Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Monster

It just passed midnight so its technically Monday. Hawks game is tonight and we will force a game 7!!

Chicago vs LA in the Eastern Conference Final. Book it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    It just passed midnight so its technically Monday. Hawks game is tonight and we will force a game 7!!

Chicago vs LA in the Eastern Conference Final. Book it.
    I hope you're right Shake. This is the first time I've been nervous in these playoffs.

Curious to see what Q does with the lines. I've often wondered why #19, 88, and 10 didn't skate together more often. Before Toews got concussed last year, that line was absolutely dominant. Just goes to show how much a 2nd line center would help the Hawks. 19, 88, 10 and a 2nd line with 81, 20, and a real #2 center. Then you come with a shutdown line 3 with Bolland and a gritty 4th. That would be a great flow of lines but they have been chasing all season due to the hole at #2 center.

Going into the playoffs I thought the Hawks would make it to the conference finals but ultimately fall to LA or Pittsburgh. Overall, I'm just not ready for their season to be over.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Hope Toews is ok. I don't think its a head injury, I think its an arm/shoulder injury.

Great bounce back game from Crawford!

ONE MORE WIN!!! Close out games are the hardest.

Dobber Sports Icon

Major props to the Blackhawks and all their fans. The team was classy and the fan base was classy during these finals. It was nice to see a team that plays the game with respect.

The series was an amazing one to watch. I feel that it easily could have went either way. I hold no grudges and have a new found respect for the Blackhawks franchise. In a tight series, I usually tend to walk away with a dislike for the opponent. But that was not the case this time.

Congrats to all of the Blackhawks fans on these boards. Enjoy your Cup, you deserve it. Just keep in mind we will be coming after it again next year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Major props to the Blackhawks and all their fans. The team was classy and the fan base was classy during these finals. It was nice to see a team that plays the game with respect.

The series was an amazing one to watch. I feel that it easily could have went either way. I hold no grudges and have a new found respect for the Blackhawks franchise. In a tight series, I usually tend to walk away with a dislike for the opponent. But that was not the case this time.

Congrats to all of the Blackhawks fans on these boards. Enjoy your Cup, you deserve it. Just keep in mind we will be coming after it again next year.

Indeed it was amazing, just great hockey all around, even during some of the sloppy moments the drama of it all was insane. Boston is a damn good team ( a franchise that I like), just as well could of beaten Chicago. The Final lived up to what I think it should be like. Both teams battling tooth and nail, fighting through injuries for a common goal of winning. The intensity was absolutely fantastic!

Dobber Sports Monster

Look for Bolland to get dealt at some point.

Dave Bolland is reportedly available on the trade market.
    According to insiders, Bob McKenzie and Pierre LeBrun, the Blackhawks are shopping Bolland. Bolland netted the game-winning goal in Game 6 to help Chicago win the Stanley Cup. The Hawks are probably trying to move salary to retain potential unrestricted free agent Bryan Bickell and they do have Andrew Shaw ready to assume more responsibilities at center.
    Related: Bryan Bickell, Andrew Shaw
    Source: Bob McKenzie on Twitter
    Jun 27 - 12:23 PM

In addition to Bolland trade rumors, Steve Montador and Rotislav Olesz will be bought out.

Bryan Bickell mentioned he's willing to take a hometown discount to remain a Blackhawk

Dobber Sports Monster

Hossa COULD require back surgery. Hopefully not.

Marian Hossa thinks his injured back may require surgery.
    A disc in his back was pushing up against a nerve, which caused one of his legs to go numb, and it was the reason why he missed Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals. "I may need surgery or another shot," he said Thursday.
    Source: Chris Kuc on Twitter
    Jun 27 - 1:49 PM

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post

@4T2- I went into this series with a lot of dislike for the Bruins but I came away with so much respect for them. While I'll never be a fan of Lucic, I understand what he brings to the table. And Krejci is a bitch! You guys have a great 1-2 punch w/Bergeron and Krejci. And what can you say about Bergeron? What an absolute warrior. He's one of my favorite players now.

I know it is easy to say these things after your team won but I started acknowledging this as the series went on. It changed from "I would hating losing to Boston" to "I would hate losing." I used to say that the teams I hate the most are Vancouver followed by Boston. Now it's just Vancouver.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

You can watch today's parade here ( right now). http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks-parade

Dobber Sports Monster

Think this city loves it's team?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Holy crap, that's a lot of people!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Monster

Some more Stanley Cup Celebration pictures including Kaner in a Parrot hat at Jimmy Buffet concert. Yikes.

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune...ett-5-20130629

Dobber Sports Sage

Some more Stanley Cup Celebration pictures including Kaner in a Parrot hat at Jimmy Buffet concert. Yikes.

It amazes me how everyone just wants to take a picture.

Dobber Sports Sage

Hawk pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Padawan

I love Kaner, but good lord he seems like a giant douche.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak