Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Chicago Blackhawks

Often times, I just don't understand what coach Quenneville is thinking. The Blackhawks have three capable right-handed D-men who could play alongside Keith: Seabrook, Rutta and Murphy. But instead of them, he chooses a left-handed shot who is like #8 on their depth chart: Oesterle. That, in turn, forces two of their right-handed shots (Seabrook and Murphy) to play on the same pair. That just feels like a punishment towards Keith especially but maybe towards those three right-handed shot D-men as well.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Often times, I just don't understand what coach Quenneville is thinking. The Blackhawks have three capable right-handed D-men who could play alongside Keith: Seabrook, Rutta and Murphy. But instead of them, he chooses a left-handed shot who is like #8 on their depth chart: Oesterle. That, in turn, forces two of their right-handed shots (Seabrook and Murphy) to play on the same pair. That just feels like a punishment towards Keith especially but maybe towards those three right-handed shot D-men as well.
    What I've been seeing is that Osterle has been playing the most minutes of everyone. Q loves the kid.

Dobber Sports Expert

ERIK GUSTAFSSON I see was called up and noticed he's been on the 1st PP a bit. I know he's always shown the offensive side but what is his outlook do you think?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    LOL- I just saw this now. Most Hawk observers have questioned Q's lineups throughout his tenure. He played TVR last year regardless of his countless blunders. Kempny would play well and then have a turnover and then get scratched for 5 games. He has scratched Murphy several times this year and he is easily one of their 2 best dmen. He plays Ruutu and Forsling together and he has consistently given Forsling awful start zones. Fans question that he is trying to make a point to Bowman about the Hammer trade. By the way, Hammer has been hurt and inconsistent this season. And to talk about forwards, people don't know why Debrincat is not put in better scoring slots.

Many Hawk fans are hoping that Q is replaced this offseason. The national hockey pundits will criticize the move but it is deserved IMO. Since 2015, the team has either underachieved or was a fraud (2017). I have always thought Q was overrated. He has been a good to very good coach when his team was loaded. He took a young core of 3 HOFers in their prime and a near-prime Hossa to 3 Cups when Bowman was able to give him a deep roster. He has not been flexible and has not been able to work with players who didn't "fit" his system. When I see people say he is the 2nd-best coach in the NHL behind Babcock I just shake my head.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    LOL- I just saw this now. Most Hawk observers have questioned Q's lineups throughout his tenure. He played TVR last year regardless of his countless blunders. Kempny would play well and then have a turnover and then get scratched for 5 games. He has scratched Murphy several times this year and he is easily one of their 2 best dmen. He plays Ruutu and Forsling together and he has consistently given Forsling awful start zones. Fans question that he is trying to make a point to Bowman about the Hammer trade. By the way, Hammer has been hurt and inconsistent this season. And to talk about forwards, people don't know why Debrincat is not put in better scoring slots.

Many Hawk fans are hoping that Q is replaced this offseason. The national hockey pundits will criticize the move but it is deserved IMO. Since 2015, the team has either underachieved or was a fraud (2017). I have always thought Q was overrated. He has been a good to very good coach when his team was loaded. He took a young core of 3 HOFers in their prime and a near-prime Hossa to 3 Cups when Bowman was able to give him a deep roster. He has not been flexible and has not been able to work with players who didn't "fit" his system. When I see people say he is the 2nd-best coach in the NHL behind Babcock I just shake my head.
    I agree its time for a new chapter in Chicago.
    It was Babcock time to go in Detroit too.
    I think Q can still bring alot to a team close.... hmmm Edmonton?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    I agree its time for a new chapter in Chicago.
    It was Babcock time to go in Detroit too.
    I think Q can still bring alot to a team close.... hmmm Edmonton?
    I am a firm believer that after a number of years the message gets stale and a new voice and vision is needed. Has any coach in the NHL lasted more than 10 years?
    And I have no doubt that Q will get scooped up and will probably have some success. He would be best on a talented, veteran team that lacks leadership. Off the top of my head, he would be great in a place like St Louis, Anaheim, Boston, or Dallas.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Expert

Wonder if he'd even consider taking on Habs challenge.
    Would have to get major control for sure.
    And yes he speaks French.

Administrator

Is Kampf the new Marcus Kruger?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Will the Blackhawks ever win again with Toews and P.Kane on the roster??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Will the Blackhawks ever win again with Toews and P.Kane on the roster??
    Probably not. At least this will make it easier to replace Q at the end of the season. Wonder if Sikura signs now.

3 Cups in that time period was definitely impressive nonetheless!!

Dobber Sports Sage

Debrincat now has 26 goals and 22 assists this year. This a very good rookie season and it might be getting overshadowed. Look at his linemates this season:

28.4% DEBRINCAT,ALEX - HARTMAN,RYAN - SHARP,PATRICK
    24.2% DEBRINCAT,ALEX - DUCLAIR,ANTHONY - TOEWS,JONATHAN
    19.7% DEBRINCAT,ALEX - SAAD,BRANDON - TOEWS,JONATHAN
    14.8% ANISIMOV,ARTEM - DEBRINCAT,ALEX - SHARP,PATRICK
    13% DEBRINCAT,ALEX - KAMPF,DAVID - SHARP,PATRICK

He has done all of this WITHOUT playing with Kane. Plus, he is getting less than 15 minutes per game. Q has definitely not showcased Debrincat. It will be interesting to see what a new coach does next season. The two best playmakers on the Hawks are Kane and Schmaltz and Debrincat has had practically no exposure to either of them.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Who watched the game? Just looking at the box score, there are some interesting things...

Sikura made his NHL debut and scored his first points. Ejdsell got his first career point, Delia made his NHL debut, they had to use their emergency backup goalie...? Someone, please share what you saw in this game.

Ohhhhhhhhh my this game was entertaining..

So Forsberg was slated to start the game between the pipes but he got hurt playing soccer before the game.. So the Hawks have a emergency goalie that comes to all their games, as they give him tickets and supper and they watch but bring their goalie gear.. So he is called and he dresses as the backup.. Then in the 3rd period, what was supposed to backup goalie(Delia) gets hurt(cramping) and they bring in SCOTT FOSTER, a accountant who lives in Chicago, originally from Sarnia Ontario..

Foster looked like a goalie we all face in rec hockey on a nightly basis, it was awesome.. He made 7 or 8 saves to close out the game.. The crowd was chanting "Foster Foster Foster" at 2 or 3 different occasions.. The Blackhawks mobbed Foster after the game on the ice.. It was really funny..

Administrator

Foster for 2018-19 backup?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust