Thread: Tuuka Rask

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Tuuka Rask

I made a decision last year to build around him as my keeper goalie, and while I'm trying to be patient, I keep losing in my H2H league (team in sig)... I am losing consistently by less than 10 pts. each week so far.

I can improve this year by moving him now, so my question is this:

Can someone please explain how Rask will do anything for me next year, or even the year after that if Thomas is only on the second of a four year pricey contract??? If your answer includes the words trade or injury, no need to respond.

ADVICE please...not sure if I have the power to give rep, but I surely need someone to talk me off the ledge with this team that I had such high expectations for this season.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Veteran

First off, Pavs has been on fire lately. You also have J Quick and Leighton is coming off injury soon. Why you don't sell low on Rask is because his value is at it's lowest point ever, despite his insane recent numbers. Plus, math dictates Timmay cannot continue this. If you're desperate, move one of your other prospects or young guys for a vet to win you some games now but you can't win every year in fantasy, that's the price of running with young guys.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks dong! Man that sounds weird...

I don't want to be that GM - who mortgages the future for next week's points... I can bury Rask this year, but I don't really like the idea of having to do it for two... or three years.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dong's advice is solid. You have a solid goalie in Quick as your number one this year and decent support for him too.

What are you really going to get back for Rask right now? A Raycroft? A 60 point guy? It's just not worth trading him right now. Plus, you'll have Quick & Rask dominating your league soon enough.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Stud

No max G games/week, right? In that case your league format seems to reward G quantity over quality - all 4 categories are cumulative rather than averages. Given that situation, getting more starts looks like the best strategy, and there's no guarantee Rask will get that for you next year or even 2 years from now.

Your team looks competitive in the short term for a 12 team league (though heavy on D relative to F) - if it were me I'd look to trade on Rask's name and potential for someone who's going to get 75%+ of his team's starts, eg a Lehtonen type. On average, 3 Lehtonen games in a week will help you more than 1 Rask game in a week, or even 2 Rask games in a week you might get if Thomas "falters" and Boston becomes a time share.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Master

I'll post just to second the above opinions that you have some solid backups there in Quick and Pavelec to ride out the Tim Thomas storm, which cannot and will not continue. Yes, you may be looking at a platoon this year, but I can't believe that Thomas will be seeing his entire deal through as a starter in Boston with a goalie like Rask in the wings. Chiarelli and the Beans know better than to let Rask rot on the bench. Thomas is a model citizen with the Bruins, so I can see him accepting a lesser role with the team if Rask starts lighting it up, bc he likes it there. That being said, if Thomas continues this into next year and such, then I don't see Rask sitting around either. He's a NHL ready starter, so there's no need to keep him as a backup. Too good. So in short: platoon this year. Next year one is the clear starter in Boston, the other in another jurisdiction. Ride it out for now, bc you'd only be selling low.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck