Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: New York Rangers

Still 1-0 Lightning after the second period but the Rangers have been playing a lot better

Dobber Sports Genius

Moore goal, unassisted. 1-1 with 6 minutes left

Dobber Sports Genius

Filppula shorthanded goal with 1 minute left…ugh

Dobber Sports Genius

2-1 Tampa Bay over Rangers

Thoughts

(I'm just going to get this out of the way now. I'm insanely disappointed in the Rangers giving up that shorthanded goal. McDonagh usually doesn't make mistakes but man, why did he have to botch that up)

Positives
    - Yandle played a pretty good game. He was very active in the offense and played well defensively. He did kinda cause the first goal with the turnover up the middle but I think that was more Lundqvist's fault
    - The Rangers were able to maintain a lot of possession in the offensive zone and played one of their best games. For long extended periods of time, they possessed the puck down low in the offensive zone
    - Moore and the 4th line. Moore is such a great bottom-six guy and the whole fourth line generated a lot of chances. Not to mention, Moore did break the shutout and score the only goal for the Rangers.

Negatives
    - The 1st period. The Rangers started slow and while they played great in the second and third period, they didn't look good in the first
    - I was surprised at how little ice time the 3rd line got and I didn't really see much of them (Mostly because of the lack of ice time)
    - The shorthanded goal. I know, I know, I didn't want to get into it anymore but I can't help it. I'm not really upset that McDonagh mishandled the pass; it happens. But why would he pinch to get it back? Or not even pinch but just stand there and no start getting back. He lost

Dobber Sports Stud

That was one of the ugliest games I have seen from NY in some time. Tampa took control early with something like 4 or 5 regular players out of the lineup. The Rangers slept through the first period in a game they should have had. The 3rd line in particular has been ineffective for the past few games, their ice time will tell you all you need to know. At least Hayes started throwing his weight around and actually got a minor penalty for roughing it up with Brian Boyle ! Whatever Kevin put in his wheaties for this game, I hope he eats more for the next game. With a little sandpaper he could really make a statement, in that regard his play reminds me a lot of Anisimov, big skilled but there is no forechecking or glass wrattling hits for a guy his size.

That turnover is on Dstep, not McDonagh IMHO. The sad and frustrating thing about the entire play was that I was screaming at the screen SHOOT THE PUCK BARRY ! meanwhile NY played keep away when they should have put the puck towards the net, its not as if they were going to beat Bishop on a wrist shot, unless its either deflected or off a rebound... Just pathetic. Congrats to the Lightning, they came into the game and made a statement.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    That was one of the ugliest games I have seen from NY in some time. Tampa took control early with something like 4 or 5 regular players out of the lineup. The Rangers slept through the first period in a game they should have had. The 3rd line in particular has been ineffective for the past few games, their ice time will tell you all you need to know. At least Hayes started throwing his weight around and actually got a minor penalty for roughing it up with Brian Boyle ! Whatever Kevin put in his wheaties for this game, I hope he eats more for the next game. With a little sandpaper he could really make a statement, in that regard his play reminds me a lot of Anisimov, big skilled but there is no forechecking or glass wrattling hits for a guy his size.

That turnover is on Dstep, not McDonagh IMHO. The sad and frustrating thing about the entire play was that I was screaming at the screen SHOOT THE PUCK BARRY ! meanwhile NY played keep away when they should have put the puck towards the net, its not as if they were going to beat Bishop on a wrist shot, unless its either deflected or off a rebound... Just pathetic. Congrats to the Lightning, they came into the game and made a statement.
    I completely disagree. I think the Rangers did pretty well. There were many times when I saw, particularly the second line, cycling the puck very effectively around the boards and maintaining possession for a good amount of time. And I think the third line didn't seem to play good because they barely got any shifts. Hayes played a decent game; while he didn't generate much offense, like you said he through the body around.
    And on the short-handed goal, I don't see why that would be Stepan's fault. It wasn't a perfect pass but he had to lift it a little to get the puck over the defender. Even if McDonagh mishandled it (Which he did), he shouldn't have pinched or hesitated to get back. He was the last defender and his main goal should have been to make sure he was back to stop a potential breakaway instead of worrying about getting the puck back in the offensive zone. It was a 1-1 game at that time; there was no reason to take a risk like that
    I do agree that the Rangers 1st period wasn't good but the Rangers did really well in the second and third periods

Dobber Sports Genius

Lundqvist confirmed as the starter for tonight's game against the Panthers

Dobber Sports Genius

Goal by Nash assisted by McDonagh and Zucarello

Dobber Sports Genius

1-0 Rangers after the first period

Dobber Sports Genius

Bjugstad goal assisted by Pirri and Jokinen to tie the game