Thread: WTF is up with Rinne?

Banned

Default WTF is up with Rinne?

last 4 games...16 GA, this is not at all what we expected from him...he looked great early on but has really struggled lately, please dont be a sophomore slump (not truly sophomore I guess but same principal)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i am facing gmgates heads up this week in fantasy hockey, and he owns rinne. i bought the hockeygods a shitload of beer to bring rinne back to earth this week. he'll be fine starting monday

but on a serious note, he's just having a bad week i suppose. i dont really watch nashville games (yawn) but he's a good goalie and he'll be back in form in no time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If tonight is any indication, he appears to be lacking confidence, and even seems a bit rattled. The head is shaking after goals go in, and he seems to be giving the staredown. Perhaps having Lindback breathing down his neck does not help.
    12 Team Keeper, Cap 69.0mil, 12f,6d,2g 8Farm - use Cap Hit
    Scoring G/A/PPG/PPA/SHG/SHA/Hits/GWG/OTG/Shots/-PIM
    F-Giroux/N.Backstrom/Voracek/Getzlaf/Granlund/Soderberg/Toffoli/Hertl/Bennett/Shaw/Zibanejad/Etem
    D-Pietrangelo/Keith/Kronwall/HLindholm/Donovan/Hamilton/CMurphy
    Farm - Dumba/Maatta/Strome/Huberdeau/Teravainen/Kapanen/Honka/Koekkoek
    G-Price/Bernier

14 Team Keeper, Cap 64.3mil,Pts only, 9f,4d,2g
    F-Malkin/Benn/Backstrom/Voracek/Nichushkin/Teravainen/Kucherov/Stastny/Foligno/Coyle/Forsberg/
    D-Hedman/Reilly/Goligoski/B.Smith/Murphy/Ellis
    G-Rinne/Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Ace

Nashville really misses Suter at EV and on the PK...it's a systemic problem.
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Sophomore

suter btw hasn't practiced since he was hurt last i checked, but should be back practicing this week i believe... and i think he plays a bigger role on the backend than some people give him credit for.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i am facing gmgates heads up this week in fantasy hockey, and he owns rinne. i bought the hockeygods a shitload of beer to bring rinne back to earth this week. he'll be fine starting monday
    So that's what happened! Not cool haha...

While it was a terrible week, I'm not concerned... until Lindback outplays him this week...

Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sorry, it's my fault. I traded for him just before the season, and every goalie I acquire immediately turns to crap. And to make matters worse, I traded Sharp and Letang for Rinne and a draft pick... didn't foresee Sharp and Letang being the top scoring F and D in the league a month in.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

The King of Diatribes

Active, reflex-based goalies that struggle with timing look worse than they actually are. What I don't like is his over-animated negative reactions to goals he allows. That's a sign of an immature mental game. Giving up a few goals that he would normally have or losing a few games in a row is no big deal. But the way he reacts is not good - he leads me to believe he thinks it is the end of the world.

He is putting too much pressure on himself. His focus is way too narrowed. This comes from a high-skilled goalie that doesn't have all the experience in the world. This is simply a part of him developing into a true long-term goalie.

I'm not trying to make excuses for his weak play, but I don't think it's anything that damages his long-term value. He is a super animated, super energetic goalie. I've explained this dynamic of his game a number of times, and because he's so animated he will sooner or later have these kind of weak slides where he's chasing the puck, lunging.....and missing.

Also remember that scouts do their homework. Teams know what kind of style he has. If I know it, NHL teams know it. He has to step up his game, and not technically, but mentally.

I'll think about it a little more and add some more thoughts to School of Block on monday on how to handle him from a fantasy perspective. Or what you can come to expect statistically.

Anders Lindback being a potent threat definitely plays a big role in how Rinne handles his current struggle. This is uncharted territory for Rinne and he has to look at what aspects of his "active" style works and what he needs to eliminate in order to make his game a little more refined. I think he needs to become a bit more conservative...but that's just me. Less is more1!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I dropped Brodeur for him in a one-year... I need him to turn it around otherwise I'm really going to be wishing I held onto Brodeur or took Halak.

Dobber Sports Master

Justin, I sure hope you sent your post to Rinne.....Put it on his facebook wall, send him an email, twitter, snail mail, messenger pigeon, smoke signals and singing telegrams too.

Oh and send the same thing to Rask, please!

To me it also looks like NSH as a team is letting him down. Missed assignments everywhere. He can't steal every game. They're gonna have to win him one for him to shake this off...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The King of Diatribes

AHAHAHAHHAHA messenger pidgeon. That's awesome =) Thanks for the laugh.

Didn't see the Preds game since I covered Holtby's first career start (will post to ramblings) but it looked like he had the same kind of issues as far as active hands are concerned. STOP LUNGING YOU LANKY BASTARDS AND LET THE PUCK HIT YOU.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Saw in the ramblings that Weber is a -7 without Suter, so looking forward to his return as a Rinne owner. Also, anyone care to tell me what kind of a center a person could get for Rinne? I really need to upgrade there.