Page 32 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Deity

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSNBobMcK...6823675904?p=v

From Bob MacKenzie's twitter just now:

"All is that is holding up Mats Zuccarello's return to NYR is paperwork/releases from KHL team/federations. He has deal in place to return."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

can you speculate which line he will be playing on?
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    can you speculate which line he will be playing on?
    He will be on the 3rd line most likely. He wont get more minutes than Hagelin or Callahan
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Does anyone know if the contract is just for this year or is it longer?
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Ace

3 assists and a goal so far for stepan tonight - i love it!
    picked him up last week and he's been great
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

NYR land Clowe:
    http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/29...s#.UVuAGJPe6KI

Blueshirts acquired veteran forward Ryane Clowe in exchange for three draft selections.
    1 year H2H league, 12 teams
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Plekanec, Dubinsky, Steen
    LW: Galchenyuk, Kreider, Kunitz
    RW: Vrbata, Gaborik, Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: Hedman, McDonagh, Vatanen, S. Jones
    G: Rask, Crawford, Ortio

Dobber Sports Prodigy

3 new rangers...
    Clowe/Brassard/Moore
    all 3 score....

what?!
    1 year H2H league, 12 teams
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Plekanec, Dubinsky, Steen
    LW: Galchenyuk, Kreider, Kunitz
    RW: Vrbata, Gaborik, Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: Hedman, McDonagh, Vatanen, S. Jones
    G: Rask, Crawford, Ortio

Administrator

I've been assigned to cover NYR at DobberProspects so if anyone has news/info/observations or requests either post here or PM me.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here is a quick and short writeup on my thoughts of the series/Rangers players so far:

The Rangers attempt to cash in on limited scoring opportunities and have Henrik play above and beyond. When watching a few games from last playoffs between the two teams, it looks almost identical. The way the Rangers win this series is if they outperform on special teams with the 5 on 5 play being very close.

They are obviously a very talented team, but the majority of scoring opportunities come from the perimeter and from broken plays. When comparing the average shot distance of the Rangers and Capitals, the majority of Caps offensive stars chances come from a much closer distance than the Rangers.
    http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_shot_...9+10+11+12+13#

Individual snippets:

Rick Nash – He has looked lazy and almost ‘selfish’ with all of the turnovers in the neutral zone. He paid dividends in the regular season but in the postseason the Caps have limited his time and space. Although, he is one of those players who could be doing nothing all night and have one play change the entire pace of the game. Nash had assisted on the game winner in game three and in game two had a terrific individual effort which resulted in a post in the dire minutes of the 3rd.

Derek Stepan/Ryan Callahan – Heart and soul players that give every ounce of being on every shift. They only have combined for one goal and one assist, but if they keep motoring they could be the players to make the difference in the rest of the series.

Michael Del Zotto – It’s been a rough series for the young defender so far. He’s been thinking too much instead of reacting and hasn’t seen much powerplay time as a result. He was pushed off the second pairing in favour of John Moore.

Dan Girardi/Ryan McDonagh – Workhorses. My body is stinging after games from watching the sacrifice from these two guys. They’re doing a fantastic job limiting Ovechkin even with Ovie flying all over the place.

Derek Dorsett – His body has added a little extra uumpfh for the lineup. He reminds me of a Sean Avery/Chris Neil pest with a little less of a voice. It’s amazing to see what he is doing considering he’s missed almost the entire season.

Marc Staal –He looked a little rusty in his debut, as expected. He has an amazing hockey sense so everything should fall in place sooner rather than later.

Brian Boyle – Big body, big game player. He seems to play terrific hockey every post-season. Nearly 21 minutes last game I think we’ll be seeing much of the same as long as he keeps moving his feet and using his body.

Anton Stralman – His play has stepped up exponentially this series. He has been really smart and aggressive in choosing when to jump in or lay back. He also hammered one off the post in game one. The only thing I find perplexing is that Torts doesn’t use him on the powerplay. He seems to be reading really well but I guess the coach would rather have him focusing on defending.

Mats Zuccarello – He attempts to play as though he is 6’2. He has flashes of brilliance and at other times you notice that he is only 5’9ish. His game is very much a tradeoff – either he sets up a goal or is knocked off the puck and the play goes the other way.

Chris Kreider – Rangers fans all around are absolutely in love with the kid. Personally, I don’t see it (yet). Last year he was miracle on ice, but this season to me he’s looked like a chicken with his head cut off whenever he has hopped the boards. Possibly because Torts never had a specific role for him, but I just don’t think he’s mature enough for the NHL yet.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man, I am really pulling for the Rangers...after picking them to win the Cup! lol

I just look at that lineup and shake my head at the talent they have. My prediction was made with Marc Staal and Derek Dorsett being in the lineup though. I didn't think that Staal wouldn't play until the last game and that Dorsett wouldn't start the series.

The winner of this series could represent the East...especially if the Pens are knocked off by the upstart Isles.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Insightful write-up lilranger!

And same here, my playoff bracket would be sad if Callahan, Nash, and Stephan were out!

I liked both team heading into the playoffs.. I think either team will do some damage in the East!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Guru

Via twitter:

“@cmasisak22: #NYR announce opening night roster. Chris Kreider ... not on it. Wow.”

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Via twitter:
    It's a mixture of the salary cap game and him simply not looking ready. I think he'll eventually evolve into an NHLer, but there shouldn't be a rush. If it wasn't for that playoff performance, people would still think he's on the right path. 22 years old time is on his side.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Banned

Yeah not sure why it's a surprise. Kreider has been underwhelming and his problems are problems that have been talked about since he was in college. No IQ.

Dobber Sports Monster

With Callahan ready to go and back on Monday, the Rangers have sent down J.T. Miller.