Page 210 of 244 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Clearly the guy didn't watch one game of the San Fran Giants last yr. Otani on the mount and hitting against the Giants could beat a Bumgardner-less Giants team.

Or the fact Japan has the most titles in the WBC (2 albeit), but have been 3rd in 2013, 2017, and have the most wins (23) out of any country. Japan loves baseball, and they would be a tough team to play against in the MLB because they are just so fundamentally strong it could be hard to play against. They having bunting in the All-Star games there, like they could just frustrate a bad MLB team for a game.
    It was just an example and not the best since yes, if the pitcher is legit he could win himself. Best hockey players are in NHL, best Russians are in NHL expect for a few who are on one KHL team. It’s not like Japan in baseball. A KHL team would lose to any NHL team 9/10. Difference is big. Nigel dawes is a top scorer in the KHL...when the Olympics are on, with nhlers allowed, the Russian team will be 90% NHLers

Dobber Sports Titan

Duchene was lackadaisical on the defensive end and just didn't get fully burned, he also had like a 65% OZS and somehow ended up with a negative corsi for his first 2 games with Ottawa.

He wasn't that good defensively. He should be better, but he just hasn't yet. No harm in admitting that because his history says he should gel with this teams style (low giveaways, high takeaways). May take some time to kick some bad habits he got away with in Colorado.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Duchene was lackadaisical on the defensive end and just didn't get fully burned, he also had like a 65% OZS and somehow ended up with a negative corsi for his first 2 games with Ottawa.

He wasn't that good defensively. He should be better, but he just hasn't yet. No harm in admitting that because his history says he should gel with this teams style (low giveaways, high takeaways). May take some time to kick some bad habits he got away with in Colorado.
    exactly, that?s fair. Only point is that Ottawa doesn?t really care about corsi, it?s misleading for their group and system

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    exactly, that?s fair. Only point is that Ottawa doesn?t really care about corsi, it?s misleading for their group and system
    Starting 65% of your shifts in the offensive zone should make the player have a positive corsi. Playing style aside if you start 21minutes, 30seconds of your 33 minutes of your season you shouldn't be negative.

The guys he plays with (Hoffman, Burrows) both have positive CF% rel (3.8 and 2.3) for the yr. In fact, any forward on the team with a worse CF% rel than Duchene right now has started ~40% of the time in the OZ. The team is very much a CF% rel. They are not a CF% (Aka possession) team tho. There's a difference.

Starting 65% of your shifts in the offensive zone should make the player have a positive corsi. Playing style aside if you start 21minutes, 30seconds of your 33 minutes of your season you shouldn't be negative.

The guys he plays with (Hoffman, Burrows) both have positive CF% rel (3.8 and 2.3) for the yr. In fact, any forward on the team with a worse CF% rel than Duchene right now has started ~40% of the time in the OZ. The team is very much a CF% rel. They are not a CF% (Aka possession) team tho. There's a difference.
    Personally don?t care about any of those stats (don?t think they have value at all) but fair enough.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is exactly what I was saying as well. I never said Duchene is a bad player, just that he wasn't good in these two games. I fully expect him to get better once he gets used to the new system and the new requirements from the team because you just can't be that lazy defensively when you play for the Senators - their whole system is built on hard work and tight defensive play. He got away with lazy defensive play when playing in Colorado because that team doesn't really require their top players to play good defensive hockey. He can't get away with it in Ottawa. It's not about lack of skill, it's just about lack of effort. That's easy to fix in most cases.

I never expected anyone to have such low self-esteem and lack of confidence towards their own team and the NHL that they're so badly offended when someone suggests the best couple of teams from the KHL could beat the worst couple of teams from the NHL. I wasn't even saying they would beat the Senators - I was talking about the Avalanche and a couple others terrible NHL teams. But I guess you can get offended from anything these days. "Our league is the best! You take that back! Don't come here saying our league isn't the best! My dad is stronger than your dad!!!" Relax reggiebarnes, the NHL is still the best league in the world. The difference between the NHL and the KHL is just much smaller than what you're imaging. Most KHL teams wouldn't have a chance against NHL teams, and the top KHL teams wouldn't have a chance against top NHL teams. All I was saying was that Colorado is a bad team and the top KHL teams could beat them in a 7 game series. I don't really understand how that offended an Ottawa fan so badly.

By the way, the Senators play the most European style out of all NHL teams. Their coaches really took the European style to heart when they coached in Europe, and they're implementing that system with the Senators. It's funny that reggiebarnes is calling European hockey boring but somehow Senators hockey is super exciting.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Personally don?t care about any of those stats (don?t think they have value at all) but fair enough.
    Good thing you're not managing a team.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Holy Cow. Acquired Duchene right after the big trade, thinking I was buying low on him... and then I looked today at how he's been doing.
    What's going on?! I haven't seen enough of Ottawa lately, so reaching out to anyone who's watched them play (including reggie) - has Duchene been as awful as the stats indicate ?

I would like to defend him based on his possession numbers (which are ok) but they're actually not very impressive considering he starts 2/3 of his shifts in the offensive zone. Wow.

What's going on Sens fans ???
    Was I wrong about this guy all along ?
    Ask ReggieB he knows everything Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Guru

Holy Cow. Acquired Duchene right after the big trade, thinking I was buying low on him... and then I looked today at how he's been doing.
    What's going on?! I haven't seen enough of Ottawa lately, so reaching out to anyone who's watched them play (including reggie) - has Duchene been as awful as the stats indicate ?

I would like to defend him based on his possession numbers (which are ok) but they're actually not very impressive considering he starts 2/3 of his shifts in the offensive zone. Wow.

What's going on Sens fans ???
    Was I wrong about this guy all along ?
    I think someone mentioned somewhere (maybe the ramblings?) that Duchene is now on the second power play unit.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ok ReggieB, put on your Harry Neale glasses for a moment. What's wrong with Duchene ?
    you don't need Reggie, while his insight is great. it's pretty obvious. Duchene has been at the centre of trade speculation for over a year. The relief of having been traded has slammed into the realization the only franchise he's ever known is gone and side swiped learning Boucher's system. The man is under a lot of adjustment related stress.

I call it - post-trade hangover. Perfect time to buy Duchene. I wouldn't be surprised to see this hangover last another week or even two. When he settles in and finds a comfort level. I think the real Duchene will explode.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wtf is up with Karlsson? 6 Ottawa goals so far and not a sniff of a point and no points in last 7 games....so damn frustrating!

Dobber Sports Ninja

EK is killing me... KILLING ME!!!

Dobber Sports Ace

I’m hearing Condon starts tomorrow at Winnipeg... and Boucher said on the radio if he plays well, he could get a run as the starter.

Is this the changing of the guard in net, or will Andy get it back?
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The Sens getting spanked by the Jets...how much longer till Boucher is on the hot seat? They've been awful for the most part this year.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    I’m hearing Condon starts tomorrow at Winnipeg... and Boucher said on the radio if he plays well, he could get a run as the starter.

Is this the changing of the guard in net,or will Andy get it back?
    Nope.