Thread: Roloson or Leighton for 2011-12

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Roloson or Leighton for 2011-12

Hey guys,

I have the choice of picking up one of these guys on the cheap. I know they're not the best options but they are the only ones I have this year. I immediately think it's Roloson because he's playing, but are there any other opinions out there?

Minutes played, points, GAA, and Shutouts.

Thanks

The Great One

Your title says 2011-12. Roloson is playing this year, but who knows about next year. Leighton isn't playing right now, because of injury, but who knows about next year. If I had to pick one, I like Leighton more only because of the upside. With Roloson, at best he will split time in NYI again, and there is a very good chance he retires from the NHL by next season.

At least with Leighton, you have to figure that at worse he will be Philly's backup, and even though Bobrovsky has been great, there is still a good chance that Leighton re-gains the starting job for Philly. And if he does that, you will have hit a home run by grabbing him instead of Roloson.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Your title says 2011-12. Roloson is playing this year, but who knows about next year. Leighton isn't playing right now, because of injury, but who knows about next year. If I had to pick one, I like Leighton more only because of the upside. With Roloson, at best he will split time in NYI again, and there is a very good chance he retires from the NHL by next season.

At least with Leighton, you have to figure that at worse he will be Philly's backup, and even though Bobrovsky has been great, there is still a good chance that Leighton re-gains the starting job for Philly. And if he does that, you will have hit a home run by grabbing him instead of Roloson.
    Oooops, my bad. Sorry everyone it's for 2010-2011

The Great One

ah...well, for this season I'd go with Roloson then. Like you said, he is at least playing. Leighton is not only injured still, but with the way Bobrovsky is playing he isn't going to win the starting job back soon.

Although I think over the course of two seasons, anything is possible, I don't see Leighton regaining the starting job that fast (if ever).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98