Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: New York Rangers

He is not finishing his chances, shooting wide as often as taking a shot which is blocked or deflected.

A significant part of the problem is that the other lines are clicking right now.
    Further he is skating with Nash and Zuc who are both puck hogs.
    Nash has finish but Zuc is pass happy, setting up Ziban at times but as I mentioned Ziban does not even get the puck on net.

Clearly he is fighting himself as well as not finding the right "chemistry" with his current linemates.

So Ziban belongs on the bench and if you have to drop him monitor NYR forward line management. Just remember that NY has 3 right handed shots on the team. Stepan and Fast are the other two so Z is going to get his chances and could catch fire quickly especially with Zuc on his wing.

You can probably acquire him for a song...

- - - Updated - - -

He is not finishing his chances, shooting wide as often as taking a shot which is blocked or deflected.

A significant part of the problem is that the other lines are clicking right now.
    Further he is skating with Nash and Zuc who are both puck hogs.
    Nash has finish but Zuc is pass happy, setting up Ziban at times but as I mentioned Ziban does not even get the puck on net.

Clearly he is fighting himself as well as not finding the right "chemistry" with his current linemates.

So Ziban belongs on the bench and if you have to drop him monitor NYR forward line management. Just remember that NY has 3 right handed shots on the team. Stepan and Fast are the other two so Z is going to get his chances and could catch fire quickly especially with Zuc on his wing.

You can probably acquire him for a song...
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Immortal

The Rangers has absolutely killed me in OT this week.

Not sure if anyone has watched their last two games but holy f. Against SJ someone had a breakout pass to an absolutely wide open Zucc for a breakaway....he tried to receive off his skate and flubbed it.

Tonight, they had a 3 on 0!!!! Missed.

Can't wait to see them in the Conference Finals

Dobber Sports Stud

NY has not been dressing their best players, instead resting them ahead of the 2nd season. Unlike past seasons when they needed everyone to bail water just to make the show, or when they won the President's trophy.

McD hasn't played in about a week.

For the caps game NY sat, Zuc, Nash, McD and Skjei.

Pirri saw 15 minutes of ice time in that game.

Yes they are not finishing their chances, Grabner especially was scoring but lately can hardly get the puck on net. He hasn't been the same since Clendening hit him in practice.

I think the captain makes MTL regret that deal they made
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Sens game, the following players were scratched

Zuc, Nash, Stepan, Staal, McD

Dobber Sports Stud

What a sweet Sweet SWEET road victory in MTL and a shutout !
    I can't begrudge the Canadian media for being all over the Habs, after all they are a very good team. But this NY team is essentially the same one that went to the Finals only a few seasons ago so anyone who thought this was going to be a short series is now looking at their team having to win 4 of the next 6 against a very deep, well rested Rangers team.
    LGR !

Dobber Sports Stud

I think over the last game or two its become apparent that Dan Girardi is not the terrible player every said he was. At least in this series, he has stood up on the play, cleared the crease with authority and made some very effective checks.

On the other hand Marc Staal is soft, slow and weak. If anyone needs to be shown the door, its this guy.

Dobber Sports Stud

MTL lost most of those critical one on one battles and for all the Price Love, he was outplayed by Henrik. OUTPLAYED !

It must be a bitter pill to lose to the team many thought was going to roll over like they did during the regular season.

Rangers defense made the Habs pay dearly for standing on Henke's doorstep as evidence by Gallagher being shown the crossbar at the end of period 2 of game 6 by DG. We are seeing what a well rested Girardi is capable of.

NY takes the Habs to the woodshed. Scoreboard bro and this one is extra sweet because of all the so called experts who claimed MTL in 5 or 6. Now the fingers start being pointed by the devoted fans all across Canada. Changes coming ? perhaps, but MTL was in the series for most part. It was an exciting series but I think Montreal is too small up front and too old on the backend. NY exposed these weaknesses.

The NYR boards on this site is a wasteland but I remain, loyal and bleeding blue to the very end.

LGR

Dobber Sports Stud

best wishes to the Senators who were the better team this season. They clearly wanted it more than NY did, and Anderson was the superior netminder.

There is a lot of finger pointing in the NY press about how the Rangers flopped this post season. Many are predicting some big changes by Gorton and the supporting structure at MSG.

