Gimme Staal here.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks gents. I doubt a Spezza deal will get done without Staal, so it will be T.S. for me.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

been seeing a lot of prospect rankings on other boards so I thought I would do my own for kicks. They have graduated Lehner, Zibanejad, Wiercioch, Pageau, lost Noesen and Silfverberg, yet sill have a deep pool and still up there at the top 5 or 10 with other organizations IMHO.

1. RW - Curtis Lazar - excellent skater, goal scorer, great shot, solid frame, leadership and character, plays under pressure, all-around package, close to pro ready (could see some games this year but most likely not). Really excited about him and he might just have a spot with Kyle Turris next year.

2. LW - Matt Puempel - pure sniper, has really improved his skating, solid character, solid frame, close to pro ready (1 year in AHL IMO, maybe a callup for injuries). Close to being the top prospect for me, love his goal scoring potential. Top line potential.

3. LW - Mike Hoffman - lightning quick skater, NHL shot, good offensive instincts, NHL ready, will battle for a spot. Has really progressed since his first year in Bingo.

4. D - Cody Ceci - up and down year coming from garbage 67's team, but was much better in Owen Sound and played well in Binghamton. Good skater for his size, a little soft in his own end, but should be a good #4 on the Sens. Will benefit tremendously from Luke Richardson in Binghamton.

5. RW - Mark Stone - you know the team has a great pool when a guy with NHL playoff experience is 5tht. Stone had a very solid rookie year in Binghamton but suffered a high ankle sprain against Pittsburgh. Will never be a great skater but makes up for it with his brain and his hands. Close to NHL ready, will battle for a spot if healthy.

6. LW - Shane Prince - another favourite of mine, Shane is just a great offensive player. Loved him since his 67'a days. Another lightning quick skater, great playmaker but also has a nose for the net. Extremely hard worker, another character guy (there's a theme here), solid 18 goals in his rookie AHL season. Another guy who is close to seeing some NHL action. Was one of if not the best non-NHL players at prospect camp.

7. D - Fredrik Claesson - Plays aggressively, solid defensively, hard worker, and a hilarious guy on and off the ice. Teammates love him. Close to the next guy on the list coming up, but I like his puck skills better.

8. D - Mark Borowiecki - MORE CHARACTER. Binghamton's captain, a mean mother****er on the ice, gym rat, I thought he would be in the NHL two seasons ago but there was just no room. He'll be there in 2014-2015. Great defensively but not much upside at all offensively.

9. D - Mikael Wikstrand - huge year for Wikstrand. 11 goals in Sweden's second league, was one of Sweden's top D at the WJC, QB'd their PP. Overall solid two-way D with some nice offensive skill.

10. C - Ryan Dzingel - a guy who is really under the radar. 7th rounder in 2011 out of the USHL, has progressed really well at Ohio State (38 points in 40 games last year). Good size, great skill level, and the organization is high on him.

Andre Petersson and Stephane Da Costa would have made the list if they worked hard and played well defensively, or always hurt in AP's case. Both will probably have careers in Europe. Pains me not to rank Andre in the Top 10 as I think he is one of the most skilled players in the organization.

Other HMs: G - Chris Driedger, C - Derek Grant, D - Mike Sdao, F - Cole Schneider
    Last edited by Big Ev; July 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I only watched about a half dozen Oil Kings games last year, and I'm no scout obviously, but I'm not sure Lazar is anywhere close to the NHL yet. Lots of tools, and could develop nicely, but he'll be a while yet before cracking the NHL, and could easily end up as a third line forward in the end.

Expectations low with him, but who knows, maybe he'll put every single thing together and become a second line guy.

Banned

IMO he'll be a second line guy with his speed and goal scoring ability. If he wasn't a great skater I would not make that claim. Tim Murray, who is as honest as they come, no BS, thinks he can score 30 one day. Scored 38 goals last year while playing a secondary role, and while starting the year cold for a long stretch.

He was better than most guys at prospect camp, and was close to Conacher/Pageau/Zibanejad so that's why I think he's closer to the NHL than some think. That being said he will have a much more prominent role in Edmonton next year and I think he'll play in 2014-2015.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I only watched about a half dozen Oil Kings games last year, and I'm no scout obviously, but I'm not sure Lazar is anywhere close to the NHL yet. Lots of tools, and could develop nicely, but he'll be a while yet before cracking the NHL, and could easily end up as a third line forward in the end.

Expectations low with him, but who knows, maybe he'll put every single thing together and become a second line guy.
    also do you know if Oil Kings games are streamed anywhere (besides the WHL pay-per-view)?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have no idea if there is a consistent stream anywhere (aside from the WHL site of course). I generally was just able to dig one up by poking around, and not every time when I wanted to find one.

Dobber Sports Genius

Solid post Big Ev.

Dobber Sports Genius

RFA Stephane Da Costa has just re-signed with Ottawa. This leaves only Jared Cowen as the Sens only RFA.

Good for Da Costa. I'm thinking he sees some NHL action this season, but I think it comes after Ottawa tries to sneak him back to Bingo (AHL) in September through waivers. I think another club snaps him up.

Still so much depth amongst the Sens forwards. Can't believe that one of Pageau and Stone will most likely start the year in the AHL. Crazy.

Dobber Sports Genius

Man I hate Tr***s Y***.

Didnt want anyone to Google his name and get him hits.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Man I hate Tr***s Y***.

Not your go-to-guy? Ha.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Man I hate Tr***s Y***.

he does seem to be stirring the nest over at Hockey Buzz lately, i was a fan but recently hes getting obnoxious
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Not your go-to-guy? Ha.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    he does seem to be stirring the nest over at Hockey Buzz lately, i was a fan but recently hes getting obnoxious
    I've been trying to unfollow anyone that RT's him on Twitter but I just can't get him out of my timeline on there. Ugh.