Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Hey guys JD here, and happy to be here. I love to ramble on about hockey pretty much most my day, everyday but to get a chance to cover my beloved Leafs well that's just a real treat!!

At 31 years old I have been watching the Leafs since before I could remember with my Dad, growing up in Brampton, ON I don't think I have ever missed a game! I am hoping to pass on that passion to my boys! Although the oldest is a Bruins fan (Not sure what happened??)

Anyways check in as I ramble on about Leafs related news...Starters, injuries, sleepers for your pool (Yes they can exist on the Leafs) Also if you have any Leaf related questions feel free to post up and I will get back to you in timely fashion.

Again thanks to the PG boys for the opportunity!!!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Although the oldest is a Bruins fan (Not sure what happened??)
    check if the postman is a bruins fan
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    I am hoping to pass on that passion to my boys! Although the oldest is a Bruins fan (Not sure what happened??)
    He came to his senses! :P

Looking forward to this since the Leafs are always good for a laugh.

In all seriousness though, I love your posts so I will definitely be keeping an eye on your section. Congrats on landing it.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    He came to his senses! :P

Looking forward to this since the Leafs are always good for a laugh.

In all seriousness though, I love your posts so I will definitely be keeping an eye on your section. Congrats on landing it.
    Thanks.....Yeah and at 4 years old the kid is smarter than his old man already

Dobber Sports Stud

Sleepers on the Leafs do exist... right now I'm doing great with Grabovsky and Kulemin in my main pool. That's also forgetting that last year D'amigo became a legit fantasy prospect, and from this year alone McKegg and Olden could be dangerous.

JD, if ever you need any backup or ideas or anything, I'll be here (or the other places where we attend :P)
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

A few injury updates.....

Phaneuf skated for the 1st time today after leaving November 2nd was projected to mis 4-6 weeks.

Armstrong was able to take shots and skated with the team today still no word on a return date.

Giggy was on the ice in full gear today and is projected to be back as early as this weekend but the word is he will be backing up The Monster.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

go leafs go! i'll be dropping in on this section more than the others so you better do a good job haha. welcome to the team!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dont you worry I love me some Leafs!! I dont love this break between games and no Saturday game WTF what should I do on a Saturday with no Leafs??

Dobber Sports Veteran

Something I posted up on my blog last week but I wanted to post here becuase the kid deserves the props!! Schenn has been great this year!!

From November 17, 2010

Luke Schenn is he a fantasy worthy defenseman this year?

Well depending on what your league categories are he may just be a 4th to 6th D man on your team.

For example in a league that counts G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG SOG FW FL HIT BLK (And I know thats more cats’ than normal) Schenn would actually rank ahead of guys like PK Subban, John Carlson and Bryan McCabe just to name a few.

Schenn actually has very solid numbers this year with 5 points +4 12 PIMS 30 SOG 56 HITS (most among D-Men) and 27 BLK

Schenn is having a great real life year and is showing flashes of the offensive play that he was supposed to have. in a league that counts hits and blocked shots Schenn makes a good 4th D man and a solid wavier wire grab.

Just getting started

Dobber Sports Guru

Just wanted to comment on the Monday night game v Dallas. I was at the game and I made a point of watching - cant really say scouting as I am no scout - Gustavsson closely as he was playing at my end for two of the periods. He was absolutely phenomenal, he was unbelivably focused and concentrated. He was tracking the puck all over the ice, economical in his movement in the crease and he wasnt cheating on shots or moving early but waiting for the shooter to commit. He has been in "the zone" Ever since he came into the game late against the preds and made some great saves to preserve the comeback win he has been on his game. If he continues playing like this I can start dreaming about what to do with the cap space (6M) that will be free after we let giguere walk in the off-season . In the monster I trust.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Just wanted to comment on the Monday night game v Dallas. I was at the game and I made a point of watching - cant really say scouting as I am no scout - Gustavsson closely as he was playing at my end for two of the periods. He was absolutely phenomenal, he was unbelivably focused and concentrated. He was tracking the puck all over the ice, economical in his movement in the crease and he wasnt cheating on shots or moving early but waiting for the shooter to commit. He has been in "the zone" Ever since he came into the game late against the preds and made some great saves to preserve the comeback win he has been on his game. If he continues playing like this I can start dreaming about what to do with the cap space (6M) that will be free after we let giguere walk in the off-season . In the monster I trust.
    I completely agree with this I have watched him all year and especially since Giggy's injury he looks more confident, his rebound control which has always been his weakness looks great and he is really looking like he is getting more square and seems to be in much better position to make the save. What we have to remember is that we likely all have Giggy to thank for this progression, he is known for his work ethic and his great positioning and I am sure that he has had a lot to do with the progression of the Monster.

I am thinking that once J.S. is back we are going to see more of a split the rest of the way and there is an outside chance that Gustavsson wins the job by the end of the year.

Really as a rebuilding team why would you not want to play the hot young goalie and only build his confidence with the veteran presence of Giggy backing him up and guiding him through for the year. Then dump the salary in the off season as you pointed out.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Found this great read on the youngest team in the NHL the Leafs at 26.1 Years Old.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...943/story.html

Dobber Sports Stud

On the Monster, I predicted that he would end up with a 50-30 split between hi mnad Giguere. I just felt that he's good enough to eb a starter now, and he's going to need the time. All he needed was this chance to get more ice. Both are great upgrades on Toskala (a pylon would've been an upgrade).

Also, to continue on with the "Schenn's fantasy potential" subject. A nice article that relates with this same potential :

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2008/0...1-dimensional/

Long story short, his junior numbers (Age compared) are equivalent if not better then Phaneuf and Weber. Written soon after the 2008 draft.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    On the Monster, I predicted that he would end up with a 50-30 split between hi mnad Giguere. I just felt that he's good enough to eb a starter now, and he's going to need the time. All he needed was this chance to get more ice. Both are great upgrades on Toskala (a pylon would've been an upgrade).

Also, to continue on with the "Schenn's fantasy potential" subject. A nice article that relates with this same potential :

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/2008/0...1-dimensional/

Long story short, his junior numbers (Age compared) are equivalent if not better then Phaneuf and Weber. Written soon after the 2008 draft.
    Schenn has been our best player over the course of the season so far in my opinion. It really looks like last year was just a sophmore slump and nothing else. He is back to his rookie form and then some.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great read on Schenn even with Phaneuf I think he will one day be the Capitain of the Leafs!