Page 187 of 244 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 197 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

yeah, honestly. It's one of those ones that looks pretty damned bad in retrospect but at the time it's pretty clear Bishop was not seen as a guy that was going to challenge to be a #1 right away. Obviously St Louis has done pretty well with the Allen/Elliott tandem, but I bet today they'd probably like to have Bishop almost as much as we would. What we traded at the time was a 26-year old AHL goalie. I'd like to have that one back but honestly it's hard to say if he ever would have even gotten the opportunity to become what he has in Ottawa.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Banned

I also think Bishop wouldn't be the Sens best goalie even if he was here. Anderson is a better goalie IMO. Bishop looks good in a good system and good team in front of him. He's going to be exposed if he's traded somewhere like Dallas or somebody worse. He's not worth 49 million over 7 years. Not even close.

Goaltending is a double edged sword so to speak. If you are a team who develops and acquires goaltenders well, you're always going to be giving up good ones because you can only play one at a time.

and yeah, there have been many, many worse trades in the last decade.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    I also think Bishop wouldn't be the Sens best goalie even if he was here. Anderson is a better goalie IMO. Bishop looks good in a good system and good team in front of him. He's going to be exposed if he's traded somewhere like Dallas or somebody worse. He's not worth 49 million over 7 years. Not even close.

Goaltending is a double edged sword so to speak. If you are a team who develops and acquires goaltenders well, you're always going to be giving up good ones because you can only play one at a time.

Are you implying Karlsson, Phaneuf, Ceci et al can't play defense to save their lives? You might be on to something there...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Are you implying Karlsson, Phaneuf, Ceci et al can't play defense to save their lives? You might be on to something there...
    No I am implying that our coaches have been awful for years now. I love the Sens Top 4 D.

Dobber Sports Genius

Per twitter, big announcement coming from Sen's organization tomorrow at 230pm. No idea what.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Titan

Signing Russel or Hudler? That would be fun!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Signing Russel or Hudler? That would be fun!
    Eugene spent all the money he has left on Chris Kelly.

Dobber Sports Stud

Probably arena or outdoor game?
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Has there been a worse trade in past decade than Conacher for Bishop? What I think was telling that year, before he was traded, was that BB was gr8 and obviously v confident in shootouts compared to Anderson and Lehner. If we'd kept him this year would have looked very promising, he's the kind of goalie who could help Sens survive many of EK's gaffes.
    Tuukka Rask for Andrew Raycroft? There's been lots of bad trades, yea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Per twitter, big announcement coming from Sen's organization tomorrow at 230pm. No idea what.
    Nobody on twitter is talking about what it might be, so I can't see it being player acquisition related.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Nobody on twitter is talking about what it might be, so I can't see it being player acquisition related.
    Yeah probably not a player; I'm not sure if they'd bother with a big press thingy with players attending for, like, Hudler or something. My guess is either an outdoor game or retiring #11
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Alfie jersey retirement.

Dobber Sports Stud

Howdi folks, I usually catch about 10 senators games a season so I wanted your take on the situation at center.

I have watched just about every game Brassard played as a ranger and was wondering if you fans think that Turris will be the top dog, or will Brass take the job ?

Obviously it could play out with line "chemistry"

so let me know what you think ?

thanks
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post

truth be told, that was a bit of a ploy to smoke out Not Big Ev. I mentioned this trade last year and Ev not only disagreed, but dissed Bishop. What a coincidence that Mr. Sheik believes Anderson better than Bishop!
    Obviously Sens scouting did a poor job assessing Conacher (literally anyone cld pile up points playing w MSL and pre-injury Stamkos). but at the time i didn't object strenuously to the deal because Anderson was playing best hockey of his career, and Lehner seemed to be a great prospect, and he did get us a #1 pick. As I recall fans generally went along w it.
    So it was only a terrible trade, and it was, in hindsight.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    truth be told, that was a bit of a ploy to smoke out Not Big Ev. I mentioned this trade last year and Ev not only disagreed, but dissed Bishop. What a coincidence that Mr. Sheik believes Anderson better than Bishop!
    Obviously Sens scouting did a poor job assessing Conacher (literally anyone cld pile up points playing w MSL and pre-injury Stamkos). but at the time i didn't object strenuously to the deal because Anderson was playing best hockey of his career, and Lehner seemed to be a great prospect, and he did get us a #1 pick. As I recall fans generally went along w it.
    So it was only a terrible trade, and it was, in hindsight.
    Trading bishop was like if Matt Oconnor came up and showed some decent games and then they traded him for the same package. Bishop was the #3 goalie and had no future here and hadn't shown any great nhl upside. He isn't that good of a goalie. Wait until he is traded to see this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Howdi folks, I usually catch about 10 senators games a season so I wanted your take on the situation at center.

I have watched just about every game Brassard played as a ranger and was wondering if you fans think that Turris will be the top dog, or will Brass take the job ?

Obviously it could play out with line "chemistry"

so let me know what you think ?

thanks
    Turris will be the #1 guy but it will be similar ice time to Brassard. They are both #1 centres in the League so it doesn't really matter.

Banned

Hilarious how the Sens win 6-3 with none of their big guys in the lineup yet all people talk about is how good the Leafs prospects look and how good Marner is. My god do the Leafs get overrated fast.