Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: New York Rangers

Canadiens beat the Rangers 5-1

- Goal by Smith-Pelly assisted by Plekanec
    - Goal by Galchenyuk
    - Powerplay goal by Pacioretty assisted by Galchenyuk and Plekanec

Thoughts
    Positives
    - The Rangers power play worked really well and generated a lot of chances. There was a lot of good puck movement and the Rangers scored their only goal on the power play
    - Not much else…the second period wasn't too bad

Negatives
    - Too many to count…but I'll try
    - …All even strength play. The Rangers just played a horrible game at even strength and barely got any offense at all. They looked terrible and this game was easily their worst of the year
    - Defensive zone coverage. There were several times where a Canadien player was left wide open right in front of the net and this led to many of Montreal's goals. Just bad defense from New York tonight
    - While Lundqvist did okay, he should have had the fourth goal and that was the goal that completely put away the game
    - The first period. The Rangers had a terrible start to the first period and let Montreal control the game right from the beginning
    - The quick 2 goals. After the second period, it was 2-1 Canadiens. The Rangers were still in the game until they let in 2 goals in the first few minutes of the third period

Administrator

Lundqvist did keep the game close for a while with a few big saves in the first. It could have gotten out of hand much earlier.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

I didn't really think they deserved two points out of the last two games by the way they played. Lundy stole two from Nashville but even he couldn't win this one. Just plain bad.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    I didn't really think they deserved two points out of the last two games by the way they played. Lundy stole two from Nashville but even he couldn't win this one. Just plain bad.
    They really haven't been too good lately. They've just been lucky and getting a lot of bounces going their way

Dobber Sports Stud

just a pathetic effort the last few games, but the slide really began with the Tampa game.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    just a pathetic effort the last few games, but the slide really began with the Tampa game.
    I didn't get to watch today's game but the Montreal game was just absolutely horrible

The Great One

Epic meltdown at the end of the game. The Rangers lost absolutely lost with Stepan.

Dobber Sports Genius

It's going to be rough playing without Stepan. Maybe they'll try playing Hayes as the second line center and see how he does

Dobber Sports Stud

NY has played competitively without Stepan before. I think Hayes can pick up the slack, but for such a big kid he sure plays small, is easy to knock off the puck and has very little instinct to take the puck into dangerous areas. If only he would train with Kreider
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow have the NYR really stunk it up of late, terrible defense, horrific turnovers, poor defensive play from the forwards. Its all flowing into a perfect storm of stinkitude for NY.

I think the truth about the club lies somewhere between their wonderful start and the recent funk.

Could it be something as simple as exhaustion that is causing this ? Few teams have played as many games as NY over the past 4 or 5 seasons. Larry Brooks over at the NY Post put up this piece today that has some very disturbing numbers

http://nypost.com/2015/12/19/vigneau...d-kevin-hayes/

32 even strength goals in the last 13 games
    Ryan McDonagh on ice for 18 of them
    Marc Staal for 12

just YUCKY play from a team we fans have come to expect more from. Especially consistency and solid defensive play.

Maybe a little of the silver lining
    Dan Girardi has missed the last couple of games with a knee boo boo, so perhaps the extra rest will do him good.
    Dylan Mcilrath has played about as well as any NYR fan could have hoped. Yes he is playing sheltered minutes but he has been effective so far.
    Brady Skjei has displayed solid defensive play and a good set of wheels. He is not looking lost out there despite being 21 years of age with all of 8 AHL games under his belt.
    Dan Boyle has jumped into the play and produced some additional points, despite his defensive coverage and turnovers the improved offensive play is most welcome
    Kevin Klein should be back very soon
    Derek Stepan returned last game, took a big hit and laid one out himself against the Jets and didn't look too worse for wear.

And finally a little discussion for those who do not pay close attention to the contract details about the team
    Girardi
    Staal
    Boyle
    All have NMC in their contracts
    McDonagh's NMC kicks in next season

That leaves Klein and Yandle as the "available" players on the team.

Klein is signed for the next 2 seasons
    Yandle is UFA

I think most people who watch rangers games will agree that Klein has been a very effective RD and perhaps part of the reason NY did not retain Stralman (well that and the term length offered by Tampa)

From this fans perspective Yandle looks like the odd man out. And with the price NY paid to acquire him one has to wonder just exactly what NY was thinking when they brought him in.

anyway thats all I wanted to share today
    Happy Holidays everyone !

Dobber Sports Stud

Commenting on the recent 3-1 Islanders win in Brooklyn

This loss is squarely hung around the neck of Kevin Hayes. The kid just does not have the passion, drive or the think speed to play the game at this point in his career. His horrific turnover resulted in the first goal against and hasn't been his only ugly game affecting turnover this season. NY played an otherwise relatively productive road game yet Hayes pretty much ensured Islander points on this night.

I want to like the kid but he just seems to make the wrong play on most nights.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is McDonaugh concussed again?? How good is Zuccarello??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...R:topheadlines

I don't think he has a concussion and I view Zuccarello as a 60ish point guy who'll probably be good for 20 goals and 40 assists a year

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Zucc is currently on a 65 point pace this season, sneaky player forsure..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

McDonagh has been concussed this season and then took a few games off after taking another cheap shot. Yandle stepped up nicely in his absence.
    As far as NY is concerned its probably welcome rest for their captain as they have had a ton of post season games played over the past 4 or so years.
    Now if AV would ever sit Dan Girardi who is CLEARLY on fumes before the playoffs that would be the smart move.

Zuc is a synergy player who makes those he plays with better. He is fearless too. NY fans love him in much the same way as they did for Mark Pavelich who was a very similar player. He was actually double shifted last game seeing time on the 4th line when Jesper Fasth sat due to the flu. The main issue with Zuc is that he is a pass first kind of player so in that regard is never really going to challenge for a 30 goal season, although if he ever did shot more he could easily hit that mark.

128 shots in 63 games with a 16.4% shooting rate, do the math