Page 197 of 244 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Well if that is the case, then Ryan has every right to be pissed off. Both sides signed that contract in good faith and if Ryan doesn't want to waive it then he shouldn't have to. If the team pushed him to the point where he got pissed off then that's on them, not on Ryan.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well if that is the case, then Ryan has every right to be pissed off. Both sides signed that contract in good faith and if Ryan doesn't want to waive it then he shouldn't have to. If the team pushed him to the point where he got pissed off then that's on them, not on Ryan.
    lol not it's not. These guys are all adults here. If they simply asked him about a team that was inquiring about him, and he threw a fit, then that's not justified at all.

Just because you have a NTC doesn't mean you can't be asked about whether you might waive it. There's no need to get into a fight with the team if that did happen.

There's a different between being pissed off/upset, and doing something bad like getting into a fight. The team wouldn't bench a player just because they were upset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    A Bobby Ryan buyout would cost them 1.79mill till 2028-29 season (last season they pay him is 2027-28 if bought out). That?s a long time to be paying someone.

The benching is quite strange. Not unwarranted due to performance because he?s not great, but due to his contract it?s strange seeing it. Refreshing to know no one is above a benching.

- - - Updated - - -

A Bobby Ryan buyout would cost them 1.79mill till 2028-29 season (last season they pay him is 2027-28 if bought out). That?s a long time to be paying someone.

The benching is quite strange. Not unwarranted due to performance because he?s not great, but due to his contract it?s strange seeing it. Refreshing to know no one is above a benching.
    The owner could justify that buy out if he isn't going to be owning the team for much longer. It would be another person's problem. It would free up a lot of cash for them in the short term.

I doubt it happens too, but I don't think it's a big deal to pay that amount for 10 years.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    lol not it's not. These guys are all adults here. If they simply asked him about a team that was inquiring about him, and he threw a fit, then that's not justified at all.

Just because you have a NTC doesn't mean you can't be asked about whether you might waive it. There's no need to get into a fight with the team if that did happen.

There's a different between being pissed off/upset, and doing something bad like getting into a fight. The team wouldn't bench a player just because they were upset.
    Well seeing as none of us were there, we really have no idea what happened and why he got scratched. In the end, it's all hear-say.

I can't say I blame the Sens for trying to move Ryan though. Five more years at $7.25 for a guy who simply has slipped is smart on their end but I am not sure who would be a buyer, especially when he has a limited NMC where he can name 10 teams he doesn't want to go to.

As long as teams continue to give up these NMC/NTC in their contracts, it's hard to feel sorry for them, especially when they feel the need to approach the player and ask him to waive the same thing they were OK with at the time of the signing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I work with a sister to one of the coaches of the Senators. In the staff room today, I asked why BR was scratched. She smirked at first, thinking about whether to tell me or not. Sounds like BR has been hitting the "sauce" a little hard as of late and the coach doesn't take kindly to that. He stayed up a little too late past curfew on last trip to Washington and was pulled from the bar stool late into the night. Boucher's decision 100% and not that of the assistant coaches. BR skated the pregame warm up and was then told he was sitting. Don't know if this has been an ongoing thing with Ryan. Hope he cleans up his act.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I work with a sister to one of the coaches of the Senators. In the staff room today, I asked why BR was scratched. She smirked at first, thinking about whether to tell me or not. Sounds like BR has been hitting the "sauce" a little hard as of late and the coach doesn't take kindly to that. He stayed up a little too late past curfew on last trip to Washington and was pulled from the bar stool late into the night. Boucher's decision 100% and not that of the assistant coaches. BR skated the pregame warm up and was then told he was sitting. Don't know if this has been an ongoing thing with Ryan. Hope he cleans up his act.
    Sounds plausible. Have never heard anything like that before about him. Hopefully, under the bed now. A player with his declining body has no margin of error when it comes to that stuff. Honestly he's looking to go the way of cheechoo soon, both had hernias and declined, although players decline anyway at this age.

