Thread: Thomas or Anderson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Thomas or Anderson

Points only, non-keeper league( 2 for a win and 3 more for a shutout)

Who would you rather own for the remainder of the year?
    Are Thomas and Rask going to split starts or do you see Thomas getting majority of the games?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Sage

I think I see Thomas getting most of the games.

Anderson is a solid goalie, but Budaj isnt the slouch he's been in the past. If you read what Goldman has to say on this situation, you can tell that Budaj is a lot more relaxed this year and I think he's playing a lot better because of that. With that info, I would assume that when Anderson comes back, he's not going to get such a huge workload as opposed to last year. So, I think you'll get similar #'s in terms of starts between Thomas and Anderson (Anderson might have a few more, but not much IMO), and Thomas will put up the better numbers.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Stud

Thomas in a one-year. Anderson was really inconsistent last season (check his monthly splits) and faded toward the end (though he came back big vs. SJ in the playoffs). He didn't start this season so well either, and I don't trust him as much as TT. Even if Thomas starts a few less games than Anderson, he's a better bet for W's and SOs when he does start.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thomas I really do think that Anderson was another case of a career backup playing over his head and much like Leighton I think will not have a starting gig by years end. Goalies are a funny breed!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Thomas I really do think that Anderson was another case of a career backup playing over his head and much like Leighton I think will not have a starting gig by years end. Goalies are a funny breed!
    I kind of disagree, Andy is legit as a starter. Even though last season was something that will be impossible to replicate, he is a solid fantasy option. The concern for Thomas is injury and age. If he slows down even a little, Rask will pop in and it will be a platoon. My best advice is to keep an eye on it for a couple weeks before deciding, if possible.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne