Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry about Zach Parise

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    But seriously, I want my money back for drafting Patrick O'Sullivan last year.
    Now that one is valid. Ditto for Nik Zherdev. But in predicting fantasy hockey, my appeal is to go black or white, whereas other guides go grey. They'll say Zherdev will get 50 points (i.e. conservative vs. what he had his last NHL season) and O'Sullivan will get 35 (i.e. what he had last year). But I went either all in, or nothing. 70 and 48 or 0. It looks like 0...so I should have went white instead of black.
    But I'm not responsible for injuries or craziness (Fleury, Kovalchuk, Parise...) LOL
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

This is hilarious, love the use of upper case for emphasis (e.g., "TWO pools"), he's YELLING at Dobber. He's either 11 years old or a complete moron, or both.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Now that one is valid. Ditto for Nik Zherdev. But in predicting fantasy hockey, my appeal is to go black or white, whereas other guides go grey. They'll say Zherdev will get 50 points (i.e. conservative vs. what he had his last NHL season) and O'Sullivan will get 35 (i.e. what he had last year). But I went either all in, or nothing. 70 and 48 or 0. It looks like 0...so I should have went white instead of black.
    But I'm not responsible for injuries or craziness (Fleury, Kovalchuk, Parise...) LOL
    Should you have known about Parise? Nah. But the one thing that really bothers me about your guide is that you go white or black. You are hit and or miss and I would rather have what is more likely to happen. More likely someone gets 55 points than 20 points or 80 points. That way way people don't invest so much and lose so much. Sure some people could win huge but it is not what most people want to pay for.

I would rather you say "50" points, with 40% chance to get 80.

Seeing something like that I would probably draft him as a 55-60 point guy as opposed to an 80 or a 40.

I did find that letter funny though.
    Last edited by Kickerz; November 3, 2010 at 12:35 AM.
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Legend

Wow. You failed him Nostradobber.

I mean if this guy expected you to be clairvoyant, he should have been asking for lottery numbers instead of fantasy hockey projections. Some people are just impossible to please.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Initiate

But seriously, I want my money back for drafting Paul Kariya and Vincent Lecavalier last year.
    Fixed!
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Kickerz View Post
    Should you have known about Parise? Nah. But the one thing that really bothers me about your guide is that you go white or black. You are hit and or miss and I would rather have what is more likely to happen. More likely someone gets 55 points than 20 points or 80 points. That way way people don't invest so much and lose so much. Sure some people could win huge but it is not what most people want to pay for.

I would rather you say "50" points, with 40% chance to get 80.

Seeing something like that I would probably draft him as a 55-60 point guy as opposed to an 80 or a 40.

I did find that letter funny though.
    I agree with that comment. I don't want predictions that will be complete hits or complete misses. My problem is that I have too much confidence in you, Dobber!

Somehow, I always pick the ones that were/are complete busts (e.g. O'Sully last year, Zherdev this year). Both were highly touted in their respective guides. I do realize that you cannot be right on all of them. But, like stated previously, I would also prefer predictions that are more down to Earth. That would be my only critique about the guide, as everything else is pretty awesome!

And, of course, that Parise injury is not something that can be predicted. So, yeah, that guy is pretty stupid!
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Banned

Dobber, as long as you man up for the ones that don't come in every year and explain your reasoning why you thought it was a good idea and why it turned out to not be then I am 200% behind you, accountability is big in this business I think, even with douchebags like this writing you for nonsense. We're all adults here (mostly) so we should be able to think for ourselves and not take every word as gospel anyway, but rather use your ideas and tips to supplement our own. I think it takes alotta balls to make bold predictions when you know from the get-go that you're gonna be grossly wrong on some of them. I prefer that to playing it safe personally, safe is just watered down numbers to protect your own ass, I'd rather you take an educated chance each year and tell us who you think will blow up and let us gauge it for ourselves.

The only danger is that we must ALWAYS try to avoid the hive mind mentality here, we tend to all have certain preconceptions about certain players based off experiences on these forums, and that is the only real danger I think...so dont let that sway you if you observe evidence to the contrary, if you have a dissenting opinion and you back it up well, that's gold IMO.

cheers

Dobber Sports Stud

I bought the guide.. and ya I read that you had sully for x amount of points and Zherdev for whatever... I could use these... but I didnt agree.. so I opted not to draft them..

its the Dobber guide.. not the the Dobber do this and i guarantee you to win your pool! Gotta go with your own thoughts sometimes.

People that send in an email are just ridiculous
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Anyway, as Dobber says all the time : He's right 52% of the time. Not 100%

Get your own mind.

Damn I really thought Zherdev would be a stud this year I drafted him high in TWO pools (and that's unfortunately true)... have to stop thinking Dobber is god.
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Icon

If it wasn't for Dobber I would have never picked Skinner up and he's the only young guy holding my RW together right now. I've become a much better fantasy hockey GM since following this site. Sure, I may have been influenced to pick up some guys who didn't pan out, but homeruns like Skinner more than make up for it.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Dobber, as long as you man up for the ones that don't come in every year and explain your reasoning why you thought it was a good idea and why it turned out to not be then I am 200% behind you, accountability is big in this business I think, even with douchebags like this writing you for nonsense. We're all adults here (mostly) so we should be able to think for ourselves and not take every word as gospel anyway, but rather use your ideas and tips to supplement our own. I think it takes alotta balls to make bold predictions when you know from the get-go that you're gonna be grossly wrong on some of them. I prefer that to playing it safe personally, safe is just watered down numbers to protect your own ass, I'd rather you take an educated chance each year and tell us who you think will blow up and let us gauge it for ourselves.

The only danger is that we must ALWAYS try to avoid the hive mind mentality here, we tend to all have certain preconceptions about certain players based off experiences on these forums, and that is the only real danger I think...so dont let that sway you if you observe evidence to the contrary, if you have a dissenting opinion and you back it up well, that's gold IMO.

cheers
    100% agree. Great job!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kickerz View Post
    But the one thing that really bothers me about your guide is that you go white or black. You are hit and or miss and I would rather have what is more likely to happen. More likely someone gets 55 points than 20 points or 80 points. That way way people don't invest so much and lose so much. Sure some people could win huge but it is not what most people want to pay for.
    So if Dobber said O'Sully and Zherdev would both get to 55 pts, then they only got 5, would that make you feel any better? Either way it's a miss.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hey I was just giving Dobber a hard time. If you want a different analysis, go buy the Hockey News mag or one of the other ones, they all have ******ed predictions for one player or another. I won my league for the first time last year and a big part of it was due to this site helping me grab middle-of-the-road guys like Pavelski and Sharp who used to go unnoticed and ignored in our pool. Not anymore - they were prime assets at the draft this year because my whole pool has gotten smarter.

I...am your father.

I go black or white on about 10% of the guys, if that. It just really sticks out because they are my home runs or my egg-on-face.
    But I think most guys don't go black or white on anything - not even 1%. And that's what I have a problem with.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hey I was just giving Dobber a hard time. If you want a different analysis, go buy the Hockey News mag or one of the other ones, they all have ******ed predictions for one player or another. I won my league for the first time last year and a big part of it was due to this site helping me grab middle-of-the-road guys like Pavelski and Sharp who used to go unnoticed and ignored in our pool. Not anymore - they were prime assets at the draft this year because my whole pool has gotten smarter.
    LOL, I think Dobber and some of the other guys write for the hockey news
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com