Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: New York Rangers

Goal by Barkov assisted by Jokinen

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, Panthers tie the game with a goal by Jagr, making it 4-4

Dobber Sports Genius

3rd goal by Panthers- power play goal by Barkov from Jokinen and Ekblad
    4th goal by Panthers- Goal by Jagr from Barkov and Ekblad

- - - Updated - - -

Overtime starting…Rangers better win after giving up those two quick goals

Dobber Sports Genius

Rangers get a power play from a too-many men on the ice penalty by the Pantheres

Dobber Sports Genius

Nash game winning goal on the power play from Brassard and Boyle

Dobber Sports Genius

Rangers beat the Panthers 5-4

Thoughts
    Positive
    - Nash had one of his best games and finished with 3 goals, including the game winner. He also fired 10 shots on net. He used his body really well and played a fantastic game
    - Zucarello also had another fabulous game. Every game, he makes amazing passes and scored a beautiful goal tonight
    - Kreider had a bunch of chances and had another penalty shot tonight. He is one of the fastest players in the league and completely blew by the Panther's defense.

Negatives
    - Honestly, I didn't think the Rangers played that good. Throughout the game, they didn't really get many offensive chances. It was 2-2 for a while and the Rangers were outshot by a lot.
    - The 2 goals at the end of the game were pretty upsetting. When it was 4-2, I thought the game was pretty much over and then all of a sudden it's a tied.
    - Kreider missing his penalty shot. This is the second consecutive penalty shot Kreider's missed and it would have been really helpful if Kreider scored that.
    - All the penalties. The Rangers took a lot of penalties and gave up 2 goals on the powerplay

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, what a game. Anybody else get really nervous when Florida got that penalty shot

Dobber Sports Genius

lol, so this is how you get all your posts!

So what happened with Yandle? The box scores show that he played under 13 minutes of the game.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post

So what happened with Yandle? The box scores show that he played under 13 minutes of the game.
    Today was just special because there were 9 goals scored in between both teams but ya, I guess there were a lot of posts tonight for the game lol. As far as I know, he didn't get hurt or anything. I'm actually a little surprised he played so little, it didnt seem like it. I guess AV just didnt want to play him too much

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post

Yandle is suffering from 2 conditions. One is out of his control the other is.

He is buried on the depth chart for NY and is AT BEST the #4 guy but often does not even get that kind of time and sits on the 3rd pairing

When he is playing he just does not seem to fit into the rangers style of play very well. Neither does Dan Boyle but that is another story. Lately Yandle has been trying the stretch passes which is part of AV`s style of play, but they seem to be picked off as often as they connect. With his pending free agency and NY`s lack of wiggle room contract wise and quite a few RFA`s on the table we could see Yandle moved depending on the return. Remember that Sather is no long making the calls...

In the case of the Panthers game Yandle was underwhelming at best and his ice time showed it
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Yandle is suffering from 2 conditions. One is out of his control the other is.

He is buried on the depth chart for NY and is AT BEST the #4 guy but often does not even get that kind of time and sits on the 3rd pairing

When he is playing he just does not seem to fit into the rangers style of play very well. Neither does Dan Boyle but that is another story. Lately Yandle has been trying the stretch passes which is part of AV`s style of play, but they seem to be picked off as often as they connect. With his pending free agency and NY`s lack of wiggle room contract wise and quite a few RFA`s on the table we could see Yandle moved depending on the return. Remember that Sather is no long making the calls...

In the case of the Panthers game Yandle was underwhelming at best and his ice time showed it
    Definitely agree with you. I remember when they first announced the trade. I didn't think he'd be such a great fit because of his tendency to sacrifice defense for offense and like you said, he's down the depth chart. In Arizona he was getting a ton of minutes but that just won't happen in NY. I also don't think he'll be resigned because of how many other defense the rangers have signed and how little cap they have

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    Definitely agree with you. I remember when they first announced the trade. I didn't think he'd be such a great fit because of his tendency to sacrifice defense for offense and like you said, he's down the depth chart. In Arizona he was getting a ton of minutes but that just won't happen in NY. I also don't think he'll be resigned because of how many other defense the rangers have signed and how little cap they have
    something has to give, Yandle is the 3rd left handed shot on the team behind McDonagh and Staal

Boyle`s contract comes off the books but the RFA list of resigns is not looking good for NY.

Kreider
    Hayes
    Miller
    Etem
    McIlrath who is a RH and can slot nicely when Boyle is gone

18 megabucks to lock up these guys
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hank and Price confirmed as tonight's starters for the Ranger game

Dobber Sports Genius

1-0 Canadiens so far at the end of the 1st period

- Goal by Andrighetto assisted by Eller and Subban

Dobber Sports Genius

2-1 Canadiens after the second period

- Smith-Pelly goal assisted by Pacioretty and Plekanec
    - McDonagh power play goal assisted by Brassard and Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Genius

Looks like Price is hurt again…he left the game as the third period started. No word on how severe it is