Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    I love Kaner, but good lord he seems like a giant douche.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Monster

By moving Bolland and Frolik ( easy parts to replace) the Hawks secure future talent and also great opportunties for Pirri and Morin in 2013-14. I like the moves made today. Free up some money, cycle in the promising kids, all is well my friends Love it!

Hawks first round pick ( Ryan Hartman) is a heart and soul type of player, grinder with great offensive upside. He's also a Chicago boy. Love this pick!!

Bowman indicates they will re-sign both Leddy and Kruger.

Dobber Sports Monster

In addition to the trades opening up opportunity for Pirri and Morin, the Hawks could still be players in free agecy and on a larger scale looking down the road a bit, both Kane and Toews aren't far away from needing new deals.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm late to the party here but congrats on the Cup, a great draft in my opinion and being able to re-sign Bickell when a lot of opposing fans had them on their team for the 2013-14 season.

Classy thank you in the Boston papers as well. Much respect.

Can't believe you got Hartman.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    In addition to the trades opening up opportunity for Pirri and Morin, the Hawks could still be players in free agecy and on a larger scale looking down the road a bit, both Kane and Toews aren't far away from needing new deals.
    Next year Crawford and Hjamarlsson are up and in two years #19 and #88 are up. All these players have to be resigned and I don't see how everyone can be kept. Which core player leaves in a couple years when Toews and Kane are paid 8 M each? Sharp? Bickell? Bickell's deal is somewhat backloaded. I don't think they'll be a player at all in free agency because of this unless you are talking about a 1-year deal like Rozsival this year. Also, last year the Hawks were 2.8 M under the cap and 3.8 M under the previous year so I don't assume they'll go to the cap.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bickell's deal being backloaded doesn't matter at all, as cap hit is the only thing that matters for a filthy rich owner like Wirtz.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    Next year Crawford and Hjamarlsson are up and in two years #19 and #88 are up. All these players have to be resigned and I don't see how everyone can be kept. Which core player leaves in a couple years when Toews and Kane are paid 8 M each? Sharp? Bickell? Bickell's deal is somewhat backloaded. I don't think they'll be a player at all in free agency because of this unless you are talking about a 1-year deal like Rozsival this year. Also, last year the Hawks were 2.8 M under the cap and 3.8 M under the previous year so I don't assume they'll go to the cap.

First we don't know what he cap will look like exactly and we don't know what / if Hawks make any trades, so its premature to speculate to much into the future here.

I expect Pirri, Hayes ,Smith, Morin to be up this year filling roles from the departed Frolik / Bolland. Teravainin and Hartman a tick downt he road as well. Also Clendening isn't far off.

Hawks will certainly have to sign a player or two in this off season. Maybe a couple one-year deals to plug holes.

For now I am excited. We lost Frolik and Bolland and as important as they were to the cup run, they can be replaced. Bowman is gonna cycle up the kids and see how they shake out. You keep your core and cycle the kids up. So far it's worked fairly well for the Hawks over the past few years. I think the Hawks are gonna be just as dominate next year as they were this year, although the streak they had to start the year this year won't happen again anytime soon.

The present remains bright and the future remains just as bright.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It infuriates me how well run this organization is.

Win a cup, trade pieces away for picks before they lose complete value or their contracts become an issue. Re-stock cupboards with solid acquisitions.

Three years later, rinse and repeat.

****ers...lol.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    First we don't know what he cap will look like exactly and we don't know what / if Hawks make any trades, so its premature to speculate to much into the future here.

I expect Pirri, Hayes ,Smith, Morin to be up this year filling roles from the departed Frolik / Bolland. Teravainin and Hartman a tick downt he road as well. Also Clendening isn't far off.

Hawks will certainly have to sign a player or two in this off season. Maybe a couple one-year deals to plug holes.

For now I am excited. We lost Frolik and Bolland and as important as they were to the cup run, they can be replaced. Bowman is gonna cycle up the kids and see how they shake out. You keep your core and cycle the kids up. So far it's worked fairly well for the Hawks over the past few years. I think the Hawks are gonna be just as dominate next year as they were this year, although the streak they had to start the year this year won't happen again anytime soon.

The present remains bright and the future remains just as bright.
    Agreed Shake.

The model is to have the core and use ELC players and 1-year vets to fill out the roster. By drafting well you continually get production from lowpriced youngsters- Bickell, Saad, Shaw, Kruger, and even Leddy. When those players get too expensive, trade and recycle or in the case of Bickell they become part of the core. And look at the help the Hawks have coming in the future- Pirri, Leblanc, Morin, Hayes, Denault, McNeil, Clendening, Hartman, ect.....

Really Toews and Kane won't be getting huge raises since they already make 6.3.

@Bondon- LOL- awesome post.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Hawks re-sign Nick Leddy to a two-year deal. The terms have not been announced yet. Happy he's staying in Chicago, still alot of growth in his game to come.

Ray Emery is on the verge of re-signing with the Hawks as well.

Dobber Sports Monster

Big loss for the Hawks today.

Stephane Waite leaves as the Hawks goaltending coach to have the same role with Montreal.

Dobber Sports Monster

Grabovski would be a great fit for Chicago. Doubtful we can be players for his services but I'd like to see them take a shot for him.

Dobber Sports Monster

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 5m

#Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy's new contract is worth $5.4 million over two years.

I like it.

Dobber Sports Monster

Emery seemed likely to re-sign with the Hawks but it appears he's gonna get a better deal and opportunity to start elsewhere. It's now doubtful he'll return to Chicago.

Dobber Sports Monster

Not sure why we let Ray Emery walk over to Philadelphia for a 1-year deal @ $1.65m and then sign Khabibulin to a 1-year deal later in the day. Seems to me we should of just paid the $1.65 to keep Emery in the fold.