Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    D Step must improve his faceoff numbers if he wants to be considered a top pivot in the game
    Yikes, only 45.2%, it's not unusual for younger Centers to struggle with this but that's lower than I expected.

Fun fact: Ryan Getzlaf is a career sub-50% center on faceoffs, despite being a dominating center for almost a decade now
    14 team H2H fantasy points league
    G=3 A=2 PPP=1.5 PIM/Hits/BS=0.25
    W=4 SO=6 GA=-1.25 SV=0.15

Dobber Sports Stud

yes Getz is not the best faceoff artist, then again he is 6 foot 4 inches tall carrying 220 pounds and put up 66 assists in his 4th season

one can only hope Step is still growing
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Here are the camp invites 62 total players

Forwards: Chris Bourque, Ryan Bourque, Derick Brassard, Nathan Burns, Anthony Duclair, Jesper Fast, Tanner Glass, Carl Hagelin, Ryan Haggerty, Kevin Hayes, Marek Hrivik, Keegan Iverson, Michael Kantor, Chris Kreider, Danny Kristo, Nickolas Latta, Paxton Leroux, Oscar Lindberg, Matthew Lombardi, Ryan Malone, Chris McCarthy, J.T. Miller, Dominic Moore, Chris Mueller, Rick Nash, Richard Nejezchleb, Logan Nelson, Josh Nicholls, Ryan Potulny, Michael St. Croix, Martin St. Louis, Lee Stempniak, Derek Stepan, Adam Tambellini, Nick Tarnasky, Andrew Yogan, Mats Zuccarello.

Defense: Conor Allen, Mat Bodie, Dan Boyle, Troy Donnay, Dan Girardi, Ryan Graves, Tommy Hughes, Matt Hunwick, Steven Kampfer, Kevin Klein, Michael Kostka, Ryan Mantha, Ryan McDonagh, Dylan McIlrath, John Moore, Samuel Noreau, Marc Staal, Dallas Valentine, Daniel Walcott.

Goalie: Cedrick Desjardins, Brandon Halverson, Henrik Lundqvist, Jason Missiaen, Mackenzie Skapski, Cam Talbot.

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 5m I'm told Czech D prospect Petr Zamorsky, who played in Traverse City, also will be here to start #NYR camp

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ace

How do you guys feel about spending $21,900,000 on 3 players: Rick Nash ($7.9 mil), Derick Brassard ($7 mil) and Dan Girardi ($7 mil)

Nothing (too much) against these guys, but that is an awful lot for 'these' players. It would be safe to say that (for the most part) these guys are fairly overpaid for what they provide for your team. Especially when you compare the price of these 3 guys compared to 3 top players from another team.

For example, the L.A Kings pay $21,750,000 for Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown and Drew Doughty.
    Boston pays $20,500,000 for Bergeron, Lucic and Chara.

What do you guys think about this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    How do you guys feel about spending $21,900,000 on 3 players: Rick Nash ($7.9 mil), Derick Brassard ($7 mil) and Dan Girardi ($7 mil)

Nothing (too much) against these guys, but that is an awful lot for 'these' players. It would be safe to say that (for the most part) these guys are fairly overpaid for what they provide for your team. Especially when you compare the price of these 3 guys compared to 3 top players from another team.

For example, the L.A Kings pay $21,750,000 for Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown and Drew Doughty.

yup that's pretty brutal

nash most overrated player in the league

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

and for a similar price you could have:

phaneuf (8M) + clarkson (5.25) + lupul (5.25) + robidas (4M) = 22.5M

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    and for a similar price you could have:

phaneuf (8M) + clarkson (5.25) + lupul (5.25) + robidas (4M) = 22.5M
    I'm not completely sure if you're being sarcastic or not. I considered listing Toronto players (them being the centre of the hockey universe and all that) so here goes: Phil Kessel ($10 mil) Dion Phaneuf ($8 mil) and Joffrey Lupul ($5.25 mil) for $23,250,000

I took the 2 highest paid forwards and top paid D-man. You will have to wait on listing Clarkson in a couple years when he will be paid $7 mil a season, becoming your 2nd highest paid forward.

To be fair to your Leafs players, I would definitely prefer those 3 to the Rangers top 3.

Banned

I'm not completely sure if you're being sarcastic or not. I considered listing Toronto players (them being the centre of the hockey universe and all that) so here goes: Phil Kessel ($10 mil) Dion Phaneuf ($8 mil) and Joffrey Lupul ($5.25 mil) for $23,250,000

I took the 2 highest paid forwards and top paid D-man. You will have to wait on listing Clarkson in a couple years when he will be paid $7 mil a season, becoming your 2nd highest paid forward.

To be fair to your Leafs players, I would definitely prefer those 3 to the Rangers top 3.
    what can you buy for that money in Nashville, Id like to know

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    what can you buy for that money in Nashville, Id like to know
    Do you mean if a (half-decent) Free agent actually wanted to go there?

The top players drafted by Nashville are made in the shade - they get paid twice their value not to leave. Someone has got to play there, right?

Banned

Do you mean if a (half-decent) Free agent actually wanted to go there?

The top players drafted by Nashville are made in the shade - they get paid twice their value not to leave. Someone has got to play there, right?
    You're not talking about florida...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quiet thread. Wondering what your expectations are for MSL this year points wise? Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Quiet thread. Wondering what your expectations are for MSL this year points wise? Any thoughts?
    I wouldn't expect too many points with the way he played last year and the way NY seems to chew up stars. I'd be happy with 65, but I guess we'll see how he functions at center to start the season. He's obviously a very intelligent hockey mind, but going from wing to center after 14+ seasons will probably have an effect on the way he poises himself in the offensive zone. Also, his point production will very much be dependent on the way Nash handles himself this year. If Nash can return to the player he was in the shortened season for NY, I could see Marty hitting as high as 80 points.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Wizard

I have Marty at 70 points, 25/45

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks guys. MSL and Nash had nice nights yesterday. NYR have 2 more games before I have to decide whether to put him (and maybe Nash) on my pool roster. The administrator of the pool chooses 19 high scoring forwards from last year who we are not allowed to put on our roster. From the remaining forwards we have to put 19 on our roster. Basically I'm looking for top 40 ppg forwards and 70 points would do it I think. Thanks again for taking time to reply.