Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Story behind your username?

NY streets, sewers & on occasion in a farm

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    And the story behind my name is nothing special. I didn't want to just go with 42 so I threw a "T" in there. It's the ultimate answer, for those who don't know
    Awesome book!!! Movie was alright, laughed a lot more reading it though

As for my name, Arnold Jones doesn't really instill fear into scuzbuckets and such, Casey Jones has a better ring to it...I think. Though wielding any blunt object usually suffices in the fear instillation. Though if that blunt object is really some green rolled in a half shell I get pretty spooked and paranoid
    THE GOONGALA SQUAD

Dobber Sports Icon

Love the name man, Casey Jones is one of my favorite TMNT characters of all time. He's right up there with Mondo Gecko and Dreadmon from the comic books and of course Michaelangelo.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    I've been into hockey pools for quite some time. I may or may not be a geek. At some point, I started applying some reasonably intensive valuation and stat manipulation techniques to the players on my teams... it was pretty much over at that point.

As for the avatar:

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
    HPG...that is f-ing awesome!! And, I'm afraid you are a geek. But a very, very cool geek.

As for yours truly, the name is a reflection of my personality (a trait anyway) and obviously a play on the word "bombastic". Work hard, but play harder. Balls to wall baby!

As for the avatar, well, that changes w/some frequency depending on what the voices in my head say. This particular one is from the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (one of my favs). You'd have to have seen the movie to understand, but it reflects my state of being on most days.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    ...Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (one of my favs). You'd have to have seen the movie to understand, but it reflects my state of being on most days.
    Trippy. What a cast, that movie.
    Man... if your life is like Fear & Loathing... it must be really, really interesting.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I need a damn avatar

Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Trippy. What a cast, that movie.
    Man... if your life is like Fear & Loathing... it must be really, really interesting.
    Well, it's interesting to me (not to mention perplexing w/ regard to human behavior exhibited on a daily basis). Not sure how others would perceive it to be...

Let's just say the view from here is cynically surreal w/ a comedic bent.

BUT I LOVES ME SOME HOCKEY!!!!!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is a great thread.

Mine's pretty boring, just a nick-name given to me by a few people.
    And no, it's not because i waive 100 dollar bills around lol

Might change it though, as i feel a bit embarrassed after reading all the great ideas others had for their usernames

.. and damn, i need an avatar
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    F/D Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
    G Cats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Pro Roster
    C: M Ribeiro, B Richards, D Roy, J Skinner
    LW: R Clowe, Z Parise
    RW: T Purcell
    D: T Enstrom, JM Liles, D Phaneuf

G: R Miller, J Reimer

Farm Team
    L Omark, J Blum, G Clitsome, J Huberdeau, Z Dalpe, L Adam

Dobber Sports Stud

Simple.

Homage to the guy with the GREATEST Hockey name ever.

Chico is so much cooler than Glen.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Mine is pretty boring compared to most of you, leafs = favorite team, 2014 = when the leafs snap cup drought.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Guru

Ya mine is no secret just my favourite hockey player of all time. grew up in Toronto in wendel's heyday and just loved the way he played the game, full tilt every shift, could snipe with the best of 'em with that ridiculous wristshot, could hit as hard as anyone and could fight with the best fighters of all time (McSorley, Probert etc.) Just an absolute beauty.

As a side note I have met the guy a couple of times and once had drinks with him and dougie G and they are both class acts all the way.

For those who need some education re wendel here a little clip for you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb58BR4OWmU

Wish more guys who fought actually knew how to play hockey, scrappers these days are one-trick ponies

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As for my name, Arnold Jones doesn't really instill fear into scuzbuckets and such, Casey Jones has a better ring to it...I think. Though wielding any blunt object usually suffices in the fear instillation. Though if that blunt object is really some green rolled in a half shell I get pretty spooked and paranoid

To Casey Jones; Isn't he the goaltender mask-wearing dude in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

As for mine, the Grateful Dead way: Pulled out the dictionary and pointed 2 random words.
    Kids, you tried your best and failed miserably. Lesson is, never try. -Homer Simpson.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not entirely sure as to how my mind went with this one, but basically I wanted to say I was "all in" when it comes to hockey pools. Didn't like "all in", seemed to simple. I was born in England so went with a saying I used to like. "If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound".

Thought about changing the name when people started calling me Penny on the boards, but I don't mind it so much now. Especially as it takes my mind to Penny from Big Bang Theory...
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Stud

i started my own hockey blog and settled on the name just because the game is played on shallow frozen water. it was also supposed to be a bit indicative of me too since i'm relatively shallow, rather introverted and mostly made of water anyway.
    my avatar is actually a pic of me ... in much simpler days.

Dobber Sports Icon

I got the "lanky" nickname coming up because of my extreme stature (was 6'8 in high school and 165 lbs).

The other numbers were my jersey numbers coming up through school. 5 and 22.

The "cool spot" avatar has sort of become my signature I guess. I remember playing it for hours on SEGA, and while i sometimes cringe at the brand advertisement of it, I just love the avatars that I put up... They're hypnotizing... and without even seeing my username, people know it's me.

click on my name and check out my public profile if you want to see where "cool spot" comes from (for those of you who don't know/are interested).
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Star

I love maple syrup.. which comes from sugar maple trees, and I'm a forester, and my first name is martin... and it all rhymes which isn't half bad either.

As for the avatar.. you can't go wrong with a Simpsons classic. I was watching some season 1 episodes just the other day... wow we've come a long ways in the cartoon world.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg