Page 205 of 244 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

I mean, I think you're crazy. But it might be just me. Not losing as much as the other three teams is kind of irrelevant IMO because as far as I'm concerned the Senators weren't even "supposed" to be there anyway. They were what they were - a great Cinderella story that was exciting to follow.

Here's to hoping that losing Methot doesn't impact Karlsson's performance, for your sakes.

P.S. For what it's worth I think there's a reasonable argument that Nashville lost less than the Sens did, as they didn't really NEED James Neal. I honestly think the Senators NEEDED Methot. But time will tell.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If Dion waived, they could have protected them all. Surely they could have given Vegas something to not pick Phaneuf.

A first round pick in 2018 for Methot. That is really tough to swallow.

I find it amazing in the degree to which some teams got killed and others lost virtually nothing.
    Blame the GMs for that, not Dion. He negotiated his NMC in good faith, and Ottawa traded for it in good faith. The GM of Toronto, and then the GM in Ottawa, accepted that NMC. These guys are real people. They have lives, they have families, they have friends. He has a NMC that was given to him so that he could control his work life balance and stay in a place he wanted to stay.

Being mad at Dion is....an irrational fan thing, that I understand, but is wrong and misguided.

As for the Methot thing....there's quite a few numbers that suggest without Karlsson he is a trash heap. Beyond that, Chabot looks like a stud anyways. I'm not going to be shocked if he ends up being an upgrade on a 33 year old Methot.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I don't see a hole to fill on D. Why do people pretend like Methot stepped on the ice every time Karlsson did? The reality is that Methot is and was a very good 4th or 5th Dman that was paid like a 2nd or 3rd. Karlsson, Phaneuf and Ceci played more minutes and harder minutes this season.

The Sens will be better than fine and I am happy they didn't lose as much as the other 3 teams that made the Conference finals; and waaaay less than other teams that decided they needed to pay Vegas not to take a certain player.
    Umm... it could be that every single media source following hockey calls him EK's D-partner. That they're linked at the hip... just a hunch as to why people keep saying this. Because everyone keeps saying this.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Call me crazy, but I don't see a hole to fill on D. Why do people pretend like Methot stepped on the ice every time Karlsson did? The reality is that Methot is and was a very good 4th or 5th Dman that was paid like a 2nd or 3rd. Karlsson, Phaneuf and Ceci played more minutes and harder minutes this season.

The Sens will be better than fine and I am happy they didn't lose as much as the other 3 teams that made the Conference finals; and waaaay less than other teams that decided they needed to pay Vegas not to take a certain player.
    Less? The Penguins lost a backup goalie? I'd wager that's less important than your #4 defenceman.

Administrator

It's easy to rationalize losing Methot as no big deal. And then the games will be played and I think his loss will be felt.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Umm... it could be that every single media source following hockey calls him EK's D-partner. That they're linked at the hip... just a hunch as to why people keep saying this. Because everyone keeps saying this.
    Phew. Good thing I could care less what the media says and how they spin things to suit their agenda.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Ottawa won't be better this year or next year by keeping a guy who is younger, or who has more potential down the road. Keep the guy that gels with Karlsson. Plus, they can probably get just as much in a trade for Ceci as they can for Methot. Ceci is easier to replace, screw upside. I don't care about 5 years from now.
    Have we changed our tune already?

Administrator

Frozen Pool supports the idea of Methot and Karlsson being very closely linked at even strength.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Because they were. The Sens already have their next Filip Kuba/Marc Methot.

Don't be worried Sens fans.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Guru

76 per cent of Methot's 5-on-5 TOI this past season was with Karlsson on the ice.

52.2 per cent of Karlsson's 5-on-5 TOI was with Methot on the ice. No other Sens dman was higher than 17.3 per cent (at a maximum. I don't know who was next highest, but it was below 17.3 per cent).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    76 per cent of Methot's 5-on-5 TOI this past season was with Karlsson on the ice.

52.2 per cent of Karlsson's 5-on-5 TOI was with Methot on the ice. No other Sens dman was higher than 17.3 per cent (at a maximum. I don't know who was next highest, but it was below 17.3 per cent).
    So you are saying they aren't joined at the hip? Good, maybe Karlsson will be ok than...
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Jedi

So you are saying they aren't joined at the hip? Good, maybe Karlsson will be ok than...
    No... I think he was saying the opposite. Ye with rose coloured glasses.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

I know what he was saying and I said that I don't understand why people think Karlsson steps on the ice only if he sees the almighty Methot out there first.

Methot was Ottawa's 4th most trusted Dman.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

So I made a mistake with this earlier. I went to Behindthenet.ca, but they haven't updated their stats on certain pages. So those numbers were from 2015-16.

The following is from puckalytics and is based on this past season.

In 2016-17, Karlsson played 1,491:29 minutes of five-on-five hockey. Methot was on for 923:19 of that. That means about 62 per cent of all of Karlsson's 5-on-5 shifts were with Methot. And would have been higher had Methot not missed a bunch of games. My guess is Methot was on the ice for more than 70 per cent on Karlsson's 5-on-5 ice time when Methot was in the lineup.

The next highest dman for 5-on-5 shifts for Karlsson was Dion Phaneuf, for about 232:17. That's 15.6 per cent.

Next highest after that Fredrik Claesson at 130:15, about 9 per cent.

So yeah, Methot and Karlsson played together a lot.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Initiate

I read Travis Yosts's article on TSN today suggesting a 3 way deal could see Phaneuf getting shipped out and Methot getting sent back. My question is...why all the talk about trading Phaneuf? They came within a goal of the Stanley Cup final. I know Phaneuf's price tag is heavy, but I don't see why they are so eager to send him out. I suppose if it means getting Methot back they might do it, but my concern is management contributing to an atmosphere where Phaneuf feels unwelcome and is blamed for doing something he had every right to do.

Yost opined that Edmonton may be a target for Phaneuf, though I don't know if they will want to take on his salary given that Draisatl and McJesus' contract negotations are right around the corner.

Perhaps it's pure speculation by Yost (which is fine), but I thought I'd ask you local fans what the buzz in the city is. Is everyone clamoring to get rid of Dion?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov