Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

Rangers lock up Derek Stepan for 6 years and 39 million dollars.

Jeff Gorton has gotten Stepan`s signature on the dotted line and as a result NY will go into next season as an arguably better team than last season.

Wth Brassard & Stepan as the 1 - 2 punch next season could be for all the marbles

The deal has a no-move clause for Years 3 and 4 and a limited no-trade for the final two years of the deal. It is front-loaded at $8 million per the first two years, $7 million the third year, $6 million the fourth year and $5 million for each of the final two seasons.

Courtesy of Larry Brooks

http://nypost.com/2015/07/27/rangers...r-6-years-39m/
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Giant

Nice amount and term.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Recruit

Ranger fan checking in.

Personally I think we overpaid for Stepan. I would rather have spent the money elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Ranger fan checking in.

Personally I think we overpaid for Stepan. I would rather have spent the money elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Stud

overpaid ?

NY can afford the contract and Steps is a critical part of the top 6

Can you be more specific ?

What other move would you prefer NY had made ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Odds of McIlrath finally sticking? I could really use his PIM in a dynasty league. Drafted/dumped him last year but I'm seeing him plenty during this preseason. Is it time?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

late to the respond Bomm but McIlrath made the team as the 7th

Rafael Diaz was waived even though he can play both sides while Dylan plays exclusively on the right side

Dobber Sports Giant

I've been waiting to draft him since the rangers did. I finally did this year. He may get spot started for me, so I'm hoping he's a Pim machine.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Icon

McIlraith made the squad because he brings a level of toughness none of the other Rangers D bring - Diaz played well but what he brings you get in spades from Boyle and Yandle among others. And he combines that toughness wth a good old "defend your team" attitude which I'm sure his teammates (not to mention the coaching staff) really appreciate - in the Bruins pre-season game, first Rinaldo runs Lundqvist, McIlraith crunches him with a big hit next shift, then one of the Bruins fighting for a roster spot again bumps Lundqvist, next shift, Dylandrops the gloves with him. Only thing I Didn't like was that he kept his visor on during the fight.

Dobber Sports Stud

Henrik Lundqvist was simply unreal versus the Jackets in the home opener at MSG

unbelievable saves

just wow

Dobber Sports Genius

Lundqvist confirmed to start tonight against Washington

Dobber Sports Genius

1 minute into the game and Kreider gets a breakaway…and misses. The Rangers always get my hopes up

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, great game so far. Really good pace and scoring chances for both teams

Dobber Sports Genius

Nice win by the Rangers. Always nice to see a lot of goals scored.

- Hayes and Lindberg looked fantastic on a line together and generated a lot of chances. Lindberg just keeps getting goals
    - Dominic Moore actually had a really good game and created a lot of offense. I love him as a fourth line center and he is a great guy to have on the team
    - Zuccarello works so hard and does so much every game. A great game from him and Brassard

- The Kreider-Stepan-Fast line was barely noticeable and didn't play well at all
    - The Rangers as a team gave up way too many chances. It could have easily been 5-5 and while they did get a lot of offense, their defensive play wasn't good

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm starting to really dislike Rick Nash. That is all.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I'm starting to really dislike Rick Nash. That is all.
    He didn't play too bad this game. He just can't buy a goal. Did you see Brassard's goal that went in off Johansson? Nash was standing right there to tap it in. If Johansson didn't hit the puck into the net, Nash would have had an easy goal