Thread: Anderson/Schneider/Gustavsson

MacLiii

Question Anderson/Schneider/Gustavsson

I have a dilemma coming up as of Monday with Anderson being activated off of IR. I play in a weekly H2H league (5 gms/wk) that allows 14 keepers each year. Goalies are only allowed to play a maximum of 3 of the 5 games. Also, the league has a 4 goaltender limit unless one is on IR. My top 2 goalies are Howard and Rask. My other keeper from last year was Anderson and I drafted Gustavsson. I then picked up Schneider off the wire as the IR replacement.

My Dilemma is which goalie I should be releasing. Gustavsson or Schneider. I have a soft spot for Schneider (as one of his former coaches), but know that the most games he'll be seeing is in the 10-15 range this year, although if given the shout, I could see him making his way as my 3rd goalie keeper over Anderson. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd love to hear more about your experience coaching Schneider.

MacLiii

I worked with the owner of a hockey organization called the Cape Cod Whalers who play in the Massachusetts Tier 1 Midget League. This was a short season league prior to the High School Hockey season starting up and whoever won the league represented Massachusetts in the National Championships. While attending Philips Andover, Corey played for this team as well. We only had a few practices where I worked with him as the goalie coach; however, he had already played for some of the USA hockey Select teams and I can in no way take any real credit for his immense skills. All I can say is he was a great young man, quite respectful and always worked hard on any drills we had developed. another player on that team was Brian Boyle (New York Rangers).

The King of Diatribes

Hey sorry I did not get to this over the weekend. Is it to late to answer? If so just let me know, or feel free to refine your question and drop it here or in today's mailbag and I'll make sure to get to it before games start today.

MacLiii

Hi Justin,

No, it's not too late to reply. I have until 7:00 PM EST to make my decision, although I'll probably submit my lineup/transactions closer to 4:00 as I have to go coach hockey tonight.

As much as it pains me, I am leaning towards releasing Schneider even though I know he has the talent to be a stud. I've had no bites on any of my offers so far for trades.

The King of Diatribes

Ok. Yeah, with Anderson back, healthy, rested, and only facing 26 shots against the Rangers, he'll probably play very well against Vancouver.

The big indicator with the Avs goalie tandem is whether or not Sacco starts Budaj on Thursday. If Anderson bombs on Wednesday, Budaj should start. If Anderson wins or plays well, does he go with Anderson again, or has Budaj finally instilled enough confidence in Sacco to get those starts on the 2nd night of a back-to-back? Huge indicator right there.

Tough situation you are in, but I would drop Schneider over Gustavsson, especially since Gustavsson is on a roll right now.