Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

funny, I feel the same way about Holden
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Deangelo is gravy
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't mind Holden i think he was designated the scapegoat this year but guy comes in puts up thirty plus points all he cost was a fourth rounder even Roy told Gorton he raped Colorado on that one lol. DeAngelo I know nothing about besides what is said that he has offensive flair but defensively deficient which we know does not fly with AV. He is the new Clendening I am betting but may be used more as he is young and gives PP2 a dynamic QB.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Stud

Holden was defensively vulnerable down the stretch last season. He jumped into the play nicely and provided some surprise upside. I hope he learned his lesson and comes in ready to play a full slate of 82 games next season.

Deangelo is RH and has the puck skills. I doubt he will be worse than MDZ, remember his turnovers ? yuck.

I think the kid starts the season in Hartford and gets the callup when he displays a propensity to play the defensive system NY requires, but who knows maybe he comes into camp and just takes the job. NY needs another RHD

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Holden was defensively vulnerable down the stretch last season. He jumped into the play nicely and provided some surprise upside. I hope he learned his lesson and comes in ready to play a full slate of 82 games next season.

Deangelo is RH and has the puck skills. I doubt he will be worse than MDZ, remember his turnovers ? yuck.

I think the kid starts the season in Hartford and gets the callup when he displays a propensity to play the defensive system NY requires, but who knows maybe he comes into camp and just takes the job. NY needs another RHD

yes down the stretch he started to wane no doubt but overall I think he was a real nice addition along w/ Smith (love this guy). They should make a youtube cringe video of just MDZ turnovers...brutal. Love to see DeAngelo make the team this year especially since they traded my favorite player sending another jersey of mine to the graveyard.
    Girouxsalem

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

Tro,Kempe,Vilardi

Dobber Sports Stud

Assuming the picks turn into NHL players (which is a stretch at this point) AND Deangelo makes the team I like the return on Step.

I think Raanta was toast so getting something for him is better than nothing.

For Deangelo to make the team someone has to go.

This is with the rumor of Klein retiring obviously.

Staal can't go due to NTC and the worst contract on the team, I still think keeping Girardi was a better choice and waiving Marc was the optimal move despite the cap hit.

Captain, Shat, Smith & Skjei aren't going anywhere.

That leaves Holden as the odd man out.

Which is why my guess is that Holden makes the team unless Deangelo simply plays his way on to the team.

Maybe they waive Staal too ?

Dobber Sports Monster

With the recent trades and signings New York made you would have to consider them as legitimate contenders for the Stanley Cup next season. They were already stacked with depth and now they signed Shattenkirk. They could use a little more sandpaper and gritt that is certain.

Dobber Sports Master

Shattenkirk is an incredible pick up. I'm jealous....

Dobber Sports Superstar

the one thing though that they still don't have is a dangerous goal scorer a la Tarasenko haven't had that since Gaborik a team that lacks a Crosby/Malkin scenario needs that gamebreaker.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Kempe,Vilardi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Any young guys that could develop into that down the road for New York?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    Any young guys that could develop into that down the road for New York?
    my guess is buchnevich. kid has all the offensive tools at his disposal. just hope his back holds up and doesn't flee back to russia. but worked with a strength and conditioning coach last season to strengthen his back.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ryan Gropp but no guarantees, insanely fast for his size and has the release.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Kempe,Vilardi

Dobber Sports Monster

robin kovacs is another prospect i thought may make a big splash when he came over last season but he couldn't crack the roster. could only muster 2 goals in the AHL in 72 games. I remember telling a buddy of mine that he was going to crack the roster, he watched clips of him playing and just said "HES A SLUG, HOW DARE YOU SEND ME PROSPECTS OF THIS LEVEL. YOU'RE FIRED" lmao

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like Kovacs but see him more as a Jesper Fast type of player which I do love but idk if he can be a dominant scorer, he has the pest element to his game down pat already. Lias Andersson who they just drafted is the interesting one now because he projects as a top 6 player but his style makes it hard to forecast his production. His engine is limitless but I have not seen anything near enough to say he has the skill set to be a scorer. Gropp is the best bet for a sniper style player I am hoping Boo Nieves is ready to play this season he is a big big center and we need it. Andersson will get a chance to make this team if all went to plan to hire from within so to speak the centers are Ziba, Hayes, Andersson, Nieves.
    Girouxsalem

ThePeterNorthStars

Tro,Kempe,Vilardi

Dobber Sports Stud

I think NY under Gorton will continue to go with the depth strategy. It plays into their strengths and ability to recruit athletes, especially younger college players into the lower Manhattan lifestyle. Add to it that Gorton seems to have learned how to play Texas Holdem, rather than throwing out contracts like Slats did previously. The Girardi cap hit is nasty and will get worse next season. The Staal one will hurt even more. "Our way or the highway" is probably the best foot forward for the team at this point and with the staff, development and team gravitas NY is going to be competitive for some time to come.