Banned

I'm just gonna fantasize a little. I think the Sens will make a big push for Landeskog. Let's say Ceci + 1st + Pageau, for example. I think that could be close to getting it done.

Let's assume Ryan is still here next year. And Wideman picked in expansion.

Landeskog-Brassard-Stone
    Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
    Dzingel-Smith-Pyatt
    MacArthur-White-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
    Chabot-Phaneuf
    Boro-Claesson

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just gonna fantasize a little. I think the Sens will make a big push for Landeskog. Let's say Ceci + 1st + Pageau, for example. I think that could be close to getting it done.

Let's assume Ryan is still here next year. And Wideman picked in expansion.

Landeskog-Brassard-Stone
    Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
    Dzingel-Smith-Pyatt
    MacArthur-White-Lazar

Methot-Karlsson
    Chabot-Phaneuf
    Boro-Claesson

Banned

With Wingels on board, Chris Neil is likely going to sit next game. The lines should look like this:

Smith-Brassard-Stone
    Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
    Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
    Lazar-Kelly-Wingels

The Sens have been rolling. They've played a playoff team 10 times in the last 11 games and aside from the CBJ game on Sunday have limited Top 4 offenses in the league to 2 or less goals. This is the best the team has looked since the Cup final year in 06-07. They look like a complete team, just without a consistent fourth line (they only get like 6 minutes anyway). Hopefully Wingels helps there.

The Sens look legit. My Sens to win Eastern Conference Final bet (25 to 1) isn't looking too unrealistic now.

- - - Updated - - -

With Wingels on board, Chris Neil is likely going to sit next game. The lines should look like this:

Smith-Brassard-Stone
    Dzingel-Turris-Ryan
    Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt
    Lazar-Kelly-Wingels

The Sens have been rolling. They've played a playoff team 10 times in the last 11 games and aside from the CBJ game on Sunday have limited Top 4 offenses in the league to 2 or less goals. This is the best the team has looked since the Cup final year in 06-07. They look like a complete team, just without a consistent fourth line (they only get like 6 minutes anyway). Hopefully Wingels helps there.

The Sens look legit. My Sens to win Eastern Conference Final bet (25 to 1) isn't looking too unrealistic now.

Dobber Sports Titan

They’ve played great. Consistent play from Condon has been great, the system has played out well, the 4th line needs to be shored up, but that’s common for a lot of teams. Winning the East is still farfetched, but less farfetched as it was 3 months ago. Caps at 1.458pts/game is a tough team to jump, especially with how they are winning even though Sens won the last 2 vs them in January.

For my love of Canadian teams in the Playoffs, I hope Condon can keep this up, and not stumble. I’d love seeing another “Battle of Ontario” playoff series.

- - - Updated - - -

They?ve played great. Consistent play from Condon has been great, the system has played out well, the 4th line needs to be shored up, but that?s common for a lot of teams. Winning the East is still farfetched, but less farfetched as it was 3 months ago. Caps at 1.458pts/game is a tough team to jump, especially with how they are winning even though Sens won the last 2 vs them in January.

For my love of Canadian teams in the Playoffs, I hope Condon can keep this up, and not stumble. I?d love seeing another ?Battle of Ontario? playoff series.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    They?ve played great. Consistent play from Condon has been great, the system has played out well, the 4th line needs to be shored up, but that?s common for a lot of teams. Winning the East is still farfetched, but less farfetched as it was 3 months ago. Caps at 1.458pts/game is a tough team to jump, especially with how they are winning even though Sens won the last 2 vs them in January.

For my love of Canadian teams in the Playoffs, I hope Condon can keep this up, and not stumble. I?d love seeing another ?Battle of Ontario? playoff series.

- - - Updated - - -

Condon is done as soon as Anderson is back.

I didn't bet on them thinking I'd actually win it. But I don't think it's farfetched for this group to win two rounds. If they do, I'll be profiting by betting the other team.

