Page 39 of 244 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Genius

Day 1 of Binghamton’s training camp has finally come and gone and the lines were as follows:

Zibanejad-Da Costa-Petersson
    Hoffman-Grant-Silfverberg
    Dziurzynski-Hamilton-Stone
    Cowick-Cannone-Jessiman
    Kramer-Pageau-Culek
    Schneider-Caporusso-Prince

Wiercioch-Benoit
    Cowen-Eckford
    Blood-Borowiecki
    Claesson-Gryba
    New-Martin
    Campanale-Wideman

Lehner, Lawson, Cheverie, Greenham

Not surprisingly, Lehner got a lot of media attention and airtime:

"Bishop is the guy I’ve got to beat, anyways, if I want to play up there. He’s a little older than me, but I’ve had success down here with a Calder Cup and I’ve had my other good stretches here and I’ve had success in Ottawa, too. I want to get a complete season. I grew up a little bit last season, I think. I was a certain weight when we won (the Calder Cup in 2011) and during the summer I didn’t change that much. I came in a little heavy last year, but I didn’t know any better. It wasn’t celebrating success, it was more not knowing. Me, as a young guy, with a young head. I went into the summer not doing anything about it and I came into camp like that and it’s not acceptable. And I know that now. I’m not going to blame last season's struggles on weight. Last year was a tough year for me, but it was tough for everybody. When it’s a tough season, goalies usually suffer a lot. I’m not happy with last year, I know I’ve got to be better. It’s a learning curve."

Sens goalie coach, who is never shy, had this to say about Lehner:

"It’s fair to say that Robin’s career has been like this. So, with fitness, it should even out. We would still love to get the highs, but also limit the lows. We want him playing, if it’s earned. We want him playing a lot. We’re selling the ‘earned’ part and judging by the condition he has come in at, he looks like he’s buying into it. At some point, if you’re going to play in the National Hockey League, the other goalie is going to be a good goalie, so at some point, you’re going to have to deal with that. Last year, Robin’s best nine games were the nine games after we acquired Ben Bishop. Competition is healthy."

New head Binghamton head coach Luke Richardson reminded the prospects that:

"Someone’s always watching. Every work stoppage, some players might not come back. Some of the older players might not be ready to go. Somebody might go and get injured in Europe or training too much. There might be more opportunity. You can never write off the season and be disappointed."

Other than that, Zibanejad should strictly stay on LW, Silverberg right.

I'm gonna try and catch a couple Bingo games live during the lockout, but no promises.

Here is a good Lehner article as well.
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/09/28/...r-bingo-battle
    Last edited by notch4077; September 29, 2012 at 5:27 PM.

Banned

Some lines from practice (season opener on Saturday):

Zibanejad-Pageau-Silfverberg
    Hoffman-Cannone-Petersson
    Cowick-Grant-Stone

Cowen-Benoit
    Eckford-Blood
    Borowiecki-Gryba
    Claesson

Shane Prince, Da Costa, Wiercioch, and Jessiman are currently injured. Wiercioch is expected to be out a couple of weeks
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ben Bishop has just agreed to an AHL deal. Of course, this means that the Baby Sens now have Lehner in Bishop stopping pucks. That is going to be something to watch, how those two play, get along and how Coach Luke Richardson splits their time.

Feel bad for Nathan Lawson, but I'm sure he will be traded soon enough and get some playing time as a backup for another AHL club. That is unless management sees and end to the lockout sooner rather than later. Lockout ends = Bingo needs Lawson. Lockout continues = no need for Lawson.
    Last edited by notch4077; October 11, 2012 at 1:44 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Some lines from practice (season opener on Saturday):

Zibanejad-Pageau-Silfverberg
    Hoffman-Cannone-Petersson
    Cowick-Grant-Stone

Cowen-Benoit
    Eckford-Blood
    Borowiecki-Gryba
    Claesson

Shane Prince, Da Costa, Wiercioch, and Jessiman are currently injured. Wiercioch is expected to be out a couple of weeks
    Blood has been cut and sent to Elmira of ECHL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Ben Bishop has just agreed to an AHL deal. Of course, this means that the Baby Sens now have Lehner in Bishop stopping pucks. That is going to be something to watch, how those two play, get along and how Coach Luke Richardson splits their time.