In an ideal situation Staal accepts a trade in return for a diminished asset that NY can then use down the line. Either a lessor pick or player they can buy out or keep for a season. Its really come down to that in my mind. I have a faint hope that Staal sees the writing on the wall and comes in the best shape of his life next season. Grabs the opportunity by the balls and surprises us all. Common Marc we have faith in you. Failing that he should be voted off the island and Holden kept. Sadly that probably won't happen. As I posted before I think Deangelo starts in Hartford and Holden/Staal make the 3rd pairing. That Graves kid looks quite promising for the Whalers err Whale too. Now that the coach has been changed maybe we will see a reseeding of talent at the AHL level. My hunch is that we see Graves before Deangelo or perhaps both up by the trade deadline. That is assuming Staal will accept a trade and that another team wants him. Probably best to just go the Girardi route, part ways say thank you and let someone like Steve Yzerman pay him a few million to toil elsewhere. Thanks for all you did Dan, you were my favorite ranger for a long time.

Buch probably came over a year too soon. Unlike some of the previous youngsters such as Anisimov who was tough as nails but just had no idea who he was playing against and got run over and knocked silly on numerous occasions, Pavel does not display that flaw. His core was not up to NHL standards and he hurt his back. Lesson learned. I think he locks down a top 6 spot for at least the next 2 contracts. He is sneaky fast, has a great wrist shot and finds open teammates in the offensive zone. Whats not to like ? I don't think he is pure goal scorer which is probably NY's fatal flaw. With due respect to the last few posts on the board, the kids can hopefully develop enough punch to dent the twine but I remain skeptical until I see something that makes me change my mind.
    My hunch is Pavel tops out at 30 goals down the line but that will depend on his PP ice time going forward.

As far as snipers, my guess is NY makes a trade for a player in a system that has given up on him and needs a new team. Speed and shooting off the rush are the key aspects to succeed in NY at this point. Guys like Zuc find players in stride, partially open and in good shooting position. He has to pay well WITHOUT the puck. Slats will find that kind of player. Despite his propensity for overpaying contracts, he does know talent and I believe he can find a player that Gorton can acquire that fits the bill. It might not be this season however as a 3rd pivot is much more of a priority.

I think any team with Henrik Lundquist is a legit threat to go all the way. Making the playoffs is one thing, surviving the attrition is another. NY is built for that kind of rough and tumble series. At this point they are not as good as last season, but giving Step's minutes to another forward could result in even more points. At least that is how I feel about it. Dstep was a great ranger, but a scorer he was not. Brass had more finish to his game and I think NY parted with him at the right time although they got burned badly by Ottawa this past post season. Zibanejad can hopefully continue to improve and absorb some more of Stepan quality linemate time.

NY just has to make the show and then all bets are off. In just about any series I like their chances with the current structure of the club with the added KEY proviso that they need a 3rd line pivot who takes defensive draws and plays on the PK.

The lines are total disarray at this point.

I keep reading that the team believes JT Miller to be a winger. I think you can easily determine who has access to the brain trust and who is an outsider based on how they frame JT. The kid was awesome one night and invisible the next. Consistency is lacking but that comes with age and experience. He calls him a "hillbilly" and just married his long time girlfriend so I think he hears the message from the Rangers staff and will work to be the player they envision. Plug him in on the wing and he meets just about anything you could hope for. Scoring, passing, hitting he has it all and the speed to keep up with the play. I am really looking forward to him putting it all together in a season or three.

Speaking of putting it all together and consistency that is Kid Kreider in a nutshell. So much talent, yet he came up empty on quite a few occasions. Yet he put up good numbers. Its scary to think how many goals he COULD have had. Does he top 30 next season ? I think he has more than a fair shot at that.

I agree with Luigi that Boo is at this point penciled in at pivot for next years team. I think he can rise to the 3rd line, but perhaps his faceoffs or other issues might keep him on the 4th at least until Thanksgiving or Christmas. His speed and size are very impressive. This leave a hole on the 3rd line. The question is does NY fill from within, look for a trade or bring someone in on a short term lease. Perhaps someone with experience, PK ability and who will take a 1 year deal. Like Mike Fisher. I know he isn't probably the best fit due to age, the situation in Nashville etc but he does scratch an itch NY has. Plus something to rub in the Senators face would be nice. Hey Oscar Lindberg would have been perfect !