Page 217 of 244 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    You guys are even taking over random team threads?

Let's get a post war going in the Carolina thread! They need to see some action over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Huh? We are talking about the Senators. What are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You guys post a lot. About everything. In every thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Says the guy with almost 30 000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Indeed. I thought that was the point of the forums.
    This exchange made me lol!! You guys are hilarious!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Karlsson was bad, bad, bad last night. When he got robbed by Howard, he was almost happy for Howard... He needs to get mean.

The OT goal was telling. Anderson skated right off and didn't even look at Karlsson. I think he was mad at him for that gaffe. Bad luck or not, Karlsson wasn't ready and certainly hasn't been the Karlsson we are used to. I hope this lights a fire under him because right now he's not the same player.

I agree this team played better with Turris. There's no reason they shouldn't have re-signed him.
    I guess a player is allowed to have a bad night every now and then. If I'm Karlsson, I might be pressing a little hard because it's a contract year? I mean he's going to get PAID, but if he keeps on playing the way he has been this season, he might sacrifice millions of dollars over the course of his next contract. MILLIONS!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I guess a player is allowed to have a bad night every now and then. If I'm Karlsson, I might be pressing a little hard because it's a contract year? I mean he's going to get PAID, but if he keeps on playing the way he has been this season, he might sacrifice millions of dollars over the course of his next contract. MILLIONS!
    I doubt he will sacrifice millions.... the New York Rangers are still part of the league...they will still offer the extra millions.

What he will be sacrificing is other teams offering in the same range as the rangers. haha

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I doubt he will sacrifice millions.... the New York Rangers are still part of the league...they will still offer the extra millions.

What he will be sacrificing is other teams offering in the same range as the rangers. haha
    The way I see it, if this season causes ANY doubts, he might make $1M/season less x 7 years - $7M (MILLIONS!), but yeah, the Rangers. Good point. Maybe Chiarelli will make a pitch and then have to trade a player like Draisaitl, leaving RNH as C2. Could work (says this desperate Oiler fan). I mean sign EK in the offseason, not trade Draisaitl to Ottawa!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    He is, but this goes beyond that. There's having a bad night and then there's displaying a nonchalant attitude. Right now, I don't see an angry, determined player. Heck, none of the Sens are. I am absolutely certain that the owner's comments in the media and the bad mood that surrounds that aspect of the team is affecting all of them. Last year, Nicholle Anderson's battle with cancer galvanized the group. This year, the owner's attitude and meddling are splitting the group. Trading Turris over the contract dispute was horrible for the room; it signaled that ownership isn't serious about signing core players. To me, this means it is almost certain Karlsson is gone, not because he wants to leave, but they are not creating the conditions to attract or retain top talent. It just makes for an awful situation all around. No one is playing to their potential in that group, which is telling.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am sure Karlsson will go to another team (there's really no reason to stay in Ottawa) and receive a massive contract - deservedly so.

That team will end up way overpaying because he is obviously not the same player he used to be - even admitted it himself in several interviews this year.

Dobber Sports Guru

Karlsson will get at least $10 million a year on the next contract. Maybe as high as $12 million. His play this year won't change that. There will be a GM that will chalk this year up to a bad system, recovering from an injury, a trainwreck of a year for all of the Sens, etc.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    No one is playing to their potential in that group, which is telling.
    One exception to this is Mark Stone. That guy is Datsyuk 2.0 and by far the best forward on the team.

My interest in the team this year has waned considerably. Admittedly, I don't know what goes on in the locker room but it certainly seemed like Turris was very popular. He's also excellent, and when you come within 1 goal of the final, core players usually need to be rewarded. As was said above, this sends a signal to the rest of the team.

Bob Mackenzie said something a while back and I'd be interested to hear whether anyone has any information as to whether or not its true: He thought that Karlsson wants a commitment that the team will spend to the cap and try to field the best team possible every year. It makes perfect sense that an elite player (or any player, frankly) would want to play for a team that is fully committed to win. Apparently Ottawa doesn't do that, for financial reasons. I know that Mr. Melnyk is entitled to do what he wants with his property, but if it's not financially viable to spend to the cap then he should get out of the business.

I love this team, and have been a rabid fan since the days of Yashin, Bonk and Redden. However if Karlsson leaves because Ottawa isn't "all-in" on winning, I won't be spending $ on NHL Centre Ice next year.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How many times does this team need to get embarrassed/thumped before they can Boucher already?!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    How many times does this team need to get embarrassed/thumped before they can Boucher already?!
    All Ottawa ever does is fire coaches. I?m beyond tired of it. This coach led them to the conference final last year. He?s not the problem.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    All Ottawa ever does is fire coaches. I?m beyond tired of it. This coach led them to the conference final last year. He?s not the problem.
    I disagree. His regimented system of play has a short life span before other teams game plan for it and pick it apart.....same exact thing happened in Tampa, worked well for a year and a bit and then they started getting thumped, and he got canned. Players quickly get sick of playing with the cuffs on too I'm sure. There was a reason he got passed over for so many jobs before getting back into the NHL again after he got fired by Tampa. I'd hate to be a Sens fan watching all that boring scripted hockey, his system sucks and coaches of that ilk are contributing factors to decreased scoring and entertainment value, and need to go away.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My God, this team is absolutely heartless and hot garbage. They get challenged by their GM and just continue to stink it up.......their games have become unwatchable, something I'd never thought I'd say of a team with Karlsson on it. There has to be some changes brewing, this is getting ugly.

Administrator

Wait I thought a trip to the semis automatically means more success to come...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Wait I thought a trip to the semis automatically means more success to come...
    Good thing they locked up Burrows for the Cup run!

Dobber Sports Master

Dorion's job is on the block for sure. He challenged them because he feels the heat. Hard to work for such an owner though... Turris trade hurt the room bad.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck