Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Ok Ranger fans, I'm hoping to get your thoughts on what is up with your team. I did a new multicat league this year and I drafted 3 Ranger D: Del Zotto, Girardi, and Staal. Del Zotto has been beyond disappointing. Anyone have thoughts I what's wrong?
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Star

2 power plays in the dying minutes of the game tonight. Pouliot is on the ice for way too much of it. He commits 2 offsides during 2 different powerplays and takes a high sticking penalty with less than 2 minutes to go. Brutal.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gfhyde View Post
    2 power plays in the dying minutes of the game tonight. Pouliot is on the ice for way too much of it. He commits 2 offsides during 2 different powerplays and takes a high sticking penalty with less than 2 minutes to go. Brutal.
    I was just coming here to say that...they had some momentum there and could have tied it but that idiot sunk them, he's garbage, I'm so glad he's no longer with the Habs.

Lundy played well, his team just let him down...especially in the final minute taking that two many men on the ice penalty. Sloppy., that's been the Rangers MO this season

Dobber Sports Padawan

You guys are right to an extent. Pouliot actually has been decent lately but he is still not good enough to get that much PP time. And on MSG feed they showed that the refs made a horrible call on the 1st offsides. Pouliot was clearly onside. Anyway. I am just pissed.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: New York Rangers

The Rangers clinch a playoff spot with the Devils losing tonight and likely to face the Flyers in Round 1.

Dobber Sports Stud

This series is going to boil down to how well NY avoids going to the penalty box

Philly excels with the man advantage

NY on the other hand is clearly superior 5 on 5

With a 3rd pairing of Moore-Klein I like NYR's chances of taking the series as long as they avoid those minor penalties

I actually am kind of hoping to see Falk draw into the lineup, he has the size and snarl to clear the crease and keep the Flyers from running Henke
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Lets see if Giroux's guarantee of taking game 4 comes to fruition
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Good call by Giroux. Flyers took game 4 but it seemed to me (as a rangers fan) that NY held the edge in play and that a lucky bounce off the backboards resulted in the first goal for Philly.

Game 5 also appeared to me to mostly controlled by NY although once they had the 2 goal lead they softened up on the forecheck. I suppose from the game 2 fiasco the team didn't allow Philly too many chances and kept the game to the outside and fought for real estate.

Not sure how the Flyers win this series but I suppose anything is possible

Hey can someone give me an update on the development progression of Dylan McIlrath? Will he be full time in 2014? 2015?

Any insight is most appreciated. Thanks
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Sure thing Bom

McIlrath has a serious leg injury which sapped his strength and cut drastically into his development curve. He only played 62 games last season, 45 the year before. From what I saw of him, he appeared to be pressing himself to stay in the play and putting himself out of position. I think there is still plenty of potential, and his ability to clear the crease as well as drop the gloves is something the Rangers lack at the NHL level. With the numerous contract situations involving both Stralman and John Moore we could see Dylan pressing his case to make the NHL next season but it wouldn't surprise me to see him spend another season at the AHL level.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is Stepan a #1 centerman or is he just a guy who is being forced into the top spot??

How many points should we expect in the coming seasons??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

I think the debate in Ranger land is IF the team needs a legit #1 center.

Right now Stepan is #1 by default especially with linemates like Nash and Kreider. Remember that he held out last season for his bridge contract and missed training camp so the first month or two was a total wash out for him. I think he puts up some much better numbers next season to be honest. 65 points is within easy reach, 70 is possible if he can improve his faceoff numbers which will result in better puck possession. My guess is 20g 45a. He is still only 24 years old.

With Brassard locked up to a 5 year 25 megabuck cntract my bet is that we see him move to the front of the class over the next year or two. Especially if he shoots the pill more often. Many would argue that the Brass Zuc Pouliot line was their best on many nights.

With Saint Louis, Nash, Kreider and Zucarello there are the makings of 2 pretty effective top lines. So perhaps its better to think of it as 1A and 1B

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Is Stepan a #1 centerman or is he just a guy who is being forced into the top spot??

How many points should we expect in the coming seasons??
    65 to 70... Points wise he is not a number 1, but from what he brings he is captain material... So he is the default number 1... And and insane awesome 2 if they can get a true 1.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    65 to 70... Points wise he is not a number 1, but from what he brings he is captain material... So he is the default number 1... And and insane awesome 2 if they can get a true 1.
    points wise he absolutely is a number 1 center

he might not be an elite center but he is a number 1 center

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

D Step must improve his faceoff numbers if he wants to be considered a top pivot in the game