Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Get PAVELEC NOW!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Get PAVELEC NOW!

If he's still on the wire in your league and you need a goalie, grab him while you still can. He's very close to completely seizing the starting job in Atlanta. 7 goals on 107 shots in his last 3 starts and dude is locked in. If they start playing well around him, he could post crazy numbers.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Padawan

He does have the talent to be a really solid goalie.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's got talent, consistency has always been the issue though.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    He's got talent, consistency has always been the issue though.
    I agree with that but look at the last 5 games he's been in. Even in his return vs the Blues where they lost 3-2, I think, only 1 of the goals was at all his fault. I know he'll give up a boneheaded goal here and there but he has a ton of pure talent. He reminds me a whole lot of Luongo but with potential to have better rebound control and positioning.

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

Dobber Sports Genius

Dished Vokoun and Tavares for Stastny and Niemi in my cash league just cause I knew I could roll with this guy and Miller as my solid 1-2 punch while I wait out SJ situation...guy will finish season as a fringe top 10 netminder and can be acquired for dirt cheap

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am not sold on this guy yet, but part of that is because I do not trust Atlanta to play well in front of him. I am not biting on him yet but will keep an eye on him, for sure.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blunas View Post
    I am not sold on this guy yet, but part of that is because I do not trust Atlanta to play well in front of him. I am not biting on him yet but will keep an eye on him, for sure.
    TBH, I was also worried about their defense but they did shut out the caps last night. I think they'll continue to struggle on D but he's so good, if you can get him for free or cheap, do it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thought Buff was still out which is why I didn't play Pav last night. Damn it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    TBH, I was also worried about their defense but they did shut out the caps last night. I think they'll continue to struggle on D but he's so good, if you can get him for free or cheap, do it.
    I totally agree. Already had Bryz, Lehtonen & Ellis, but the TB timeshare concerned me, so I dropped a skater for Pavalec. I was unsure about picking him up before the Wash game, but glad I did.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    His stock is definitely on the rise! Problem is I have Luongo, Lundqvist and Neuvirth on one team, and then Bryzgalov, Bob and Neuvirth on the other. Not sure I could drop anyone on either team for Pavelec at this point....?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blunas View Post
    His stock is definitely on the rise! Problem is I have Luongo, Lundqvist and Neuvirth on one team, and then Bryzgalov, Bob and Neuvirth on the other. Not sure I could drop anyone on either team for Pavelec at this point....?
    Yeah, you can't cut any of them but keep an eye on Neuvy, whose numbers have been poor lately.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

"he could post crazy numbers"

He will NOT post crazy numbers in Atlanta...repeat...he will NOT post crazy numbers in Atlanta. Yes, he's on a nice run right now...look at the kid's career numbers...look at Atlanta's goalies numbers over the years...if you are desparate for goalies and he's on the wire...sure, but I wouldn't trade anything of value for him

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by notoriusbug View Post
    "he could post crazy numbers"

He will NOT post crazy numbers in Atlanta...repeat...he will NOT post crazy numbers in Atlanta. Yes, he's on a nice run right now...look at the kid's career numbers...look at Atlanta's goalies numbers over the years...if you are desparate for goalies and he's on the wire...sure, but I wouldn't trade anything of value for him
    He's only signed in Atlanta for 1 more year after this but to be frank, Pavelec IS plenty worth investing in if you're in a dynasty format. Obviously, you don't give up Crosby for him but if you can get him for a reasonable price, do it. He's got elite talent.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No matter who starts in ATL, they will always put up crappy numbers over the course of the season cause ATL gives up a ton of goals.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    No matter who starts in ATL, they will always put up crappy numbers over the course of the season cause ATL gives up a ton of goals.
    Facepalm Spouting off mindless nonsense isn't good fantasy advice. I'm well aware of the poor team GAA of Atlanta the past 3 seasons, but they're not going to be that bad this season. They struggled early on without Bogo and Buff getting used to being on D again, they're playing a bit better now. I'd expect them to come in around 20th in team GAA this year but with Pavs playing as he is, he's a good option in a lot of leagues.

BTW, the real reason for his success is that opponents study the tape on Pavs and see no holes, so they really try to fine tune it. This makes them too selective and that really helps out the goalie.