Page 38 of 99 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: New York Rangers

2-1 Rangers. Stepan power play goal from Zuccarello and McDonagh and a goal from Linberg from McDonagh and Hayes.

Dobber Sports Genius

Rangers win 2-1. Thoughts on the game

The positives
    - The power play. There was a lot of good puck movement during the Rangers power play and Stepan scored a powerplay goal off one power play
    - Overall, the Rangers controlled most of the possession and were able to keep possession deep in the Av's zone a lot.
    - Kreider. He looked a lot better today. He used his body to drive towards the net and was trying to use his speed to beat guys. He created a lot of scoring chances and him and Stepan looked better.
    - The Hayes/Lindberg/Stalberg line. Again they were buzzing and creating chances. Stalberg played very well and Lindberg scored a goal

The negatives
    - Etem. I didn't really see him to much and he didn't make much of an impact.
    - At the end of the game, the Rangers went into a defensive shell. While a lot of teams do this, Colorado was able to get a lot of shots late in the game
    - The Rangers took a lot of unnecessary penalties and a few times, killed their momentum by giving Colorado a power play
    - Zucarrello not shooting on the empty net at the end of the game! I could have used that goal in my fantasy league

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey rangersfan...Stepan was just dropped and I already own Brassard. Who's the better own? Brassard's numbers have generallyb een better lately but stepan was once regarded as one of the games best young and coming goalscorers. What's your read? thanks

Dobber Sports Genius

Hi Bondon. That's a tough one but for right now, I'd go with Brassard. Brassard has looked good lately and has put up good numbers so far. I'd hold onto him until Stepan heats up. When Stepan starts scoring, I'd see how Brassard is doing. If he's not doing anything, I'd drop him for Stepan but if he's still scoring, I'd just hold him. I think they're about the same but Stepan has a little more upside so it really comes down to personal preference.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    Hi Bondon. That's a tough one but for right now, I'd go with Brassard. Brassard has looked good lately and has put up good numbers so far. I'd hold onto him until Stepan heats up. When Stepan starts scoring, I'd see how Brassard is doing. If he's not doing anything, I'd drop him for Stepan but if he's still scoring, I'd just hold him. I think they're about the same but Stepan has a little more upside so it really comes down to personal preference.
    Thanks pal, yeah I'm finding it hard getting a read on anything going on in Ranger land. I made the (maybe) mistake of drafting Yandle this year. He's been scoring at a decent clip thus far at least. But it feel slike the Rags are pretty much running with 3 even lines with the Brassard line, the Stepan line, and the Hayes line. Tough for rfantasy owners.

Dobber Sports Genius

Lundqvist is confirmed as the starter for tonight's game

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow…2 goals in 11 seconds. Didn't see that coming

Dobber Sports Genius

2-0 Rangers after the first period. Goal by Fast, assisted by Etem and Yandle and Nash goal, assisted by Zuccarello.

Dobber Sports Genius

Still 2-0 Rangers after the second period but the Hurricanes have been getting a ton of chances

Dobber Sports Genius

13 seconds into the third, Ryan McDonagh goal

Dobber Sports Genius

Rangers beat the Hurricanes 3-0. Fast scored the first goal, assisted by Etem and Yandle and Nash scored the second goal, assisted by Zuccarello. McDonagh scored the final goal assisted by Nash.

Thoughts on the game

Positives
    - Nash played a really good game and took a lot of good shots. He was killing penalties well and scored a beautiful goal.
    - Zuccarello made a bunch of gorgeous passes and has looked amazing. He set up a lot of people and
    created many chances.
    - Lundqvist. He had to make a lot of really nice saves and he kept the Rangers in it.

Negatives
    - Unfortunately, while the Rangers still won, I thought they played pretty bad. They barely created any scoring chances and Carolina really just dominated possession and seemed to keep control of the puck in the Ranger's defensive zone.
    - The defense was below average and they were lucky they didn't lose 3-0. Skinner hit the post twice and there were many shots that could have easily gone in.
    - Most of the goals were kinda lucky. The first goal Ward should have saved and the third goal just bounced off of Hainsey's skate. Nash's goal was nice but other than that, there weren't too many chances. Zuccarello and Nash were the only people generating any kind of offense.

Dobber Sports Stud

I have been seeing a somewhat disturbing pattern of NY playing down to the competition. The Carolina, Toronto and Ottawa games come to mind. The Rangers were outplayed for lengthy portions of all 3 of these games yet came away with wins. Lucky doesn`t begin to cover how well NY has fared so far this season.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I have been seeing a somewhat disturbing pattern of NY playing down to the competition. The Carolina, Toronto and Ottawa games come to mind. The Rangers were outplayed for lengthy portions of all 3 of these games yet came away with wins. Lucky doesn`t begin to cover how well NY has fared so far this season.
    Definitely. The Rangers seem to be getting a lot of bounces going their way and they definitely need to start playing better

Dobber Sports Genius

Lundqvist is the confirmed starter for New York tonight

https://twitter.com/stevezipay/statu...65621058887680

Dobber Sports Genius

1-0 Tampa so far. Goal by Killorn, assisted by Filppula