Thread: Sens Goalie Situation.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Sens Goalie Situation.

So what is the story here? Is Elliott there go to guy now or is he due to split time with Leclaire? I know Leclaire is injury prone but who gets more starts here?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Leclaire gets hurt enough that you could almost bet that Elliott will get more starts.

Funny thing about Elliott though is that you never quite feel like he is the Sens legitimate #1. For some reason Leclaire's name keeps getting mentioned despite his dismal 12-17 record and approximate stats like .885 SV% and 3.50 GAA with the Sens.

Meanwhile Eliott is 55-32 with the Sens with around .908 SV% and 2.68 GAA.

I'm not saying Elliott is a superb goalie but they seem to be winning with him playing.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Elliott is not quite elite level, but he will do the job most of the time if you plug him in based on matchups alone. Leclaire has been given every opportunity to succeed and keeps getting injured or blown out. Same situation as last year.

Dobber Sports Icon

The safe choice is Elliott but if LeClaire stays healthy hes the better Goalie all around. Best to get them both if u run with an Ottawa Goalie.

Wheres BIG EV when u need him!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    The safe choice is Elliott but if LeClaire stays healthy hes the better Goalie all around. Best to get them both if u run with an Ottawa Goalie.
    I think you nailed it Sparrow. I have never had great confidence in Elliot. He seems to be able to roll on 6-7 game stints, but falters with longer terms. LeClair is the better goalie, but we all know his story.

I think the goalie future lies with Lehner and these two are filling the gap until Lehner is ready.

I would be surprized if LeClair gets re-signed after this year. Elliot will likely split next season with Lehner. (barring any setbacks to Lehner developement......)
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner