Thread: Neuvirth or Varlamov

Dobber Sports Star

Default Neuvirth or Varlamov

Who starts the majority of games down the stretch or do you see a 50/50 split if everyone's healthy?

Was thinking of traded Ward and Turco for Quick and Bobrovsky, then trading BOB to the Leighton owner for Neuvirth.

I'd end up with Quick, Bryz and Neuvirth.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

Sounds like a net gain (pun intended).

Quick > Ward
    Neuvirth > Turco

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Are you in Yahoo?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The reason I ask is that in Yahoo playoffs here are the teams with the best games schedule for the 3 weeks - relating mostly to the goalies you have mentioned (except Colorado & Boston)

1. Colorado
    2/3. Boston, Philly
    4. Chicago
    5. Carolina/LA
    6. Washington
    7. Phoenix

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Who starts the majority of games down the stretch or do you see a 50/50 split if everyone's healthy?

Was thinking of traded Ward and Turco for Quick and Bobrovsky, then trading BOB to the Leighton owner for Neuvirth.

I'd end up with Quick, Bryz and Neuvirth.
    I don't think you need to worry, because you won't trick the first guy into handing you Quick and Bobrovsky for Ward and Turco. Two good goalies on good teams for a good goalie on a bad team, and a bad goalie on a good team. Bob for Neuvirth is at least a little fairer, but like I alluded to, you can't trade a goalie you don't have.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    I don't think you need to worry, because you won't trick the first guy into handing you Quick and Bobrovsky for Ward and Turco. Two good goalies on good teams for a good goalie on a bad team, and a bad goalie on a good team. Bob for Neuvirth is at least a little fairer, but like I alluded to, you can't trade a goalie you don't have.
    I'm not sure I agree.

I'd be interested in giving up Quick and Bobrovsky for Ward and Turco.

Quick is playing very well and getting great results but we all know Bernier is breathing down his neck. I think Quick keeps his starting job for this year but from there, who knows.

As for Bobrovsky...well, he's a rank rookie with Leighton soon to return. Bob could see his arse stapled to the bench once that happens.

You may not like Turco, but he's the undisputed starter on a pretty good Chicago team, and Ward is a legit starter on a Carolina team that is better than people think. They've started so-so, but just like last year, I think they'll pick it up as the season progresses.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    you can't trade a goalie you don't have.
    I thought about that too when I originally replied. Has the Neuvirth owner already agreed to trade him for Bob if you get him? Unless that deal is set in stone, I think you're looking too far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I think Quick keeps his starting job for this year but from there, who knows.
    Since the sig says he keeps only four, I think what happens to Quick beyond this season is a nonfactor.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    As for Bobrovsky...well, he's a rank rookie with Leighton soon to return. Bob could see his arse stapled to the bench once that happens.
    He'd have to collapse for that to happen. Leighton has never done anything, and Bobrovsky is much more in their future plans. It's not like we're dealing with Rask and Thomas, here. Leighton is a career 900/3.00 goalie who had a good season in a part-time role last year. First year with a SV% above .901 since 2003 actually.

And I guess I've just given up on Turco becoming close to what he used to be in Dallas. I had high hopes to begin the year but honestly, I think he'll have a good winning % but hurt in the ratios. And who knows what kind of time Crawford will see, it's not like Turco is making that much that they'll feel bad about playing the hot hand. Huet and his $6M contract sat on the bench last season while the $800K Niemi got 35 regular season starts and all 22 in the playoffs. To be honest I'm surprised Chicago let Niemi walk for a measly $2M. How many goalies get 16 wins in the playoffs and are subsequently tossed aside to save $700K?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    The reason I ask is that in Yahoo playoffs here are the teams with the best games schedule for the 3 weeks - relating mostly to the goalies you have mentioned (except Colorado & Boston)

1. Colorado
    2/3. Boston, Philly
    4. Chicago
    5. Carolina/LA
    6. Washington
    7. Phoenix
    Yes it is a Yahoo league..very good point regarding playoff games. I usually don't look into that until later in the season.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Star

If you're refering to Ward as a bad goalie on a bad team I think you're wrong. Ward is far from bad. He's always put up respectable stats even on bad Carolina teams. Toss out last season with the injury.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

IR
    -Demko