Quote Originally Posted by shook81 View Post
Hahaha...you do realize that you chose, at random, arguably the most consistent goalie in fantasy hockey history. Brodeur has played in 18 NHL seasons, is a known quantity, and already has a spot in the hockey hall of fame. Brodeur's splits indicate that he is consistently good. Mason's small sample indicate that he his consistently below-average.

Mason has played all of 14 months in the NHL...that's it, 14 months. The longer he plays the better we can judge his abilities. I was merely illustrating that his last twelve months seem far more indicative of his abilities than the first two...information that is probably helpful for frustrated Mason owners seeking some answers as two why he has been such a disappointment in the past two seasons.
Wrong. Brodeur had a solid season that yr (I picked him out of the consistent goalies of which there are <10). However, his splits were roughly identical to Mason's solid season. Meaning, in a good yr the aforementioned split analysis based on 2 'hot' months is misleading. Why? Brodeur had the same pattern. Does he suck based on that yr? Obviously not. Therefore, claiming Mason's good season wasnt that good at all from the splits is erroneous.

My opinion is that he is playing bad. just watch him a couple of times. Getting that opinion from the splits is not reliable.