Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

The Great One

Default Re: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    How many former players have even adequately performed hockey ops jobs? Yzerman and Hextall. That's basically the whole list and they pretty much worked up from scratch as opposed to just being handed jobs.
    Former players sometimes do really well in upper management.

Yzerman and Hextall is just the tip of the iceberg in hockey.

Lots of examples in hockey and other sports.

Plus, Leetch and Richards becoming 'hockey ops advisors' is them putting in their time and learning the ropes and eventually transition to other higher level positions.

Hextall was "handed" director of player personnel in LA (and earned his promotion(s)) waaaaaaaaay before he became GM of Philly

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lol.

Criticize move = troll. Got it.

Thin-skinned much?

The difference from the players you're naming and the current moves NHL teams are making is those guys learned and worked their way up to jobs they performed well in, as opposed to just being handed jobs with no experience just because.

You're making a lot of really terrible counter-arguments with basically no relevance. Yes I can definitely see how Christopher Columbus has bearing on this topic. Maybe you're trolling? I think you're trolling. Notmally the first response of people who are defensive and start trolling is to call the other person a troll just for making, you know, relevant points.
    You can call me whatever you want mate. It really doesn't phase me as I come here seeking opinion with some substance behind it. Claiming that Yzerman and Hextall are the only ones to perform adequately is a troll move because its patently false.

Are you still claiming they are the ONLY ones ?

Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Also for the record

How do humans get experience until they actually do the job ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Courtesy of the NYP

Brian Leetch doesn’t know what he’s doing, but he’s ready for it

http://nypost.com/2017/09/07/brian-l...-ready-for-it/

“They’re pretty much leaving it to me to find something that I want to put more time into and see if I want to do this going forward more and more each year,” Leetch said. “But it’s up to me to try to figure that out.”

“It’s not like I have a defined role,” Leetch said. “I think it’s my job to learn as much as I can about the organization, about the players, and then if there is an opportunity to give my opinion and help some players along the way, that would be great.”

Best of luck Brian

Dobber Sports Stud

There is an article that coach AV said the NYR are still in the "window" for a cup. While that might gain some eyeballs, the more interesting part of the piece was near the bottom

Look no further than Vigneault saying stay-at-home veteran Marc Staal “is fighting for a spot and minutes.”

Staal is fighting for a spot.

Thats the writing on the wall

It allows NY to keep Holden and opens the door to DeAngelo to prove he belongs

good news for this NYR fan as I was hoping Staal was gone and not DG

http://nypost.com/2017/09/14/rangers...up-comparison/

Dobber Sports Superstar

good read thanks I like it he gets right to the facts especially regarding Stepan trade telling the others it's their time. Looks like we will see Mika Hayes Miller Desharnais down the middle. Though I do not like anything regarding Cup being thrown out there anytime the defense is deep as it gets in today's NHL. Shattenkirk can really get the thing up ice and they are going to come with full tilt speed. I still want to see if any kids particularly Lias can crack the roster. If they shift JT to center full time then reinforcements on wing needed from somewhere in organization. Whatever happens to Staal so be it but I love him absolute warrior for this team. Sure he is not as competent as younger days but I still immense confidence as third pairing in fact like it a lot. Henrik gets helped out by this depth too and hopefully not left exposed as often as season prior. Smith is going to be so important to this team have lacked that real nasty edge defender for quite some time who can skate.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Stud

Another good piece with the Staal story as the headline from the Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.3496524

I agree that I like Staal on the bottom pairing but the cap hit makes it a tough pill to swallow

Maybe having a fire lit under his @$$ is the incentive Marc needs to rise his game. The team can use his leadership not to mention the Staal of a few seasons ago

also a good blurb about Buchnevich "No back issues," Vigneault said. "Condition-wise, he's followed the plan to the letter to what he was given. For me, a young player that had, we all saw the skill-set and the potential. Looking forward to seeing what he's gonna bring to the table."

Dobber Sports Superstar

need to see something from Nieves tonight excited to watch DeAngelo/Andersson
    Girouxsalem

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Stud

Just started watching the game

Graves looks great so far back there on the left side. Good gap control, nice first step and great stretch passes

Dobber Sports Stud

Pionk looked rather well tuned, then took a high physical hit from Clutterbuck and wilted. Granted he was out there on the ensuing powerplay but I think he needs some further seasoning. Then again he is right handed and NY is in need of them...

Liked what I saw from Lias Andersson. Nice stick work, good physical play and he gave as much as he got when it came to standing up to Mayfield.

Boo needed to take that shot on the open shot opportunity he had. I think Desjardins has the inside shot at the lower line physical pivot position, but there is still plenty of time for Boo to step it up.

DeAngelo had a nice open look at Halak, just didn't bury it. He has a very impressive second gear with the puck coming out of the zone.

Dobber Sports Stud

Really like this Fontaine kid too. He can really rip one and is quick on his skates as well.

Lettieri can skate very well too. He also looked very comfortable on the right point during the PP in the 2nd period

Pavelec didn't overly impress me, but then again the Icelanders didn't really provide much offense

Farnham looks like a very good agitator, but didn't really get enough of a look. I do like the chirping however...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Andersson stick skills phenomenal and nonstop internal engine love it, talk of the Chytil kid by Kreider at camp saying how smooth and skilled he is I am excited for that kid not taliked about much but serious skill, Gorton drafted Krejci for Boston he likes those slick Czechs. Nieves is ready IMO as fourth line defense first center, he is also a good skater and that size is real nice. Reads plays well read a behind the net play before the past was sent swooned in stole the pass in motion and moved up ice in fluid fashion. Pionk impressed me like his game, DeAngelo def has the Letang flair with the puck in the offensive zone. Farnham tries unfortunately he is a sparse call up IMO like a Glass. Miller is def going to be a center this year prob third line so I think we see a very even dispersal of lines this year I am talking like 25% of the game for each line.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Stud

Gorton has 3 million in wiggle room, so perhaps they wait to land a pivot closer to the deadline. Then shift JT over to wing because I think the offense is going to suffer a bit and they can use his offense along the wall.

Boo did not impress me over the first couple of periods, but in the 3rd and OT he was a factor. I hope he makes the team and takes the 4th line job. However AV loves the veterans so my hunch is that he goes with Desjardins.

Regarding Pionk, the kid can take a hit. I'll give him that. Plus he can skate very well. I worry that he will wear down over the course of a season.

Lias was impressive and I am very much looking forward to watching Chytil

Dobber Sports Superstar

Chytil in tonight. Kreider and Vesey impressed with the skill he possesses for such a young age.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Schmaltz

Dobber Sports Stud

Chytil looked very smooth out there. Heads up, quick on his skates and puts himself in good position both to distribute as well as receive the puck in stride. A little spindly and could certainly use some more muscle mass to withstand the rigors of NHL hockey. Remembering that both he and Lias are adjusting to the new rink size. Chytil also has some language issues as well.

Hayes, Kreider and Smith all played very well despite it being preseason. Hank looked quick as was reported as being very light, in fact almost the same weight he played at when he was 19 years old.

Enjoyed watching Puempel throw some punches, kid is tough and must feel he has a real shot at making the club out of camp. Apparently Puempel decided to retaliate for an elbow thrown earlier v Tambellini.

so apparently sticks and faceoffs are penalties but crosschecks are ok. I don't mind the officials making calls but letting crosschecks go, while stick slashing is called ? That's poor decision making, call them both