The Vegas factor could make for some very interesting moves this offseason in NY

1994 is getting farther in the rear view mirror

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So is 2014. I'll admit, Rangers went further than I expected. Won't be shocked next season to see them finish behind Tampa, Florida, Isles, Philly, and Carolina though. Henrik is getting further and further away from his prime. He's not the goalie that can carry them on his back to the finals anymore, and the team around him doesn't look strong enough to do it either. Need a big shakeup.

Dobber Sports Stud

We are going to agree to disagree then.

Tampa needs a healthy Stamkos who averages 52GP over the last 5 seasons. Not buying into that, but you are welcome to it if you like.
    Florida is going with a goalie older than Hank. Unless its Reimer. Give me Hank over Reimer and or Bobby Lu any day.
    Islanders are a train wreck. The worst ice in the league, they also cannot retain their own free agents. Who is their starting netminder ? Halak ? Greiss ?
    Philly is going to be better than NY ? Ok, we will see about that. The flyers blueline does not look all that effective, but stranger things have happened. Who is the starting goalie ?
    Carolina ? seriously mate. Very nice blueline they are developing, the offense looks a lot like NYs actually with a few effective lines. Tell me how many playoffs have they made in the last 5 years ? Darling is the starter with zero experience with them.

Well I applaud you for going on record.

NY needs 1 defenseman to pair with McD. Will it cost them ? absolutely. A ton.
    It won't be Shattenkirk either.

Osgood won a cup at 35 so I don't buy the age argument especially for goalies.
    Tim Thomas won a Conn Smythe at 37.

So the facts disagree with your post.

However since the NY board is a barren wasteland of posts I welcome your input.

Dobber Sports Stud

The NY Post had a very nice post about the buyout of Daniel Girardi. Some of the number he put up over 11 season in NY are very impressive. The was tough, played clean and was the heart and soul of the club.

Hopefully he finds another job in the NHL and can settle into a lower pairing and smaller cap hit where the fans can appreciate what he brings to the game.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/14/an-old-...a-rangers-era/

Dobber Sports Deity

I am sure someone will take him on, at a MUCH lower rate.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

I don't think he'll have a hard time finding a job. he knows he was overpaid for what he can bring and will take a pay cut.
    I to hope he's appreciated on his new team.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Why Dan Girardi always will be considered Rangers royalty

from the NY Post

http://nypost.com/2017/06/18/why-dan...ngers-royalty/

Dobber Sports Stud

Well yesterday was interesting for NY for sure.

They went for 2 Euro forwards who skate well, have skill and enough height so they eventually fill out. No need to rush these guys and NY can wait for them to stew a few seasons.

Gordie Clarke has done a fine job of drafting so far.

They also now have 20 million dollars of payroll they can "invest" in players. Plus Rick Nash and his 7.8 megabuck cap hit is coming off the rolls at the end of this season.
    He either stays on at a lower price, or is moved at the deadline for another asset. Klein is also apparently considering retirement or playing in the EU.

Skjei, Zibanejad and Fast need contracts, but after that its looking like Gorton is going to be taking quite a few calls from teams in need of cutting payroll.
    Its not something NY has been known for these last few years although this past season they had enough banked cap space to bring up a few extra bodies such as Tanner Glass.

Its going to be interesting to see where that money is spent.

Currently the team depth chart looks a little light

C
    Zibanejad
    Hayes
    JT Miller
    Boo Nieves

Top "6" wingers
    Nash
    Zuc
    Kreider
    Buchnevich
    Vesey

Other wingers
    Fast
    Grabner

The blueline is looking rather thin at the moment
    McDonagh
    Staal
    Holden
    Skjei

Klein is rumored to be considering retirement or playing in Europe

Brendan Smith is UFA, 28 years old and is reported to have enjoyed his time on Broadway.

other dmen
    Deangelo
    Kampfer
    Ryan Graves

personally I think Holden is NOT a top 4 dman for a playoff club, although he displayed some nice snarl and finish this past season. His post season however was a high wire act that was not very reassuring. Ideally he belongs on the 3rd pairing LD. I would like to put Staal on that pairing with him but they were both fairly well exposed during the post season and one of them playing "out" of position just makes this NYR fan shudder.

Guys I think NY might target are
    Alzner
    Stone
    The aforementioned Smith