Thread: Makes Any Moves?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Makes Any Moves?

What do you guys/gals think of the following players available through free agency?

Jakub Voracek (RW)
    Nik Antropov (C)
    Marek Zidlicky (D)
    David Perron (LW)
    Jamie Benn (LW)

I've automatically assumed my potential drops are:
    David Clarkson (RW)
    Steve Mason (G)
    Taylor Hall (LW)
    Tyler Ennis (C,LW)

I'm not saying I'd drop all of them for all of them, just wondering if there are a select few moves that stick out to you. Thanks.
    12 Team H2H Partial Keeper: Keep 4 (1G Max).
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Stepan, Trocheck, Monahan
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Schenn (C), Vatrano (C)
    RW: Okposo, Reinhart (C), Larkin (C)
    D: Karlsson, Yandle, Hamilton
    G: Holtby, Dubnyk, Mason
    IR: Gallagher (RW)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2Util, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 1IR.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Drop Ennis for Benn
    Drop Clarkson for Voracek

Benn is better than ennis right now for a one year league. Eventually they will be a wash, but Benn is better right now

Clarkson has been awful on an awful team so I would drop him for voracek in a heartbeat
    10 team - 12Keeper main 16 keep farm
    H2H G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG, GAA,W,SV%
    C - Staal, Backstrom, Tavares, Vermette
    RW - Perry, Franzen, Kessel, Clarkson
    LW - Ovechkin, Clowe, Avery, Huselius
    D - Chara, Keith, Stralman, McCabe, Goligoski
    G - Fleury, Niittymaki, Anderson

Farm
    F- Gerbe E.Kane Benn stepan ennis Stalberg
    D- Carlson McBain
    G- Neuvrith karlsson J.Campbell Leighton

Dobber Sports Novice

Yeah, I'd definitely dump Benn for Ennis, especially since you're well stocked at C. Given the rest of your lineup, I'm not sure what Antropov or Zidlicky really bring to the table.

Dropping Clarkson for Voracek is probably pretty sound too, but depends on how long you think Jersey will be this bad.

Hall is starting to click and Mason has plenty of time to turn things around.

Dobber Sports Ace

Perron is out tonight with concussion-like symptoms, FYI

Voracek is on the Nash/Brassard line which adds value to him. The other guy is Benn definitely

Point of caution on Mason. Most, including the CBJ coach evidently, consider him to still be the #1 goalie so he'll get more chances to improve his consistency; he's been very up and down so far. I would not drop him; if you want to move on I would wait until he gets 1-2 more good games under his belt and then try to trade him for something. Garon is good, but not going to steal and the job and hold it IMO
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'll follow up off of Front89's thoughts on Mason and add, given your goalies I'd hold on to him, wait to see if he can build a good string of games then try to move him. Otherwise I'd stay the course and use him when and where you can off the bench. If you do get rid of him make it a trade and not a drop. If he can get on a good run he'll pay bigger dividends on the trade market then anything you'll get at any position off waivers.

I could see a point to be made for dropping Clarkson for Voracek given you can handle the loss of PIM. Granted that's about all, aside from SOG, that Clarkson's given you so far. I would suggest if you do drop Clarkson for Voracek, to keep and eye on Clarkson's production. He's firing quite a few SOGs and I don't think the team as whole or him will continue to play this bad. Who knows what might happen if they and him heat up and he continues to shoot at that pace. Be ready to possibly scoop him back up later, if things turn around in Jersey.

I'm going to be the contrarian here and say keep Ennis and Hall. There's not a lot of difference between the three for me, and I'll grant you Benn has the better numbers so far. Personally I'd stick with Ennis and Hall, but that's just me. Keep an eye on Perron's status as well though. If I were to drop either Hall or Ennis I'd rather get Perron than Benn.

That's my 2 cents.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....