Thread: Mason or Bobrovsky - one year

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Mason or Bobrovsky - one year

I know I know, another Mason thread. They are popping up like mushrooms now (kind of like the Hudler ones) but I am wondering if I should drop him for BOB in a one year league with limited moves.

My team is in the Sig and goalies only count for W's and SV%.

My only concern is if Philly will stick with Bob or go back to Leighton. I know Mason is the guy in Columbus as he is the future while Garon is just playing over his head at the moment.

Flyers are racking up the W's though so it could help my woes in that category.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Rep will be given to solid answers

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would pick up Bobrovsky, but I wouldn't drop Mason to do it. Bobrovsky has too much uncertainty once Leighton returns. Mason should at least get 50/50 split as the season rolls on, whereas we don't know if that will be the case for Bob.

I'd drop Hudler or McBain to make that pickup.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I would pick up Bobrovsky, but I wouldn't drop Mason to do it. Bobrovsky has too much uncertainty once Leighton returns. Mason should at least get 50/50 split as the season rolls on, whereas we don't know if that will be the case for Bob.

I'd drop Hudler or McBain to make that pickup.
    I agree, probably dump Hudler for Bob and wait on Mason a little bit longer.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

Since it's a Yahoo league, I know that Eberle, Pavelski and Sharp are all wing-eligible (and Ryan is center-eligible), so you have enough depth to cover both forward positions and don't need Hudler. He'd be my drop too. And since you start 2G, I think you need a third and should grab Bob ASAP if he's the best available. Between Mason's slump and Lehtonen's injury-proneness, you're losing too many goalie starts. With no stud #1 goalie, I might grab two if another decent one is available (and drop McBain; Doughty has been reactivated, and I don't think any team needs more than one bench D in a one-year league).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sorry guys, forgot to update my sig. McBain and Hudler have been dropped earlier to clear room for Doughty and I added Horcoff who has been scoring pretty regularly. Ideally I do not want to carry more than 2 goalies since we only count W's and SV% so literally for me it comes down to Bob vs Mason (or Lehtonen).

Only other I could drop maybe Horcoff or Versteeg but skaters are more valuable in this league.