Page 110 of 244 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    For my 2nd expansion team (which is absolutely brutal), I traded Perron and Kesler for Lehner. I, too, love his compete level and fiestiness.

Craig Anderson has been a rock for Ottawa, but with his great cap hit, I think Ottawa might have to consider trading him in the off season in order to maximize on their assets.
    this is easier said then done. while yes Anderson has been great this was brought up a lot last year and nothing happened out of it. when spezza and the whole team was injured that was the thought process. but guess what happened next.. yes you guessed it Anderson went down with injury himself. he has had injury problems so might be harder to move him then you think, especially with vet goalies still out there unsigned.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No dude, I gave somebody else my opinion and you replied basically saying I wouldn't be saying this if I wasnt a sens fan. That's just stirring up trouble. What if I said to you that you be calling reimer better than bernier if he was still a king? Its just a dumb comment.
    My apolpgies EV.

Though, i know its just an example, i wouldnt ever say Reimer is better then Bernier no matter the circumstances. im a hockey fan not just a Leaf fan.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No, this team has been a playoff team for the last two seasons and they have an improved offense this year. Coupled with possibly the best goalie tandem in the league, expectations are not only playoffs but a playoff run. Most people would be surprised if they missed the playoffs and that would be considered a bad year.
    Certainly your view is most common.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Spezza hatter baby w00t!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Great win tonight. Spezza was his vintage self....an intercepted no-look pass that almost resulted in a goal for the other team, but he more than makes up for it with his offensive skill. Conacher looks good on the top line, and took a beautiful pass from Methot for the game winner. Andy looked very good throughout the game, and made some huge saves in critical situations.

But, the defence does not look good.

I am actually worried about Karlsson. He is not getting separation and he seems listless at times. He still looks good, just not as dominant as he did prior to the achilles injury. I can only hope that this is temporary, and perhaps it is unreasonable to expect him to be the player he was right away.

One other thing - Zbad won't be in Bingo much longer.
    Last edited by Achilles; October 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Karlsson looks lost at times... made quite a few bad plays out there, and it also looks like he's lost a step from his old fast dynamic self.

Methinks the achilles will permantly limit him... I have friends who've torn their achilles... all of them swear it never recovers fully.

Banned

Karlsson will be fine, he's always a slow starter anyway (not points-wise I mean). He won't be 100% for a few months, as guys like Bieksa have stated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Great win tonight. Spezza was his vintage self....an intercepted no-look pass that almost resulted in a goal for the other team, but he more than makes up for it with his offensive skill. Conacher looks good on the top line, and took a beautiful pass from Methot for the game winner. Andy looked very good throughout the game, and made some huge saves in critical situations.

But, the defence does not look good.

I am actually worried about Karlsson. He is not getting separation and he seems listless at times. He still looks good, just not as dominant as he did prior to the achilles injury. I can only hope that this is temporary, and perhaps it is unreasonable to expect him to be the player he was right away.

One other thing - Zbad won't be in Bingo much longer.
    Spezza will definitely be a great 2nd line centre for this team going forward.

Banned

2-2-2 getting the toughest trip of the year out of the way. The real season begins Thursday. This month is the worst, which is gonna be a good thing come late season.
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Spezza will definitely be a great 2nd line centre for this team going forward.
    EV, WTF are you saying? 2nd Line C? c'mon man we all know that Spezz will be 1L for as long as hes here. i dont see anybody passing him on the chart. Turris is best suited for 2L duty, and Zib wont pass either of them IMO.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Spezza and Ryan will be back together shortly. Coach hasn't given them enough time to build chemistry together yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    EV, WTF are you saying? 2nd Line C? c'mon man we all know that Spezz will be 1L for as long as hes here. i dont see anybody passing him on the chart. Turris is best suited for 2L duty, and Zib wont pass either of them IMO.
    I was just messin around, although Turris has been the best player/centre with the most minutes on the team so far.

Turris is developing into an elite two-way centreman.

As for Ryan I would keep him with Turris. The top line is too slow with Spezza, Michalek, and Ryan. Conacher adds nice speed and nastiness to Spezza's finesse game. Michalek, w/e, just counting down the days til he's in Phoenix.

Dobber Sports Icon

I was just messin around, although Turris has been the best player/centre with the most minutes on the team so far.

As for Ryan I would keep him with Turris. The top line is too slow with Spezza, Michalek, and Ryan. Conacher adds nice speed and nastiness to Spezza's finesse game. Michalek, w/e, just counting down the days til he's in Phoenix.
    ...ok then .

MM looked terrible last night, i dont know if its his age or his desire or skill level, but he is way out of place on that line.

Conacher looked like gold on L1, and Ryan looked real good on L2.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Zib wont pass either of them IMO.
    It's way too early to say for sure, but I disagree with this. What Zib was able to do last year as a teenager is far more than Turris was doing at his age. I like Turris, acquiring him from the Yotes was a huge coup for Murray (though it did cost them Tarasenko to get Rundblad), but I don't think its impossible to imagine Zbad becoming the better player. His offensive talent is underrated, and I think he can be a great two-way player...I am hoping for something like Kesler - 2nd line duty, 1st line PP.

At some point you would have to think that Zbad moves to a wing, because both he and Turris deserve top 6 minutes.

As for Karlsson, I think you're right about what Bieksa said Ev, I seem to remember that. And I hope it's true, because it would be a real shame if Karlsson's career ends up being less special than it would have been if it hadn't been for that reckless douche Cooke.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Guru

Anybody seen tequilamonster lately?
    Between this and Sid's league point lead early in the season, his head might explode.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev