Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    to be honest i think he is just a body for them so they dont have to call someone up in the event of a number of injuries

i just dont see torts trusting gilroy except under the most dire of circumstances
    Definitely agree with lucifer316 on Gilroy. Don't see him playing regularly without an injury or two to the blueline corps.

On Callahan's shoulder sublexation, it's something near and dear to my body. With how physical he plays, it may not be a minor thing; it actually could be one of those things that nags at him all season (if not physically, then definitely mentally).

If I were the Rangers, I'd be really, really sure he's 100% healed before bringing him back. He'll want to come back too soon, but I'd resist that urge until you Docs are sure. NYR can make the playoffs without Callahan, but they would be in tough to WIN in the playoffs without their Captain's yeoman efforts game in and game out.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Wizard

well gilroy will get in the game tonight i am expecting 8-12 min depending on if he makes a big error or not

as for cally the shoulder thing will effect his physical game as well as his shooting so yeah he needs to be 100% before he comes back

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny

For the #NYR tonight @HLundqvist30 makes 7th straight start in goal...Matt Gilroy is in lineup...Eminger, Callahan, Kreider are out

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord

#NYR lines: Gaborik-Richards-Nash Hagelin-Stepan-Pyatt Rupp-Boyle-Ferriero Bickel-Halpern-Asham

#NYR D-pairs: McDonagh-Girardi, Staal-Del Zotto, Gilroy-Stralman

should be a fun ride with gilroy and stralman on the same pairing

with cally out i still dont understand why they refuse to break up that top line

hope they are good for 4 goals tonight
    Last edited by lucifer316; January 31, 2013 at 6:43 PM.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Guru

hope they are good for 4 goals tonight
    Boy did you jinx this.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Boy did you jinx this.
    i dont believe that words i say on a message board can effect superstar athletes

the rangers decided to pull out the typical rangers playbook for last nights game

dumb penalty in first 10 mins of game - check nash takes a high sticking penalty a 3:22

bench minor because they dont know how to change lines check

they managed to out hit out block and were on the right side of the giveaways yet somehow they never looked in sync

i get that its early in the season but they need to get their crap together

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Expert

They did not look good last night. I think Nash was mostly invisible all game and Torts didn't play him in the last 3 minutes.

I don't like Torts' give up attitude and not playing his super stars in the final minutes of a game. Seriously, down 3 goals you still roll 4 lines consistently? I'm not sure thats really how you get back into a game. Richards, Gaborik and Nash on the ice created their only real chances last night and they received minimal ice time to end the game. Just dumb IMO
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i am just not a big torts fan i never have been and i never will be

its a lot of smoke and mirrors for me with regards to him

i mean other than entertaining press conferences and his i cant believe you are such a schmuck look for refs what is the guy really good at

and i am not talking nearly a decade ago i am talking about now

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay

NYR lineup tonight includes Biron, Gilroy; Scratches: Callahan, Kreider, Eminger. Lundqvist backup.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Any inclination of what the Rangers intend to do with Kreider once he's ready to play?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Any inclination of what the Rangers intend to do with Kreider once he's ready to play?
    i havent seen anything yet but i am guessing with cally out he gets a game or two with a short leash

if cally wasnt injured i was pretty sure he was going to get sent down but with no cally and being shutout in the last game they might no longer have that option

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

i havent seen anything yet but i am guessing with cally out he gets a game or two with a short leash

if cally wasnt injured i was pretty sure he was going to get sent down but with no cally and being shutout in the last game they might no longer have that option
    Thanks. Hope he impresses if/when he gets his chance. I had high hopes for him when I drafted him this year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Thanks. Hope he impresses if/when he gets his chance. I had high hopes for him when I drafted him this year.
    yeah i own him in two leagues and i envisioned a better season to be sure

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

Wow so pretty terrible week fantasy-wise for New York Rangers players. The Big Three were anything but.

Rick Nash had a goal and an assist in 3 games being the best of the three, add in 8 hits and 12 shots for your multi-cat leagues and it was a decent week for him. Especially getting the goal as I think people expected his scoring to be more goal heavy than it has to this point. Brad Richards had and assist in 3 games this week not strong at all, however his 41 FOWs and 5 blocked shots are some consolation in leagues with those categories. Marian Gaborik put up a big old goose egg in 3 games this week which was a bit letdown after his fast start. Yes he did have 7 hits this week but let's face it you didn't draft him to fill your hits numbers.

The secondary scoring kicked in for the Rangers this week. Taylor Pyatt added two assists in 3 games was a +2 and had 6 hits making him definitely a player to continue watching and might be worth a pickup in deeper leagues as he now has 5 points in 8 games and 21 hits to go along with it. Derek Stepan finally put the puck in the net this week and while his single point in 3 games this week isn't stellar hopefully he has more confidence going forward. 11 shots and 21 FOWs plus 7 hits rounded his stats out nicely this week. Stepan now has 5 points in 8 games along with 23 shots, 51 FOWs, and 14 blocks makes him a nice depth player in extended cat leagues. Another player who finally got the goal monkey off his back this past week was Carl Hagelin, he had a goal and an assist in 3 games. Good to see his hard work and speed finally paying off this season but until he does more only the deepest of leagues should be using Carl.

Michael Del Zotto continues to produce scoring 2 goals in 3 games this week one of them a PPP and he added 5 hits to the mix. He now has 6 points in 8 games and a +5 along with 12 hits and 9 blks on the season. Marc Staal added an assist with 9 hits and 4 blocked shots and he continues to be the obvious second fantasy choice among Ranger defensemen. Dan Girardi had a tough week with a -1 and only 4 hits and 3 blocks, his 8 shots was the only saving grace. Ryan McDonagh continues to add hits and blocks getting 8 and 5 respectively this week. Unfortunately at this point Girardi and McDonagh might not be producing enough offensively even for deep extended category leagues.

Brian Boyle added an assist to go with 20 FOWs and 11 hits plus 5 blocks, very deep extended category leagues are a good fit here. Martin Biron had a nice relief and start this week allowing 3 goals and 49 saves while clocking a 1.98 GAA and 0.942 SV%. Keep in mind that while Biron can give you good numbers he just isn't likely to play many games this season.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

If I were the Rangers, I'd be really, really sure he's 100% healed before bringing him back. He'll want to come back too soon, but I'd resist that urge until you Docs are sure. NYR can make the playoffs without Callahan, but they would be in tough to WIN in the playoffs without their Captain's yeoman efforts game in and game out.
    rest him extra long. we cant have him hurt again this season. its early now and were doing ok without him.

.... hagelin has looked good every game, he just is not finnishing. they will come.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Stu Bickel wearing a red defenseman's practice jersey at #NYR morning skate.

Ryan Callahan participating in full #NYR morning skate. In a regular blue practice jersey. Not in a non-contact jersey.

Chris Kreider also wearing regular practice jersey.

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay

Appears Miller, Powe are in; Mashinter had talk with Schoenfeld, he may be going back to Hartford

So Brandon Mashinter definitely not playing. He's been re-assigned to #CTWhale after morning skate. Which sounds like Kreider's ready.
    Last edited by lucifer316; February 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max