Thread: Washington Goalie Situation Question

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Washington Goalie Situation Question

Hey Guys,

I know this issue has been brought up many times around here but I have a quick question.

I currently have neuvirth but i'm starting to get a bit nervous with his play and with Boudreaus unpredictability when it comes to goalies. Varly is already taken in my league but i was wondering if i should pick up Holtby. He looked great vs bost (even though he didnt play much) and he looked great vs Phili. He just seems like he's going to be a good NHL goalie

Is there any way that Holtby can sneak in and swipe the job? and am I overreacting with Neuvys play (i.e. should i be patient)?

I'm in a full team keeper league

Thanks in advance for the help

Salak

Dobber Sports Novice

I think you should be patient. If he lost tonight it would be more worrisome but he didn't, once they tied it 3-3 he shut the door and got the win so I think he'll be fine in Boudreau's books. However, Neuvy letting in more goals like this may hasten a Varly start but I wouldn't worry about Holtby unless Varly gets a long-term injury, then grab him.

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs View Post
    I think you should be patient. If he lost tonight it would be more worrisome but he didn't, once they tied it 3-3 he shut the door and got the win so I think he'll be fine in Boudreau's books. However, Neuvy letting in more goals like this may hasten a Varly start but I wouldn't worry about Holtby unless Varly gets a long-term injury, then grab him.
    I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE.

More mental toughness from Neuvy. Gave up three goals, two of which were ehhhhhh. Especially the one from the Boogey man.

But when it mattered most, he was solid. Not overly tested (under .900 save percentage) but got a big win after being below average the previous two games.

But the "falling back" dynamic is playing true through the start of this week, as I suspected. Proceed with caution, but don't be worried about him losing enough traction to allow Holtby to come in. Varly is healthy, things will go back to normal.........unless that groin is still tender.