Thread: My Cam Ward for Tampa's goalies PLUS Rick Nash

Dobber Sports Novice

Default My Cam Ward for Tampa's goalies PLUS Rick Nash

I'm in a keeper pool, standard scoring, 13 teams.

Here's the trade offer: my Cam Ward for his D. Ellis, M. Smith and Rick Nash.

My other goalie is N. Backstrom. I'd love to have Rick Nash, and I'm not going for it this year, so the question is whether Ellis or Smith will eventually become a true number 1 and be a 30 game winner (or will they continue to trade games and cannibalize one another's stats). Or is there a Bobrovsky lying in the weeds that I'm not aware of, that will usurp them both? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

So basically it's Ward for Nash...

That's a tough one. Is it forwards only or is there a premium on wingers? What's "standard scoring"?

I like Ward a lot and I think Nash is the most overrated fantasy player in the league, but it depends on your league settings.

ps: Ward will win 40 games this year.

Dobber Sports Stud

while it would be nice to have Rick Nash. I think that Ward is the hands down best goalie...followed by Backstrom.

The TB tandem will be nice, but I don't have much faith in either of them. They're not that young, and what you see may be what you get. I don't think either of them will be the goalie that Ward is.

HOWEVER.....without seeing your team, and the fact that Nash is pretty good. I think it's a pretty good return. You will be losing the best goalie of the group, but TB is a pretty strong team this year and you will pick up wins...you just have to be prepared to deal with some real stinkers along the way in the peripheral stats.

Pools are won by making the tough trades and gambles. I think if you gamble with this, it may pay off. You're getting a top player, and decent goalies.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH
    RW - Marner, Kucherov, R. Smith
    D - Makar, Hamilton, Heisknen, Dillon
    G - Vasilevskiy, Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Aho, Theodore

The Magnificent One

not loving this. if you are getting 3 players and losing only 1 who do you need to drop to make this happen?

i like nash too trust me i have tried and failed in every league i am in to get him. but ward is also a player i have tried to get.

i would stick with ward.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

as newper said, who you have to drop may end up calling this deal off. nash may be one of the most overrated players, but he is still a top player and should improve once the quality of his linemates improve.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think in the worst case that this trade would be a draw if you aren't having to drop anyone of substance. As Kootie suggests, it could turn out to be a real winner for you.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Smith is not mentionable, so you get Ellis and Nash and you're not making a run this season? It depends how badly you need a winger and who else you've got at G beside Backstrom. It's pretty even to me, gamble if you feel like it.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like it depending on you have to drop really if Ellis ends up playing well like most of thinkihe will then you could have just landed Nash for nothing..BUT who do you have to drop