Feel bad for Nathan Lawson, but I'm sure he will be traded soon enough and get some playing time as a backup for another AHL club. That is unless management sees and end to the lockout sooner rather than later. Lockout ends = Bingo needs Lawson. Lockout continues = no need for Lawson.
    Lawson will be dealt. Lockout ends, you have Cheverie to back up Lehner. Lawson isn't really needed.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Lawson will be dealt. Lockout ends, you have Cheverie to back up Lehner. Lawson isn't really needed.
    Lawson is a much better goalie than Cheverie, so he is wanted and needed if the lockout were to end. Sure, Cheverie could be Lehner's backup, but Lawson was signed to be that exact thing.

Anyway, Lawson declined his assignment to Elmira of the ECHL, so it is safe to assume that he will be put on waivers or be traded like I mentioned earlier.

Banned

Highlights from the BSens 2-1 win over Rochester last night.

Their best player has been Lehner by far, but some positional players really standing out are Mika Zibanejad, even though he has been held pointless, David Dziurzynski, Mike Hoffman, and Jean-Gabriel Pageau. Mark Stone had a really good game last night. Zibanejad looks energized and is always looking to shoot.

Banned

3 game weekend for the BSens. Dropped their first game 3-2 last night to Hershey. Mike Hoffman had 10 shots on goal, and Zibanejad was excellent with a beauty play on a SHG, and almost tied it up going through a couple of players in the third. He plays in all situations on the BSens.

Stone and Silfverberg also looked good. Silfver still needs a bunch of time to fully adjust to the small ice.

I'd say Hoffman and Zibanejad have been their 2 best forwards through 3 games.

Jared Cowen has been stellar, left the game last night with a minor muscle pull. Really doesn't need to prove much, obviously, but he is working on his offensive game and taking risks. Overall, looking confident with the puck at ES and on the PP. Patrick Wiercioch is stronger and has looked good at both ends of the rink.

BSens face Syracuse tonight, then travel to Hershey for a game tomorrow evening.
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM.

The Great One

why didnt pageau play on sat?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    why didnt pageau play on sat?
    Just a healthy scratch, I believe. They played 3 games in 3 days. They have a quite a few injuries and bodies laying around.

He'll probably be a "scratched one game, in the next game" guy depending on who they have out with injuries.
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM.

The Great One

Can Da Costa get a point already? He's killing me in my AHL pool. Him and Pague have combined for 1 point! Whats going on

Banned

Da Costa isn't fully healthy.

The whole team should see their offensive stats increase in November after adjusting to new coach/system and new style of play for some of the rookies and Euros. Lots of guys are shooting a ton but theyre just not going in right now.

The Great One

Hopefully, they still have a winning record last time i checked 3-2 so they aren't doing that bad.

Banned

Yeah, it's mainly been because of Lehner so far. They need to sort out their PP and also get Cowen and Stone and Da Costa back from injury.

Every time I have seen them play, it seems like they are facing a hot goalie (like the real Sens...). Mike Hoffman has 1 goal on 28 shots, Zibanejad has 0 on 22, Silfverberg has 2 on 21. They need some luck!

Banned

Binghamton is now 7-4-2 and have been getting solid goaltending from Lehner and balanced scoring throughout the lineup.

Stats update, which don't tell the story of how some guys are really playing:

# Player Pos GP G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG
    61 Andre Benoit D 13 4 3 7 +4 12 1 0
    29 Tyler Eckford D 13 3 4 7 -2 23 1 1
    * 33 Jakob Silfverberg RW 13 2 5 7 -2 2 0 1
    21 Derek Grant C 13 5 1 6 +1 11 0 2
    23 Corey Cowick LW 13 2 4 6 +3 18 0 1
    22 David Dziurzynski LW 12 2 3 5 +3 30 0
    27 Mike Hoffman LW 13 2 3 5 +2 14 1 0
    20 Andre Petersson RW 13 2 3 5 -4 12 2 0
    * 16 Mark Stone RW 7 1 4 5 +3 4 0 0 0.71
    * 93 Mika Zibanejad C 13 1 4 5 -4 4 0 0
    12 Pat Cannone C 13 2 2 4 +3 6 0 0