Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Monster

I am so happy the Hawks did not go ape shit with signing players today. Obviously they can't do to much ( which is good) but still, I love the way this team is building itself for now and long term. Really the last sort of bad deal was Marian Hossa and we cannot say that it was " bad" with 2 Stanley Cups.

Stan Bowman and the Hawks are doing it the right way. Build the core then chip in some short-term deals along the way to round out the roster, draft well and then develop. Not re-building or re-tooling through overpriced signings in free agency. We're on our way to keeping this team extremely competitive long-term.

The Hawks are doing exactly what Detroit has done for years. We're on the same model. Oh and we also have Scotty Bowman in-house who was part of Detroit for all those years....
    Last edited by Shake; July 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Not sure why we let Ray Emery walk over to Philadelphia for a 1-year deal @ $1.65m and then sign Khabibulin to a 1-year deal later in the day. Seems to me we should of just paid the $1.65 to keep Emery in the fold.
    I think Emery wanted the chance to be a number one goalie again, a chance he wasn't going to get in Chicago.

I don't mind the Khabibulin signing. He provides some stability from the backup position in case Crawford goes down. I think Hawks management were probably a little nervous putting that responsibility solely on Raanta's shoulders.

I would like to see them add a centre though. I don't feel comfortable with Hanzus being our number two C. Who's available? No idea, and I doubt anything happens... and really everyone's been saying they need a #2 C for years, but lo and behold the Hawks are Cup Champions again, so what do we know?
    Last edited by The Guvnah; July 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    I think Emery wanted the chance to be a number one goalie again, a chance he wasn't going to get in Chicago.

I don't mind the Khabibulin signing. He provides some stability from the backup position in case Crawford goes down. I think Hawks management were probably a little nervous putting that responsibility solely on Raanta's shoulders.

I would like to see them add a centre though. I don't feel comfortable with Hanzus being our number two C. Who's available? No idea, and I doubt anything happens... and really everyone's been saying they need a #2 C for years, but lo and behold the Hawks are Cup Champions again, so what do we know?

I'd be happy as hell if they could find a way to sign Grabo. He'd fit in real nice. I would not count that out as an option. Could happen.

The Wolverine

Would they consider making Sharp their #2 C?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    This question has been talked about for the last 3 years by Hawk fans. Sharp has said he would play he #2 C if asked but the team keeps him at wing where Sharp would prefer to play. Sharp was at #2 C in 2010 when they won the Cup.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    More than likely the answer is no. They'll mix-and-match players down the middle quite a bit. Sharpie may get some time there at small durations of time, but not in the large scheme of things.

Handzus will probably start the year off as the 2C ( but I do not like him as 2C, but as mentioned I think based on matchups and player performance things will change quite a bit at 2C throughout the year. Kruger/Shaw will be 3C/4C Also be aware of Brandon Pirri getting some looks at 3C/4C and if he sticks that could bump up Kruger or even Shaw to 2C.

Yes they will re-sign Kruger. They are close to a new contract agreement.
    Last edited by Shake; July 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM.

The Wolverine

Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Monster

Here's a good piece on Day 2 of camp so far. Take note that Raanta and Hartman will not be participating due to injury ( Raanta has minor lower body injury and Hartman is coming off surgery).

http://thecommittedindian.com/campin...prospect-camp/

Dobber Sports Monster

Some interesting comments today from Bowman

Bowman says he wants to get Q's contract extention done before training camp.

Bowman indicated signing Kruger is close to being done. Coach Q hininted that Handzus is not automatically 2nd line center. Brandon Pirri will most likely get 1st shot, Handzus more of a fall back option at 2C.

Bowman indicates Hossa will be healthy at training camp, back surgery wasn't ? isn't required for his injury.

Bowman made mention of McNeill, LeBlanc, Danault as guys " knocking on the door" at training camp.

So basically, expect Pirri , McNeil, Danult and LeBlanc ( will be signed) to get real long looks in camp. Pirri as the standout and on the Hawks team in 2013-14.
    Last edited by Shake; July 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Do you expect Saad and Bickell to rotate as the 4th winger on the top 2 lines?

Though between Hossa and Sharp, there will be enough games missed that they'll both see some decent offensive minutes I assume.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Do you expect Saad and Bickell to rotate as the 4th winger on the top 2 lines?

Though between Hossa and Sharp, there will be enough games missed that they'll both see some decent offensive minutes I assume.
    Absolutely.

They paid Bickell a nice penny, he'll play up top 1-2 lines all year. Same for Saad. Saad will probably bounce around amongst all 3 lines, more than Bickell will.

Coach Q will always mix up lines on the fly though.

Dobber Sports Monster

Kruger is re-signed to a two-year deal. Very excited. His game is getting better and better.

Dobber Sports Sage

From reports I've read it sounds like Stephen Johns (D) and John Hayden (C) have really impressed at the prospect camp. Keep in mind that TT, Hartmen, Pirri, LeBlanc, and Raanta did not participate in the camp.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

not sure if you guys saw this but Hossa won't have to have surgery:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...ago-blackhawks

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    not sure if you guys saw this but Hossa won't have to have surgery:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...ago-blackhawks

Yeah thanks Mcgoo, I posted it higher up on the page in my July 12th post.

Good looking out though