Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Chicago Blackhawks

How has Schmaltz looked? I'm starting to lose faith in his ability to be fantasy relevant this year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    How has Schmaltz looked? I'm starting to lose faith in his ability to be fantasy relevant this year.
    Schmaltz is looking better and better. Not sure what you are expecting from him but my confidence in him is growing.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Schmaltz is looking better and better. Not sure what you are expecting from him but my confidence in him is growing.
    I dunno, 40 points this year? Probably too much unless he gets top 6 minutes and some PP time. What is his long-term outlook? Does he have 60+ upside?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sage

Schmaltz has been sent down to Rockford and Lars Johansson has been called up.

Schmaltz is struggling but nothing has changed his outlook as a top 6 forward. Surprised Hinostrova was not sent down since he is struggling worse from my eye test.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

Toews has been invisible since he has come back from his injury. He's been knocked down several times in the last few games which is something that you hardly ever see. I don't know if his back is still bothering him or what but he is not a threat at all and I have been specifically watching him every shift. Some people are suggesting that we are starting to see Mike Richards 2.0.

Dobber Sports Sage

There was some discussion in a different thread about the Blackhawks lines posted in Dobber's Guide. This article http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/w...opening-night/ is a good writeup about the lines. The beat writer has Schmaltz centering Kane and Sharp with Anisimov centering the 3rd line. I'd still predict Anisimov centering Kane and Sharp. We'll see.

Dobber Sports Monster

I read on another board that was speculating that Toews and Kane didn't like Panarin and wanted him out of Chicago so this more or less squashes that!

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...ue-jackets-nhl

Fans weren’t the only ones upset by the Chicago Blackhawks trading winger Artemi Panarinto the Columbus Blue Jackets in June. Panarin’s linemates Artem Anisimov and Patrick Kane voiced their displeasure on the move Friday during the opening day of its 10th annual convention at the downtown Hilton in Chicago.‘‘I’d be lying to you if I was sitting up here saying I wasn’t disappointed when it first went down, no doubt about it,’’ Kane said via Chicago Sun Times. ‘‘Artemi’s a great kid, someone I got along with really well off the ice and had that chemistry with on the ice. It was just fun to play with him every night. I’ll miss him, for sure.’’
    Anisimov didn’t like seeing his linemate and countrymen sent to his former team in Columbus.
    ‘‘I was shocked, actually,’’ Anisimov said. ‘‘It’s hard to see my close friend going to my old team. But on the ice, when we play each other, I’m going to try to hit him and do whatever it takes to win the game.’’
    It’s no surprise the duo were upset by the trade as they had the most productive seasons of their careers with Panarin. Anisimov scored 42 points in 2015-16 before tying a career high in goals (22) and a career high in points (44) this past season. Kane won the Hart Trophy and scoring title in 2015-16 then recorded 89 points in his final season with Panarin.
    Anisimov and Kane could stay on the Hawks’ second line together with reacquired winger Patrick Sharp or Ryan Hartman filling in at left wing, or Nick Schmaltz could man the No. 2 center role and bump Anisimov to the third line. Coach Joel Quenneville is already gleefully mulling over his various options.
    “Every day you write down different combinations. You look at probability, the likelihood of who will be compatible with who,” Quenneville said during the convention via CSN Chicago. “So I think it will be fun trying to go through that process, not just on paper, but when you get them together and out there playing. We certainly have a lot of options up front.”

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I read on another board that was speculating that Toews and Kane didn't like Panarin and wanted him out of Chicago so this more or less squashes that!
    I don't believe any of that for a second. Toews and Kane said they wanted Saad back but I have never heard anything about them wanting Panarin traded. I have seen two interviews of Kane where he said he was disappointed that Panarin was traded.

LOL- I wouldn't listen to anything that person said about the Hawks moving forward.

Dobber Sports Monster

I don't believe any of that for a second. Toews and Kane said they wanted Saad back but I have never heard anything about them wanting Panarin traded. I have seen two interviews of Kane where he said he was disappointed that Panarin was traded.