Here's a telling stat for how well the Sens are playing:

Washington Capitals in January:

In 3 games vs Ottawa: 3 total goals (1.0/game)

In 10 other games: 55 total goals (5.5/game)

The Sens can play and win against any team. Can they win a 7 game series against Washington? I don't know, but Washington has proven nothing to suggest they can make it to the East Final either.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Condon is done as soon as Anderson is back.

I didn't bet on them thinking I'd actually win it. But I don't think it's farfetched for this group to win two rounds. If they do, I'll be profiting by betting the other team.

Here's a telling stat for how well the Sens are playing:

Washington Capitals in January:

In 3 games vs Ottawa: 3 total goals (1.0/game)

In 10 other games: 55 total goals (5.5/game)

The Sens can play and win against any team. Can they win a 7 game series against Washington? I don't know, but Washington has proven nothing to suggest they can make it to the East Final either.
    I'll give you credit, your unwavering support for all things Ottawa has paid off this season. I could reasonably see the Sens making the ECFs. That is something that I considered unfathomable at the beginning of the season. I know we had some arguments about that, but you definitely came out on top of that one.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I'll give you credit, your unwavering support for all things Ottawa has paid off this season. I could reasonably see the Sens making the ECFs. That is something that I considered unfathomable at the beginning of the season. I know we had some arguments about that, but you definitely came out on top of that one.
    No worries man, I know arguments get heated but I respect you and your posts.

And I know I am usually positive about the Sens any year, but this year felt different. I really believed Boucher and Crawford would shore up the team D and have them playing as a unit. I really think we have something great building here, and we're going to put in two great prospects as soon as this spring/fall (White and Chabot).

Dobber Sports Titan

Condon has earned the spot from Anderson I believe, but it would certainly ease his load to a 1A/1B role where Anderson (if plays well) is the playoff goalie.

In the playoffs anything can happen, but it does depend on the route to the ECF for the Sens. If it’s through Toronto, it’s easier for them because I would expect Ottawa to win that series. If it has to go through Montreal, that’s a tough one too. Like I said anyone can win in the playoffs, especially in the East.

In the last 7 yrs, here’s the list of Prince of Wales Trophy winners:
    2009-10 – Philly
    2010-11 – Boston
    2011-12 – NJD
    2012-13 – Boston
    2013-14 – NYR
    2014-15 – TBL
    2015-16 – Penguins
    Crazy the diversity there.

- - - Updated - - -

Condon has earned the spot from Anderson I believe, but it would certainly ease his load to a 1A/1B role where Anderson (if plays well) is the playoff goalie.

In the playoffs anything can happen, but it does depend on the route to the ECF for the Sens. If it?s through Toronto, it?s easier for them because I would expect Ottawa to win that series. If it has to go through Montreal, that?s a tough one too. Like I said anyone can win in the playoffs, especially in the East.

In the last 7 yrs, here?s the list of Prince of Wales Trophy winners:
    2009-10 ? Philly
    2010-11 ? Boston
    2011-12 ? NJD
    2012-13 ? Boston
    2013-14 ? NYR
    2014-15 ? TBL
    2015-16 ? Penguins
    Crazy the diversity there.

Dobber Sports Sage

What's going on with these guys? 5 losses in their last 7. Shutout two games in a row now... wishing I didn't just go out and acquire Anderson.

- - - Updated - - -

What's going on with these guys? 5 losses in their last 7. Shutout two games in a row now... wishing I didn't just go out and acquire Anderson.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That's not right. They're 3-2-2 in their last 7. Didn't watch the game tonight but they started Hammond for a change and just couldn't score last two games. They played well in buffalo. Really nothing to worry about, just ups and downs of the season. Anderson will definitely reward you, he will start very soon.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ottawa?s last 7:
    7-6OTL CBJ, 3-0W Caps, 3-2OTL Flames, 6-5L Panthers, 5-2W Bolts, 0-4L Sabres, 6-0L STL
    2-3-2