LOL- I wouldn't listen to anything that person said about the Hawks moving forward.
    just some random poster commenting on another board, i didnt think it were true but for fun (plus i was bored lol) i started digging up articles to see if anything eluded to that and found this.

i like what anisimov said lol, ‘‘It’s hard to see my close friend going to my old team. But on the ice, when we play each other, I’m going to try to hit him and do whatever it takes to win the game.’’

Dobber Sports Sage

Lines to start the season IMO:

1st-Toews/Panik/Saad
    2nd- Schmaltz/Kane/Debrincat
    3rd- Anisimov/Sharp/Hayden
    4th- Kero or Kampf/Hartman/Wingels

A lot of flexibility and depth with these lines. Hayden has looked very good in camp and should get looks in the top 6 at some point. Hartman should not be a 4th line player but who does he bump? Sharp is useless on the 4th line. Hino, Jurco, Bouma, and Dauphin get sent to the AHL or are cut.

A couple other notes-
    Debrincat has definitely earned a 9-game start to the season. Everything you read about him finding the soft spots and being a goal scorer has been on display in this camp.

Schmaltz was at a 54 pt pace after he came back from his AHL stint last season. He has been very good with Kane in camp. I would not be surprised if he ends up with a 56-58 pointt season.

Forsberg has looked very good in goal. He is a good player to stream for a start or to scoop up if Crawford gets hurt.

Will anyone be surprised if Tootoo, Bouma, and Wingels make the final roster?

I have no idea about defensive pairings. Ruuta has looked good and should find himself on the roster. Forsling has not progressed and needs more time in the AHL. Franson has looked slow and made some turnovers but has looked decent on the PP and makes enough positive plays to overcome his mistakes. I think these are the dmen pairings to start the season:
    Keith, Murphy
    Seabrook, Kempny
    Franson, Ruuta
    Pokka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Any news concerning Cody Franson?

What kind of usage could we expect if he signs?
    15 teams full keeper league, NHL Salary cap + 10M$ (Cap hit)
    ROTO - Weekly lineups
    Cats : P, SOG, PPP, TKA, Hit, Blk, W, SV%
    12FW, 6D, 2G
    C: Eichel, Tavares, Rasmussen, Zacha
    W: Ehlers, Mantha, Caufield, Marner, Raymond, Tippett, Tuch
    D: Byram, Clifton, Fabbro, Hamilton, Hughes, Matheson, Schneider
    G: Grubauer, Forsberg, Francouz (minor eligible)

IR: Wilson, Couturier, Arvidsson, Chychrun

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I heard that there was dislike for Panarin from his Hawks teammates. I went to the morning skate when the Hawks visited Toronto last season and was actually kind of shocked that there seemed to be quite a bit of animosity between Kane and Panarin. At one point it looked like Kane rifled a puck at Panarin intentionally, and at another they seemed to get into a bit of a heated argument. Now, this could have been a bad day between them -- could have had an argument that morning or the day before, who knows? All I do know is that they did not seem like they were very friendly with each other on the ice that day.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if I heard that there was dislike for Panarin from his Hawks teammates. I went to the morning skate when the Hawks visited Toronto last season and was actually kind of shocked that there seemed to be quite a bit of animosity between Kane and Panarin. At one point it looked like Kane rifled a puck at Panarin intentionally, and at another they seemed to get into a bit of a heated argument. Now, this could have been a bad day between them -- could have had an argument that morning or the day before, who knows? All I do know is that they did not seem like they were very friendly with each other on the ice that day.
    I just think this would have been reported or rumored in some fashion if it were true. This is the first place I have ever read any of these things.

I have heard all sorts of reports and rumors about all the other stars on the team.

Dobber Sports Sage

Haven't seen this reported on this site:

New Hawks Lines
    Toews, Saad, Debrincat
    Schmaltz, Kane, Panik
    Anisimov, Sharp, Hayden
    Bourma Wingels Hartman

Keith Rutta
    Forsling Seabrook
    Kempny Murphy

Hartman is an immediate drop in shallow, 1-year leagues. Seabrook is close behind. Love what I am seeing from Hayden this year.

Dobber Sports Sage

New lines again
    Toews, Kane, Sharp
    Anisimov, Saad, Panik
    Schmaltz, Debrincat, Hartman
    Bouma, Wingels, Hayden